What Movies are you Watching?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Re: What Movies are you Watching?

Postby SilverToast » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:07 pm

I watched Shaolin Soccor on Hulu. It is so hilarious! If they ever make a dbz live action movie again they should do the effects with Freddie Wong.
SilverToast

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:22 am

Reincarnation - I think this is what it was called. It was a Japanese horror movie about a horror movie being filmed about a murder in a hotel, but all of the cast are actually reincarnations of the people who were involved. Most of it was just a bit creepy and interesting to think about, but some of the stuff at the end was downright terrifying.

Wreck-It Ralph - ^_^ Loved this movie. It was everything a geek like me could have asked for. There were all sorts of fun references to classic video games, and I loved the way some of the characters were animated to look like they were moving in the choppy way old games do. This movie also reached out and touched my heart, making me tear up towards the end. Pure Disney gold.
the_wolfs_howl

Postby SierraLea » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:28 pm

Star Wars 4,5, and 6. I loved a lot of the stories, but I don't like Luke's actor as much as I remember, and I totally wish we could take some of the effects from this movie generation and add them in, especially when Luke gets his hand cut off. He's totally holding the sleeve closed from the inside!
SierraLea

Postby Crossfire » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:57 pm

And here I am (as with many, many, other people) thinking that added CGI to the original trilogy would be a bad idea. Heck, it was a bad idea- I guess you didn't see the fan uproar when the blurays were released. :lol:

But enough ranting. I recently re-watched the 1986 Transformers movie. I think the dialog was the best part of the movie, most of it being "so cheesy that it's good".

"I've got better things to do tonight than die!"

"Did we have to let them detonate three-quarters of the ship?"

"Seeing as how they would have detonated four-quarters, I think it was a good choice."

"Ultra Magnus, a cursory evaluation of Decepticon capability indicates a distinct tactical deficiency!

"In other words, Perceptor...?"

"We're outnumbered!"
Crossfire

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:55 am

The Hobbit (the old animated one) - Wanted to show this to some friends, and we had a blast ripping it to shreds :lol: Such a bad adaptation XD

Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events - Ahhh, I'd forgotten how much I enjoy this movie. I don't care that they've never adapted the entire series. This captures the core of the books, and that's what's important. (I watched with my Goth roommate, who was over the moon about the aesthetic :P)
the_wolfs_howl

Postby ClaecElric4God » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:12 pm

Just watched Rise of the Guardians. If you don't love and respect the Easter Bunny, you have issues. Jack Frost was cool, too.
Also watched Hotel Transylvania. Meh. Dracula saved the movie. I wasn't crazy about any of the other characters or the movie in general.
And The Hobbit. I...guess it's great? I wouldn't know. I was trying to make potato salad at the same time, so I only half saw it. Great graphics and all the important stuff. I have to say when I first saw young Bilbo I was ecstatic because I thought it was Pippin. I was like "What?! This is about Pippin? Yes!!"
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Crossfire » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:52 pm

ClaecElric4God wrote:And The Hobbit.

ClaecElric4God wrote: I was like "What?! This is about Pippin? Yes!!"

The Tolkien fan inside me is screaming for bloody murder.

:lol:
Crossfire

Postby SierraLea » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:01 pm

I also saw the Hobbit, and can't stand the parts with Golemn. Could he get any creepier?
SierraLea

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:20 pm

^My friend freaked out at that too ^^

Re-watching Les Mis on dvd. Glad i saw this in theatre :>
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby Atria35 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:26 am

Pirates of Penzance. This is flipping hilarious!
Atria35

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:53 am

SierraLea wrote:I also saw the Hobbit, and can't stand the parts with Golemn. Could he get any creepier?

Sadface! That's my favorite part! :(

Anyway, I got to see Wreck-It Ralph in the dollar theater, and it was great to watch it again; I caught a lot more references and jokes this time through, since I wasn't paying as much attention to the story.
the_wolfs_howl

Postby SierraLea » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:39 pm

No movie is harder to watch than the Passion. And I just finished it.
SierraLea

Postby SierraLea » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:38 pm

Saw Rise of the Guardians yesterday, and really liked Jack. He's a very believable character. I love it when the bunny goes tiny! That is so cute!

I also finally got to finish Hotel Transylvania, and it wasn't all it was cracked up to be. I do love the moments when Drak goes red and crazy.
SierraLea

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:18 am

Ringu 2 - Actually creepier than the first one

The Fall - Still one of my absolute favorites <3
the_wolfs_howl

Postby AndrewinIce » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:01 pm

I've been sick, so I've actually been able to watch some over the last few days.

The Grey-...A waste of time except for a well done dramatic end.
Evidence of Blood- Very good. Mystery thriller done very well.
The next Three Days- Pretty good. Not great.
The Dark Knight Rises- Amazing! Not going into detail, as it would simply take too long.
AndrewinIce

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:50 pm

AndrewinIce wrote:The next Three Days- Pretty good. Not great

This was sort of my reaction, which made my Dad sad because he loved it.
Also, hope you feel better.

Postby SierraLea » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:29 pm

Howl's Moving Castle. That's my favorite Studio Ghibli film, hands down. I only wished they had picked a better english voice for Howl!
SierraLea

Postby AndrewinIce » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:53 am

Panda4christ:3 wrote:
AndrewinIce wrote:The next Three Days- Pretty good. Not great

This was sort of my reaction, which made my Dad sad because he loved it.
Also, hope you feel better.

Thanks, and I do. Finally!
AndrewinIce

Postby Makachop^^128 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:29 am

Watched Castle in the sky last night, I've been in a anime mood recently :P
Makachop^^128

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:30 pm

Finally got around to seeing Les Miserables! It was really good; I certainly felt the emotion more than I did watching the concert. The acting was also amazing, obviously. Unfortunately, only a handful of them could sing worth much, but I guess you can't have everything. I was absolutely blown away by Anne Hathaway's performance and singing - she definitely deserved that Oscar! The only parts I cried for were the ones with the priest, because...yes. Yes yes yes.

I also watched Aladdin and the King of Thieves - ahhh, the essence of my childhood! ^_^ This is the first time I've seen it knowing that Cassim is voiced by none other than John Rhys-Davies, and now I can't believe I never figured that out before!
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:29 pm

Just finished Arthur and the invisibles with my brother. We were trying to find something on netflix instant to watch before going to sleep and...
Ugh...i never wanna watch that again...that was just..*shudders* awful awful movie.

Postby Kaori » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:45 am

The Hiding Place: admittedly I was not giving it nearly my full attention, but it seems like the film somehow managed to change the characters' eloquent wisdom in the book into trite, hollow-sounding clichés and wasn't entirely faithful to the story (e.g. adding a scene where Casper Ten Boom stands in line with the Jews to receive a star). It was also just really dark and hard to see stuff much of the time. Highly recommend reading the book instead.
Kaori

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:44 pm

Sin City - What a beautiful movie. It's based on a graphic novel - even to the extent that everything is filmed in black and white with only a few accents of color. Truly gorgeous to look at, so streamlined and pristine. It was also delightfully noir, down to the grim eloquence of the narration and the flowing trench coats. Obviously, it's a very dark, gritty story with almost no hope shining through, but I found it very rewarding all the same, though certainly not something you'd just turn on on a Friday night to watch with popcorn.

A cautionary note to anyone thinking of watching it: This movie deserves its R rating every inch of the way. There's quite a lot of nudity, sexual innuendo, a sex scene itself (which I could thankfully skip because I was watching it with someone who'd already seen it), blood, guts, a romance I found absolutely disgusting, cannibalism, and extremely scantily-clad prostitutes walking around for a large portion of the movie. I'm still glad I saw it, and I think it was worth it despite all that, but do make sure none of this will be a stumbling block before you watch it.
the_wolfs_howl

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Fri May 03, 2013 6:40 am

Pan's Labyrinth - Despite my long-lasting love of anything involving labyrinths and my love of the horrific and fantastical, I'd been staying away from this movie for a long time because I was afraid it was one of those movies that revels in the darkness it portrays. I was relieved to find, after I'd been coaxed into watching it with friends, that my fears were completely unfounded. It's a dark and grisly tale, with quite a few gross things and blood (I had to avert my eyes a few times), but it's not just darkness for darkness's sake. I feel it accurately captures the truly grim aspect of the original fairy tales, acknowledging that great sacrifices must be made to make your wishes come true.

I also got to see The Hobbit again, and my opinion of it hasn't lowered a bit. I love this movie.
the_wolfs_howl

Postby AndrewinIce » Fri May 03, 2013 9:36 am

I Watched 'Safe'. It was very good, and 'not too bad' (My mom hates those words) when it came to language.
AndrewinIce

Postby GeneD » Fri May 03, 2013 1:59 pm

the_wolfs_howl wrote:Pan's Labyrinth

Such a great movie, but yeah it's dark. I loved that the monster of the story is not what I expected.
GeneD

Postby Scarecrow » Fri May 03, 2013 2:14 pm

Imagenaerum.... aka the Nightwish movie... unless you're a fan of Nightwish, don't bother. Of course, if you're not a fan, ya probably never heard of it so... If you are, it's a weak movie in terms of script and story telling... the story itself is not bad, the idea just needed to be taken to someone who could write the dialog better and maybe work with storytelling a bit. But I still liked it regardless... just to hear Nightwish music in a movie. The score is amazing, the visuals are a treat and seeing the band show up a couple times and few songs... yea it was fun.

Just wished the movie was tighter in terms of script/dialog/storytelling. Visually it was beautiful though. My favorite parts were basically any part where Nightwish music was playing predominately and it was just being visual... like the suicide scene, the tin soldier scene, the flying over the mountains... the part where Tom is Chasing Gem.... Basically the movie would have been amazing if they just cut out all the dialog and just had music/songs tell the story with the visuals. Cause those were the best parts. Any time someone started talking it just didn't flow but I still liked it. If you're not a fan of Nightwish, probably wouldn't like it at all much.
Scarecrow

Postby SierraLea » Sun May 05, 2013 10:08 pm

Has anyone seen the latest Iron Man yet? Is it any good, or the sequel that never should have happened?
SierraLea

Postby bigsleepj » Mon May 06, 2013 11:12 am

I thought it was good, but some fans of the comics will not like it that much. :)
bigsleepj

Postby AndrewinIce » Mon May 06, 2013 10:18 pm

SierraLea wrote:Has anyone seen the latest Iron Man yet? Is it any good, or the sequel that never should have happened?

My brother says it was good, but the weakest of the three. IGN.com says it's the best of the series. Joss Wheden, directer of 'The Avengers', apparently, after seeing it, said, "How Am I going to top that in 'Avengers 2'.

This is all he said she said.
AndrewinIce

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment