Being real in front of family members

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

Postby Heartsthatburn » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:25 am

The same character you display in front of others is the same character you should display in your house… The trouble many of us run into as new believers is the judgmental eyes of family members who know our ugly past. When they know we’re trying to live right sometimes they’ll keep an extra eye on us to accuse us (like the devil) if we slip up. But this is where Mark 6:3,4 says, “[color="Blue"]Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him.4 But Jesus, said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, but in his own country, and among his own kin, and in his own house.[/color]â€
Move forward, no matter what...
Heartsthatburn

Postby TheMewster » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:07 am

Thanks! This is exactly what I needed! God bless you!
So the poor has hope, and injustice shuts her mouth. ~Job 5:16 WEB~
For you are my hope, Lord Yahweh; my confidence from my youth. ~Psalm 71:5 WEB~
TheMewster

Postby Nami » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:03 am

Ahh, that was wonderful. ^_^

I feel this way a lot. I try not let peoples comments hinder me anymore. Its annoying to get worked up over things people say/think about you. Because not everyone is going to like you, but Jesus will ALWAYS love you. ^_^ And guess what? That's what really matters.
[color="Red"][SIZE="3"]Swiftly Dissin' and never Missin'.
Yours Truly,
Sick of all the BSin'.[/SIZE][/color]
Nami

Location: Sitting in a tree, waiting for you. *sinister grin*

Postby Edward » Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:06 pm

Wow. That just gave me a new perspective on Matt. 10:37. I never thought of it that way. Thanks for the post.
Edward

Re: Being real in front of family members

Postby Heartsthatburn » Mon May 13, 2013 4:49 pm

Praise the Lord Edward, Nami and TheMewster. God bless you all! and all glory to our Savior Jesus Christ!
Heartsthatburn

Re: Being real in front of family members

Postby SierraLea » Wed May 22, 2013 3:15 pm

No matter what you do, you will offend someone. So, do your best to make sure the people who'se opinion you value the least are the ones who are offended. In a Jesus vs. Family relationship, I think you know which opinion is more valuable.
SierraLea

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth