Stylish Theme for CAA!

The geek forum. PHP, Perl, HTML, hardware questions etc.. it's all in here. Got a techie question? We'll sort you out. Ask your questions or post a link to your own site here!

Stylish Theme for CAA!

Postby drill » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:15 pm

Hello Everyone!

I've spent about half the day restyling CAA with the Stylish extension (wow that was brutal :sweat: ). My hope was to create a "brighter" site as I've always thought it was a bit too dark for my taste. Anyway, just click on the link to go to the download. Hope you all like it!

https://userstyles.org/styles/104979/caa-light-theme
drill

Re: Stylish Theme for CAA!

Postby Lynna » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:55 pm

Nice, but I like to shroud myself in darkness and night.

Well, actually, it's because bright screens hurt my eyes.
Lynna

Postby drill » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:41 am

Update: added the choice between Gray and Light Gray background. (Mostly because the light gray one was too bright for me)

EDIT:
Update 2: Fixed profile font color
Fixed background for buttons (except on PM screen)
Took out topic title in every post
Removed text decorations for topic title
Fixed background issue for "Information" page (page after you submit a post)
drill

Postby mechana2015 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:15 pm

I hate to burst your bubble, but as far as I know right now there's no way for users to change the site appearance on their end, so this would have to be a change for every user on the site, not an option. Unless there's some way to mod it on as an extension through your own browser.

Lynna wrote:Well, actually, it's because bright screens hurt my eyes.

And this is why we decided on it's current look.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby drill » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:00 pm

mechana2015 wrote:I hate to burst your bubble, but as far as I know right now there's no way for users to change the site appearance on their end, so this would have to be a change for every user on the site, not an option. Unless there's some way to mod it on as an extension through your own browser.

Lynna wrote:Well, actually, it's because bright screens hurt my eyes.

And this is why we decided on it's current look.

Were you even reading my post? Stylish is an extension that does exactly that.
drill

Postby mechana2015 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:20 pm

I'm just making sure, we've had people say stuff like that before and then expect us to implement it into the site. I don't run a browser that's extension friendly right now so I can't easily check if something's an actual functioning extension or something we install (extension for the site rather than browser side). No reason to get defensive.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Xeno » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:31 pm

mechana2015 wrote:I'm just making sure, we've had people say stuff like that before and then expect us to implement it into the site. I don't run a browser that's extension friendly right now so I can't easily check if something's an actual functioning extension or something we install (extension for the site rather than browser side). No reason to get defensive.

Better check yourself before you wreck youre self

Drill, it wasn't clear if what you were talking about was a browser extension or a BBS extension. Mech took you to mean the latter, since those are more common, and how things used to be done.
Xeno

Postby drill » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:38 pm

mechana2015 wrote:I'm just making sure, we've had people say stuff like that before and then expect us to implement it into the site. I don't run a browser that's extension friendly right now so I can't easily check if something's an actual functioning extension or something we install (extension for the site rather than browser side). No reason to get defensive.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, mech. I did not know that this type of thing happened in the past. Just wanted to make a new theme that anyone could use through the Stylish extension.
drill

Postby Mithrandir » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:03 pm

That's a pretty interesting idea. When I've got some time, I think I'll take a look. The screen shots make for an interesting touch.
Mithrandir

Postby drill » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:59 am

Update:
- Added Halloween Fix
- Added option to keep original theme (when doing this, ignore the background color option as it overrides it)
EDIT:
Update 2:
- Fixed User Control Panel text color
drill

Postby Yami » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:48 pm

0_o odd I'm not seeing any changes.

Edit: False alarm. Had to use the turn on all option to revive stylish... Looks good tho!

I think I still like the original but its still a fun option to toggle off and on every so often! Your next challenge will be to locate all of the link selectors so you can fix the ones that turn invisible!
Yami

Postby drill » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:12 am

Update:
- Fixed button backgrounds
- Updated Halloween patch

Also, thanks for those of you that have shown interest in this! :D If you have any suggestions on something you want me to add, feel free to comment below, and I'll see what I can do.
drill

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:44 pm

No offense to our wonderful admin/mod team, but I must say I'm not much of a pumpkin person (no Halloween rant here, I'm honestly just not a fan of pumpkins). So I like this style.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Return to Computing and Links