Like Star Trek? Here is a podcast.

The geek forum. PHP, Perl, HTML, hardware questions etc.. it's all in here. Got a techie question? We'll sort you out. Ask your questions or post a link to your own site here!

Like Star Trek? Here is a podcast.

Postby Sheol777 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:21 am

Anything more nerdlinger then a Star Trek podcast?!

Yes...

A podcast about the red-headed stepchild of the ST property...
Deep Space Nine.

So we aren't the nitpickers of the trekkers and we are kinda funny, well we laugh at our own jokes anyhow.

If your interested here it is:

Site:
http://gammaquadrant.libsyn.com/

RSS:
http://gammaquadrant.libsyn.com/rss

Also in the iTunes store under The Gamma Quadrant
Image........... My Deep Space Nine Podcast ........... My Anime List...........
Sheol777

Postby Sheol777 » Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:31 pm

Show #3 is up.

We talk about:
Kira's hair
provocative Klingon clothing
Shakespeare

...thanks for checking us out guys.
Image........... My Deep Space Nine Podcast ........... My Anime List...........
Sheol777

Postby Sheol777 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:04 pm

Well, I seem to be talking to myself here.

Just to satisfy my curiosity. Has anyone here listened to (or care?) about a podcast that is about a ten year old show that is totally overshadowed by its other incarnations?

haha

Seriously folks I was just wondering if anyone here checked us out, and if so what do you think? Good and bad.

We are at episode 10 now, and rolling pretty strong. Just wanted to see if my crew here looked into it. I'll stop bumping if no one responds...

I know how annoying that can be.
Sheol777

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:42 pm

Hey, this is just a triple post. There are a lot of people who will go much, much longer. These things take time, of course. I only noted the thread yesterday and haven't had time to listen to any of the podcasts until now.

You guys do a good job of keeping the discussion going and providing a variety of interesting thoughts, which is always welcome (I am sharing the Ferangi hate when they serve as comic relief). I wish you well in this venture.

However, I have always been a Star Trek fan more in theory than in practice. I love the premise of a show where intelligence, science, and diplomacy are the deciding factors instead of firepower, and I've enjoyed characters from almost every series. But I've never actually watched a full season or series, and likewise, I don't think I would have time to listen to these regularly.
uc pseudonym

Postby Sheol777 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:51 pm

Why thank you.

Your interest is appreciated. The Ferengi thing comes up so much we put it in our promo.

Three posts not enough? Well thanks to your response I can bug these kind folks a little more.

I just didn't want this to be a thread where I bug people to the point of being annoying. Which would defeat the purpose of my promotion, because who would listen if I was seen as 'annoying' and not 'promoting'. (Some may say they are one in the same :) )
Sheol777

Postby ich1990 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:05 pm

I didn't see this thread until today. This is kind of a slow section of the 'Boards, so I don't think most members visit it very often.

Unfortunately, my experience with Star Trek is limited to a few youtube clips and a handful of episodes from the original series. Still, if I ever do take up watching Star Trek I will keep your podcast in mind.
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby Sheol777 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:30 am

*Totally shameless bump of my own thread*

Well we are well over a year in with a podcast every week. Nominated for a Parsec (like that means anything :shake: ), and about to hit season 4. It's the season where Worf shows up and Sisko shaves his head. Two monumental moments in television history.

Seriously though, if you like Deep Space Nine or just Star Trek in general, check us out. All shows are about a half hour long and we haven't missed a week yet.
Sheol777

Return to Computing and Links