OK so I'm building an online game store to sell my PC games and I have a web programming question

The geek forum. PHP, Perl, HTML, hardware questions etc.. it's all in here. Got a techie question? We'll sort you out. Ask your questions or post a link to your own site here!

OK so I'm building an online game store to sell my PC games and I have a web programming question

Postby Never thirsty! » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:42 pm

I'm trying to make a link to my Google drive where my games are stored and I need a way to detect if the user has inputted valid payment info and enable a button with a link to my drive in the attributes of the button tag

What I have so far i have this figured out(JavaScript)
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
////////Allow download js code //////////////////////
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////
if(/*valid payment information has been entered*/){
button.enabled = true;
}

else
{
button.enabled = false;
}
//End of code

and then I would use some SQL to save the data for future purchases if the user wishes.
User avatar
Never thirsty!
 
Posts: 245
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:15 pm
Location: I don't even know anymore.

Re: OK so I'm building an online game store to sell my PC games and I have a web programming question

Postby LecktheTech » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:59 pm

How is this a question?
♪The sword is sharp, the spear is long.

The arrow swift, the gate is strong

The heart is bold, that looks on gold

The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.♪
User avatar
LecktheTech
 
Posts: 170
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:20 pm
Location: ECU

Re: OK so I'm building an online game store to sell my PC games and I have a web programming question

Postby Never thirsty! » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:24 pm

LecktheTech wrote:How is this a question?

Yeah I guess it's not really a question more of a request for knowledge to go about this endeavor
User avatar
Never thirsty!
 
Posts: 245
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:15 pm
Location: I don't even know anymore.

Re: OK so I'm building an online game store to sell my PC games and I have a web programming question

Postby LecktheTech » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:27 am

Are you learning how to code in Java?
♪The sword is sharp, the spear is long.

The arrow swift, the gate is strong

The heart is bold, that looks on gold

The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.♪
User avatar
LecktheTech
 
Posts: 170
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:20 pm
Location: ECU

Re: OK so I'm building an online game store to sell my PC games and I have a web programming question

Postby Never thirsty! » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:29 am

LecktheTech wrote:Are you learning how to code in Java?


I'm using JavaScript which if I am not mistaken is different from Java I'm not sure because I have no experience with Java
User avatar
Never thirsty!
 
Posts: 245
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:15 pm
Location: I don't even know anymore.

Re: OK so I'm building an online game store to sell my PC games and I have a web programming question

Postby IPv4 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:18 am

Javascript has nothing to do with java whatsoever. Javascript was made by netscape to add functionality to web browsers and borrowed the name java since it was new and hype back then.
User avatar
IPv4
 
Posts: 262
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:48 am
Location: SCHWEDEN

Re: OK so I'm building an online game store to sell my PC games and I have a web programming question

Postby Never thirsty! » Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:12 pm

IPv4 wrote:Javascript has nothing to do with java whatsoever. Javascript was made by netscape to add functionality to web browsers and borrowed the name java since it was new and hype back then.


Not to be rude but can anyone offer me tips for my JavaScript I didn't really post this thread as a discussion on JavaScript v. Java. I will admit however that I have fed into it so my bad.
User avatar
Never thirsty!
 
Posts: 245
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:15 pm
Location: I don't even know anymore.

Re: OK so I'm building an online game store to sell my PC games and I have a web programming question

Postby Ante Bellum » Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:38 pm

"Hey guys help me with some JavaScript so I can sell my games."
*posts if-else statement*

I can't quite put my finger on it, but something tells me that NT doesn't actually make games.
Image
User avatar
Ante Bellum
 
Posts: 1339
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:59 pm
Location: E U R O B E A T H E L L

Re: OK so I'm building an online game store to sell my PC games and I have a web programming question

Postby Xeno » Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:41 pm

Ante Bellum wrote:"Hey guys help me with some JavaScript so I can sell my games."
*posts if-else statement*

I can't quite put my finger on it, but something tells me that NT doesn't actually make games.

Selling games != making games. Welcome to NTRomWarez.ru!
User avatar
Xeno
 
Posts: 1894
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 12:13 pm
Location: Oklahoma City

Re: OK so I'm building an online game store to sell my PC games and I have a web programming question

Postby Never thirsty! » Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:19 pm

Xeno wrote:
Ante Bellum wrote:"Hey guys help me with some JavaScript so I can sell my games."
*posts if-else statement*

I can't quite put my finger on it, but something tells me that NT doesn't actually make games.

Selling games != making games. Welcome to NTRomWarez.ru!


I'm sorry but ante bellum... What? Xeno your response is even more stupid NTRomWarez is this 1986? My company has a better name than that my real name is in it so I won't post it for the my safety
User avatar
Never thirsty!
 
Posts: 245
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:15 pm
Location: I don't even know anymore.

Re: OK so I'm building an online game store to sell my PC games and I have a web programming question

Postby Xeno » Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:39 pm

Yes, it is the distant future, the year is 1986, the Macintosh Plus was just released earlier this year, also warez sites do not yet exist due to a segregated and still very early internet.

Put your games on Steam, though Ante is saying they don't think you actually develop games. If you don't, and you're trying to sell copies of games you purchased, then that would make it a warez or rom site by nature, which is what I was saying. But yeah, go on calling me stupid because you can't get PayPal to generate payment authorizations or whatever it is you're trying to do.
Last edited by Xeno on Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Xeno
 
Posts: 1894
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 12:13 pm
Location: Oklahoma City

Re: OK so I'm building an online game store to sell my PC games and I have a web programming question

Postby Nate » Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:44 pm

Please buy my games from my company. No I can't tell you my company's name, for personal safety reasons. Just google "guy selling games" or something and you might stumble across my company's website by accident, though of course my company's name won't be on it obviously.
Image

Ezekiel 23:20
User avatar
Nate
 
Posts: 10708
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:00 pm
Location: Oh right, like anyone actually cares.

Re: OK so I'm building an online game store to sell my PC games and I have a web programming question

Postby LecktheTech » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:08 pm

Yeah, I didn't really think about this post much, but it did seem kinda odd.
♪The sword is sharp, the spear is long.

The arrow swift, the gate is strong

The heart is bold, that looks on gold

The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.♪
User avatar
LecktheTech
 
Posts: 170
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:20 pm
Location: ECU

Re: OK so I'm building an online game store to sell my PC games and I have a web programming question

Postby Never thirsty! » Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:19 am

Nate wrote:Please buy my games from my company. No I can't tell you my company's name, for personal safety reasons. Just google "guy selling games" or something and you might stumble across my company's website by accident, though of course my company's name won't be on it obviously.


1. I don't want you guys to buy my games because then you'd probably rag on those as well as everything else I post here because my games are products that I programmed and created all the assets for so uh yeah got that out of the way. fine if you want to know my company's name so bad it's Cruickshank Studios don't google guy selling games my start is so close to the ground right now that I can't even afford a website on my cashier salary what I have been trying to do is actually develop the website so that when I can afford a domain I can be prepared having all of the pages ready and can just start selling as soon as I get the chance. Yo Xeno I don't want to use steam because it is too expensive for me and there is no guarantee my game will even be listed on steam for purchase so I'm not about to do that I've looked into steam, humble bundle, you name it. I don't wan't to rely solely on paypal I want to at minimum have a way to accept visa or something like that. None of my games at the moment are even copyrighted do you really think ima sell them online with no legal protection I just want to know how to do what I can while I have the time and resources.
User avatar
Never thirsty!
 
Posts: 245
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:15 pm
Location: I don't even know anymore.

Re: OK so I'm building an online game store to sell my PC games and I have a web programming question

Postby Ante Bellum » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:11 am

A'ight, NT, let's break this down as if you were five. It's quite sad, as you are an adult man and we've gone over this many times in the past. I had the beginnings of a much more thorough post typed up, but it was quite overwhelming what with all the links and nitpicking, so I decided (as I do many times) to scale it back. I will post viewtopic.php?f=105&t=65528&p=1632071 though, because it's still a good example of how you can blatantly lie, have your posts picked apart, and STILL not get it.

1. I don't want you guys to buy my games because then you'd probably rag on those as well as everything else I post here

The thing is, you DON'T post anything here. You haven't posted a single shred of proof that you do any of the things you claim to. The extent of the code you've posted is barely entry-level. You claiming to make complete games while asking for critique on an if-else statement is like someone claiming to do calculus and then asking if they did subtraction correctly.
Besides that, people have a right to complain about something they paid money for. If, hypothetically, you DID release a game, do you think people would be perfectly content with it just because they aren't us?

because my games are products that I programmed and created all the assets for so uh yeah got that out of the way.

Until you prove beyond a doubt that you have done any work, we are going to assume that you have not.

Cruickshank Studios

First Google search shows that this is an MMA fighter. I'm going to take a guess here and say that's not your real name.

I can't even afford a website on my cashier salary what I have been trying to do is actually develop the website so that when I can afford a domain I can be prepared having all of the pages ready and can just start selling as soon as I get the chance.

There are options for free website builders (and game file hosts) out there, and you don't need to know anything to throw one together. They have been around for ages, so there's no reason you couldn't have looked into it.

Yo Xeno I don't want to use steam because it is too expensive for me and there is no guarantee my game will even be listed on steam for purchase

There IS no guarantee. Do you know what greatly increases the likelihood of getting games approved, though? Making a good game. Want to know what makes people want to throw money at you (besides making a good game)? Promotion. Uploading demos and production work (audio tracks, sketches, animation loops), networking with others for feedback and advice, keeping a production blog, engaging with your audience. Or you just cough up the hundred for Greenlight approval (which isn't all that much if you are so confident in your work).

None of my games at the moment are even copyrighted do you really think ima sell them online with no legal protection I just want to know how to do what I can while I have the time and resources.

There are a lot of easy-to-understand articles out there on copyright law and video games. If you had done two minutes of research you'd know that what you have said is wrong.


And that concludes your regular nitpicking. Commence ragequit, please.
Image
User avatar
Ante Bellum
 
Posts: 1339
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:59 pm
Location: E U R O B E A T H E L L

Re: OK so I'm building an online game store to sell my PC games and I have a web programming question

Postby Never thirsty! » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:08 pm

Ante Bellum wrote:A'ight, NT, let's break this down as if you were five. It's quite sad, as you are an adult man and we've gone over this many times in the past. I had the beginnings of a much more thorough post typed up, but it was quite overwhelming what with all the links and nitpicking, so I decided (as I do many times) to scale it back. I will post viewtopic.php?f=105&t=65528&p=1632071 though, because it's still a good example of how you can blatantly lie, have your posts picked apart, and STILL not get it.

1. I don't want you guys to buy my games because then you'd probably rag on those as well as everything else I post here

The thing is, you DON'T post anything here. You haven't posted a single shred of proof that you do any of the things you claim to. The extent of the code you've posted is barely entry-level. You claiming to make complete games while asking for critique on an if-else statement is like someone claiming to do calculus and then asking if they did subtraction correctly.
Besides that, people have a right to complain about something they paid money for. If, hypothetically, you DID release a game, do you think people would be perfectly content with it just because they aren't us?

because my games are products that I programmed and created all the assets for so uh yeah got that out of the way.

Until you prove beyond a doubt that you have done any work, we are going to assume that you have not.

Cruickshank Studios

First Google search shows that this is an MMA fighter. I'm going to take a guess here and say that's not your real name.

I can't even afford a website on my cashier salary what I have been trying to do is actually develop the website so that when I can afford a domain I can be prepared having all of the pages ready and can just start selling as soon as I get the chance.

There are options for free website builders (and game file hosts) out there, and you don't need to know anything to throw one together. They have been around for ages, so there's no reason you couldn't have looked into it.

Yo Xeno I don't want to use steam because it is too expensive for me and there is no guarantee my game will even be listed on steam for purchase

There IS no guarantee. Do you know what greatly increases the likelihood of getting games approved, though? Making a good game. Want to know what makes people want to throw money at you (besides making a good game)? Promotion. Uploading demos and production work (audio tracks, sketches, animation loops), networking with others for feedback and advice, keeping a production blog, engaging with your audience. Or you just cough up the hundred for Greenlight approval (which isn't all that much if you are so confident in your work).

None of my games at the moment are even copyrighted do you really think ima sell them online with no legal protection I just want to know how to do what I can while I have the time and resources.

There are a lot of easy-to-understand articles out there on copyright law and video games. If you had done two minutes of research you'd know that what you have said is wrong.


And that concludes your regular nitpicking. Commence ragequit, please.


I do post have not been here in a while because I haven't really had time with travel and things. That code was just a reference as to what I already had figured out there is more code however it is in my hippocampus I have not tested it yet. I wasn't looking for critique I was looking for guidance. I don't make my games in JS I use Unity3d. Sure you Google cruickshank and found Darrin nice job it's called having similar names I might actually be loosely related to him via the cruickshank clan of Scotland. My first name however starts with a J. and of course if J... cruickshank was your Google input there's probably someone who who has higher fame than me I can't even find myself in Google images I have to do the facebook copy image crap. Even then I will be 16th on the list. No I don't think people would be content if they weren't you i think the my wouldn't be biased because they don't already not like me. I don't want to post my work here because I don't want someone to take my idea and claim it as their own while I can't prove it was mine other than with the date created section of Windows explorer. Which someone could say I modified with my cmd skills. Freemium website builders and game file hosts if you found one can you link it in your response I could really use that. Seriously no sarcasm. I have a group of people who test my games and give feedback but the only medium I have to promoting my stuff is social media I only use YT to spread awareness of issues and try to get people involved you 11/5 MMM check your local listings g-mayne masks that kind of thing. Legal is not my thing at all I could read something 100% 5 times and still not get the goal of the legal document. You don't want me as a defense attorney. Even if I paid you which is maybe why I can't seem to get you guys to stop trying to poke holes in all I do.
User avatar
Never thirsty!
 
Posts: 245
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:15 pm
Location: I don't even know anymore.

Re: OK so I'm building an online game store to sell my PC games and I have a web programming question

Postby TheChocolateGamer » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:12 am

Sorry I didn't write here before, but this is getting ridiculous people. Do you want to help each other or to eat each other? If you are hungry, eat something not other people. I don't know what to say from all this. I'm not trying to offend you (because that would be useless), I'm trying to calm you down a little. I agree that NT has a problem with things, but stop pouring gas into the fire. Don't make the matter WORSE as it is.

Xeno, Nate AND NT, please get your heads together. Everything would be fine if you think like Christ would think: calm and collective. Again, I'm not trying to be a judge here (because I'm not), but: (James 5:9) ''Don't grumble against one another, brothers and sisters, or you will be judged. The Judge is standing at the door!'' James didn't say that without purpose. God doesn't want this without purpose. It's for OUR OWN GOOD.

I hope you understood.
Galatians 3:13 NIV: Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole.”

Luke 6:31 NIV (The Golden Rule): Do to others as you would have them do to you.

“Too much of anything is dangerous, unless it's God's Love.”
― Reign

You seem happy from the bottom of your heart. That also makes me me just as happy.
-Sala Shane (Charlotte)

Statement of faith: http://www.filedropper.com/statementoffaith @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~
User avatar
TheChocolateGamer
 
Posts: 164
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:26 am
Location: Bulgaria, Europe

Re: OK so I'm building an online game store to sell my PC games and I have a web programming question

Postby Never thirsty! » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:46 am

TheChocolateGamer wrote:Sorry I didn't write here before, but this is getting ridiculous people. Do you want to help each other or to eat each other? If you are hungry, eat something not other people. I don't know what to say from all this. I'm not trying to offend you (because that would be useless), I'm trying to calm you down a little. I agree that NT has a problem with things, but stop pouring gas into the fire. Don't make the matter WORSE as it is.

Xeno, Nate AND NT, please get your heads together. Everything would be fine if you think like Christ would think: calm and collective. Again, I'm not trying to be a judge here (because I'm not), but: (James 5:9) ''Don't grumble against one another, brothers and sisters, or you will be judged. The Judge is standing at the door!'' James didn't say that without purpose. God doesn't want this without purpose. It's for OUR OWN GOOD.

I hope you understood.


You are right it is getting out of hand what started out as a simple programming question has turned into a shredfest this is my last post pertaining to this thread this is getting stupid it's a waste of my time I'm siting here at a starbucks trying to get help for this question but all it has become is a back and forth debate that is doing nothing but creating dissent among this community. Just as TCG said that is not what God intended for His children so I am not rage quitting I'm tapping because a disagreement among 3 or children of God is not good for any members of the church. So I'm not fanning this flame anymore that's all I have to say. Hits start button, taps quit, taps confirm.
User avatar
Never thirsty!
 
Posts: 245
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:15 pm
Location: I don't even know anymore.

Re: OK so I'm building an online game store to sell my PC games and I have a web programming question

Postby shooraijin » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:07 am

I think we'll draw this to a close as well.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
User avatar
shooraijin
 
Posts: 9735
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 12:00 pm
Location: Southern California


Return to Computing and Links

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

cron