So I just had a Major "Duh" moment...

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

So I just had a Major "Duh" moment...

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:29 pm

I've been reading in 1 Peter and 2 Peter during the past week. And today when I began 2 Peter I read a couple of verses that I wanted to share with you guys.

We've all probably read the Baptism of Jesus story in the Gospels: Matthew 3, Mark 1, Luke 3, and John 1:32....

But in 2 Peter 1:16-17 I realized something..

16We did not follow cleverly invented stories when we told you about the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but we were eyewitnesses of his majesty. 17For he received honor and glory from God the Father when the voice came to him from the Majestic Glory, saying, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased."[a] 18We ourselves heard this voice that came from heaven when we were with him on the sacred mountain.

The people actually HEARD God's voice! Like a real voice! That's... really amazing and I've never really thought of that before. I mean I've read those passages pretty much all my life ya know? And I've never realized that they could actually HEAR that.

I just thought that was pretty amazing. And then I also thought how I'd react if I suddenly heard God's voice loud and clear. I can tell you, I'D probably pass out... XD

BUT the thing is... God DOES talk to us...in a still small voice. If we just listen, and allow him to guide us. He knows what's best for us. And what our purpose is.

Sooo yah. I just thought I'd share my major "duh" moment. haha!

God Bless, Everyone!
~Kitchan
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby rocklobster » Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:10 am

Don't worry, CK. We all know God has a sense of humor. So just consider this God's little laugh.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Prince Asbel » Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:44 am

Hey, I had a duh moment some months ago on the supernatural claims of Christ in Mark when he healed the man lowered through the roof. It happens. And sometimes I am just majorley going "DUH! WHY THE HECK DIDN'T YOU THINK OF THAT?!?"
The greatest Christian manga of all time! http://gameplan.christianmanga.com/
Prince Asbel

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth