Like hypertext with image embedding trees

The geek forum. PHP, Perl, HTML, hardware questions etc.. it's all in here. Got a techie question? We'll sort you out. Ask your questions or post a link to your own site here!

Like hypertext with image embedding trees

Postby Bobtheduck » Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:55 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LIdPOZGoDE&feature=player_embedded

New tech that's basically hypertext, only instead of clicking, you find the new pages embedded in pictures you zoom into, and shift focus. You can have a chain of these zoomed images + web pages an unending size, apparently. This video doesn't show the more basic but possibly more impressive aspect, though, of using this tech to zoom in and out really far seamlessly on large pictures. This could be the next step in tech like the street view on Google earth (though there's a distinct difference between a camera dolly type movement and a zoom, of course...) I think it's really interesting. Doubt it would replace clicking, but I'm sure it could have its uses.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Straylight » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:58 am

I think that's really impressive, it's kind of like an alternative to traditional hypertext. It's a shame it probably won't catch on for the internet at large, but Sony could use it for some of their proprietry pages.
[align=center]
Banner above created using my avatar generator tool.
You know you want try it.
Straylight

Postby Sammy Boy » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:13 am

Looks really interesting, and I'm already thinking about all the cool applications this could be used for.

But, I think all the zooming are making me dizzy already... :)
Sammy Boy

Return to Computing and Links