What non-anime tv show are you showing,

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Re: What non-anime tv show are you showing,

Postby ClaecElric4God » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:50 am

*gasp* Zeldafan! You do still exist!!! I missed youuuuuuuu!
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Zeldafan2 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:12 pm

ClaecElric4God wrote:*gasp* Zeldafan! You do still exist!!! I missed youuuuuuuu!

Aw, thanks. 'Missed you too. :)
Zeldafan2

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:55 pm

Finished the J-drama Liar Game. Really good adaptation of the manga, and a lot of fun to watch! Also made me a fan of Shota Matsuda ^_^
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Thunderscream872 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:30 pm

I started watching Legend of Korra. I finished season 1, and I gotta say, I love it so far.

I'm catching up on The Strain too. Also, really good.
"NO BLOOD! NO BONE! NO ASH!"

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

MyAnimeList - Anime-Planet - A room with a moose
Thunderscream872

Postby Jonathan » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:36 am

I watched the J-Drama TV Adaption of "Death Note" which I like so far.
"And Jesus said unto him, 'Why callest thou me good? There is none good but one, that is, God."-Mark 10:18

"But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the son, but the father."-Mark 13:32

"Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I."-John 14:28
Jonathan

Postby Bobtheduck » Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:49 am

Once Upon a Time, Bob's Burgers, Gotham, Agents of Shield, MLP, Doctor Who, Fresh off the Boat.

Gotham is pretty awesome. It's painful to see Selina go down the dark path, though. I know she has to (at least temporarily) be a villain, but she and Bruce were just so cute together... At least until SPOILER: Highlight text to read: she killed the guy that stabbed Alfred, and joined Fish (then later Penguin) The latter of those things was the most frustrating. I was a bit confused by SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Jerome's death. He was the freaking Joker. I guess, they want it to be like Dark Knight, where the Joker has no discernable origin, but I loved Jerome.

AoS is playing second fiddle to Gotham, and even other Marvel shows (*Ahem* Daredevil)

I'm still not sure how I feel about the 12th doctor... Er, 13th... Er... 14th. Whatever he is. He doesn't seem to be as much of a jerk as he was in the previous series, though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby MomentOfInertia » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:44 pm

Bobtheduck wrote:I'm still not sure how I feel about the 12th doctor... Er, 13th... Er... 14th. Whatever he is. He doesn't seem to be as much of a jerk as he was in the previous series, though.

Well, he's got those cards now. So that probably helps.
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby Bobtheduck » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:28 am

So apparently, Gotham has really low ratings... Again, I back the losing horse. I guess I just have strange tastes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby artisticDreamer » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:17 am

I've been watching the new Doctor Who season as it comes out in England.
artisticDreamer

Postby heero yuy 95 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:47 am

I've been watching a lot of Trailer Park Boys. Watched from season 4 up to 8, now I'm going back to the earlier seasons. It's funny to go back and see how the dialogue changed and the budget rose.

Oh, and of course, I keep up with Regular Show.
heero yuy 95

Postby artisticDreamer » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:18 am

I am not showing any non-anime tv shows. I am not Netflix or a movie theater.
I am, however, watching a k-drama called Signal that's really good.
artisticDreamer

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:03 pm

Currently, I'm watching:

TMNT (2003)
Dragons: Riders of Berk
Over the Garden Wall
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Lost
Alfred Hitchcock Presents
Death Note (the J-drama)
Lie to Me
The All-New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh

So I'm reliving my childhood with TMNT, Riders of Berk, Over the Garden Wall, and The All-New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (none of which I actually saw when I was a kid, except for a scattered few episodes of Winnie the Pooh). I'm watching the Death Note J-drama to assuage my curiosity even though I don't particularly like this adaptation (and will finish it just because I love the story that much). And I'm thoroughly enjoying Buffy, Lost, Alfred Hitchcock Presents, and Lie to Me.
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Sheenar » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:45 pm

Chopped --such a fun show. Watched the one where viewers chose the ingredients for the whole competition --oh boy, that was fun to watch. XD
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby LastLfan » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:56 am

Been watching Survivor and the occasional indie movie
LastLfan

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:24 pm

My brother just got me into The Man in the High Castle, and it's reeeeally good. What would have happened if the Allies didn't win WWII? Fascinating so far; I'm looking forward to watching the rest of it.

- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Sheenar » Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:08 pm

I haven't been watching a whole lot of anything lately. No particular reason --just...haven't.

When I have settled in to watch something, it's mostly been episodes of Cutthroat Kitchen on Netflix.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Rusty Claymore » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:13 am

孤独のゴルメ - The Solitary Gourmet.
A dry goods salesman brings meaning back into life when he seeks out and enjoys real restaurants in and around Tokyo.
Don't eat before watching, you'll just get hungry again. n_n
Rusty Claymore

Postby Furen » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:13 pm

I've been watching Iron Fist, and Arrow recently.
Finishing Iron Fist this early is cool, because all of the Netflix series I've enjoyed ended up taking a long time for me to get through with my schedule.

Arrow is in it's final season, so I hope that it doesn't go downhill (I know some said it did after season 1) and ends reasonably well, but I don't know how they're going to wrap up from season 4.
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby K. Ayato » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:20 pm

Switched at Birth, primarily because I took ASL, I'm now hard of hearing, and I hang out with deafies.
K. Ayato

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:18 pm

Agent Carter - which is sooooooooooo goooooooooooooood :O If you're into the MCU at all, if you've seen Captain America: The First Avenger, GO WATCH THIS SHOW. Excellently written, brilliantly acted, so much fun to watch and so many interesting character dynamics. The only problem is that it's canceled, but then, all the great shows are, right? :/

- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby SierraLea » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:33 pm

Where can I find Agent Carter?
I've been trying to watch Arrow on Netflix, but after all the nasty angst started twisting the characters into knots, I just gave up.
SierraLea

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:28 pm

SierraLea wrote:Where can I find Agent Carter?

I got it on Amazon.

- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby SierraLea » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:19 pm

Thanks, The Wolf's Howl.
I also finished The Kindness Diaries, a very cool series on Netflix. I recommend it to anyone who wants to be inspired. It's pretty short too, so maybe a week's worth of watching.
SierraLea

Postby SierraLea » Thu May 25, 2017 6:29 pm

DANG IT, THE NEW SEASON OF SHERLOCK CAME OUT!!!!
I'm in the middle of the third episode and there were parts where I seriously wanted to rip John apart! Which was interesting, because my husband, who was watching with me, thought the actions I was up in arms about were perfectly okay. well, I say NOT OKAY! But then again, I'm very much a Sherlock girl.
SierraLea

Postby SierraLea » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:35 pm

I've watched a lot of different things since I last posted here, but my most recent obsession is Voltron. I saw a trailer for the series on one of the recent movies I saw, and, because the animation looked so similar to another of my favorite non-anime cartoons, Avatar, decided to give it a whirl. I ended up with something that stole it's art and characters from Avatar, half of its premise from power rangers, the other half from Gurren Laggan, and dumped a bucket of humor in there somewhere. It does have its serious moments, and the characters I just love. The different alien species are really well done too and don't conform to a lot of other popular images for aliens.
"I tell you, if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out." (Luke 19:37-40).
Exceptionally Ordinary
"No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else." P.T.Barnam
SierraLea

Postby Furen » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:21 pm

Most recently, I was watching How to Get Away with Murder and Quantico.

Not family friendly, but really interesting stories
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby SierraLea » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:55 pm

I got sucked into Psych. My sister has been a fan of it for years and it was just sitting there at the library, practically begging me to read it. I couldn't help myself!
"I tell you, if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out." (Luke 19:37-40).
Exceptionally Ordinary
"No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else." P.T.Barnam
SierraLea

Postby Mouse2010 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:04 pm

Currently watching The Keepers, a Netflix original series. It's about sexual abuse in a Catholic school and it's just absolutely brutal. Very well done as a true crime/documentary, but draining to watch.

(Note: some people have accused it of being anti-Catholic, but as far as I can tell, it's not. It's depicting something horrible that really happened and should not have been covered up.)
Mouse2010

Postby ClaecElric4God » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:53 am

I found this show on TV called "Soshite, daremo inakunatta", based on Agatha Christie's "And Then There Were None". It's pretty interesting but uses so many big words in Japanese that I don't know. :waah!:
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Rose Faerie » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:56 pm

I'm enjoying Lost right now.

I'm figuring out which characters I like and which ones I don't like. Honestly, I have never encountered characters I hate so much as I hate Sawyer and Shannon. I'm not very far, but what I have seen isn't pretty. Neither of them have any redeeming qualities, and Sawyer is the kind of person I'd hate to find in real life. Of course I don't know their stories, but right now they're pretty hateable.
Rose Faerie

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment