Can anyone recommend...

The geek forum. PHP, Perl, HTML, hardware questions etc.. it's all in here. Got a techie question? We'll sort you out. Ask your questions or post a link to your own site here!

Can anyone recommend...

Postby Azier the Swordsman » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:36 pm

A good free screencap program? Yes, I know I can just google it but I wanted to see if anyone here has any program they particularly like and can recommend?
Azier the Swordsman

Postby Nate » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:40 pm

I like the "Print Screen" button. I think it comes free with every keyboard.

But joking aside, I'm assuming you're wanting to screencap games/videos, which can be done with Print Screen, it's just a hassle to do so. Unfortunately, I don't really know of any programs for that, so you'll have to wait for someone smarter than me. XD

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Ante Bellum » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:45 pm

I don't use a screencap program because Mac can take a screencap and it automatically saves as a picture. I know there are some out there though...
Try http://alternativeto.net/SearchResult.aspx?profile=all&search=Screen+cap&category=desktop and you should find something you can work with.
Ante Bellum

Postby SnoringFrog » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:57 am

For either images or video capture (with microphone support if you want to narrate or w/e), I use Jing ( http://www.jingproject.com/ ). I've never had any problems with it. There is a paid version, but all that does is get rid of a logo and allow automatic uploads to a few different sites (other than the default screencast.com)
UC Pseudonym wrote:For a while I wasn't sure how to answer this, and then I thought "What would Batman do?" Excuse me while I find a warehouse with a skylight...
[SIZE="7"][color="MediumTurquoise"]Cobalt Figure 8[/color][/SIZE]
DeviantArt || Myspace || Facebook || Greasemonkey Scripts || Stylish Userstyles
SnoringFrog

Postby armeck » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:56 pm

http://www.hyperionics.com/hc/ it's called hypercam it's pretty good! version 2 is free now. it might have a little white thing at the top that saus "unregistered hypercam 2" but i don't think so, and if you get an unregistered version of 3 (from their website) it will say "unregistered hypercam 3" but it might be free, and yes that is legal, just try it you'll see what i'm talking about. it exports as .avi and has mike support and all that good stuff
Just some punk kid that likes techno music
armeck

Return to Computing and Links