Open office writer can't delete footers

The geek forum. PHP, Perl, HTML, hardware questions etc.. it's all in here. Got a techie question? We'll sort you out. Ask your questions or post a link to your own site here!

Open office writer can't delete footers

Postby Bobtheduck » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:21 am

So, I am working on that second Hiragana book for my great nephew.

I'm running a Toshiba Satellite Core Duo, 2 gigs of ram, Win 7 32 bit,

Using newest openoffice.org, I've got headers, but I don't want footers as my pages are already cramped. In any case, I noticed that for some reason, Openoffice made a footer without my permission. Not only that, but when I go into page settings and turn them off, I save and close and reopen, and they're BACK.

The footer is empty, and it has some strange Korean font that, when I looked it up, it said "fine gothic". SO I tried to just make it small. I typed two letters into it, changed the font to Arial (just for completion's sake), and selected the whole footer and made the text 1 point. It shrunk adequately on the screen. I saved, reloaded, and the text I put in the footer was gone, and the footer is back to 10 point size, noticeably throwing off the formatting of my book.

Has anything like this ever happened to anyone, and does anyone have a clue why?

I used Openoffice to make the previous book, but this version is newer... Maybe there's some bug in this version?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Return to Computing and Links