Favorite Biblical verse?

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

Favorite Biblical verse?

Postby rocklobster » Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:21 am

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
What about the rest of you?
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby 12praiseGOD » Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:02 am

Ah i keep forgetting what verse it is but this is how it goes.
"God is not distant and angry, but the complete expression of love" or something like that and there are so many more that that, I also like John 3:16-19 and many, many others!!!
[color="Red"]If GOD brings you to it, He will bring you through it.- unknown.[SIZE="3"][color="Magenta"][color="Red"][/color][/color][/SIZE]:angel:[/color]

[color="Lime"][color="Lime"]"GOD isn't sitting far away with a magnifying glass, but HE is an ever present GOD" -unknown :thumb:

-meaning he is with us all the time.[/color][/color]

[color="Magenta"]"If you don't trust your wings, you'll be caught in the mountain."-myself:angel:

meaning- "If you don't trust GOD, you'll be caught in the problem."- myself[/color]

[color="Red"]@)}[/color][color="YellowGreen"]-'-,[/color]

[color="Red"]"The farthest distance between a problem and a solution, is the distance between your knees and the floor."- unknown.[/color]
12praiseGOD

Postby ADXC » Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:52 am

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father which is in heaven." Matthew 5:16

That's actually my life verse as well.
ADXC

Postby Okami » Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:24 pm

Phillipians 4:13 is my lifeverse, and I'm pretty sure everyone knows why :)
~*~ Blessed to be Ryosuke's wife!
"We will be her church, the body of Christ coming alive to
meet her needs, to write love on her arms." ~ Jamie Tworkowski
Okami

Postby LadyRushia » Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:12 am

Okami wrote:Phillipians 4:13 is my lifeverse, and I'm pretty sure everyone knows why :)

I've got that verse hanging around my neck every day ^_~

I also like the verse in Matthew that's like "Don't worry about tomorrow because tomorrow will have it's own troubes." Something along those lines.
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby marcjames07 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:44 am

Read My Sig!!!

Jesus Christ is the Answer!!

My Deviant Art :thumb:
marcjames07

Postby jon_jinn » Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:28 pm

as my signature already says:
"Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith, and in purity."

1 Timothy 4:12
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Nate » Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:03 pm

Job 38:4 - Where were you when I laid the earth's foundation? Tell me, if you understand.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Gabriel 9.0 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:42 pm

I have far too many to list at once
Some of my favorite scriptures.

Psalm91
A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;
There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.

Hebrews 4-4
1Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
2For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
3For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
4For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.

James 4
Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Grieve, mourn and wail. Change your laughter to mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.

Revelation 22:14
Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
Gabriel 9.0

Postby Tyrel » Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:22 am

Well, I don't know if I really have a favorite.. at least.. inside the Bible..

If I had to choose one from a universally recognized canonical work, I would say that Isaiah 9:6-7, is my verse, or passage. It's my saving verse. Without it, I might very well not be a Christian.

Beautiful prophesy, which sticks out as sort of an odd case, or a unique example. Most, or all, of scriptural prophesies within the body of the Hebrew Scriptures, or Tenak, are dualistic, in that they have a directly pertinent contextually obvious application, and also act to foreshadow or signify something greater. This, however, strikes me as an anomaly, of sorts.. at least, within the Canon.

Perhaps it's simply my ignorance though. In any case, if I had to choose one, it would certainly be that one.
Tyrel

Postby Tyrel » Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:14 am

well, I don't know if I can pick one out, within the Bible... If I had to pick one passage within the universally recognized body of Canon, however, then it would probably be Isaiah 9:6-7!

This is a beautiful prophesy, and is my "saving verse", without which, I may not have become the Christian I am. This passage, however, seems to be a strange sort of anomaly, as far as Prophesies within the body of the Hebrew Scriptures, or Tenak, are concerned. See, Prophesies are generally dualistic in nature, having both an obviously direct, contextually pertinent application, and a foreshadowing or signifying deeper meaning. This prophesy, however, strikes me as oddly out of sync with the other prophesies within even the same book.

One way or another though, it is quite an interesting prophesy, which leaves little to be desired, quite frankly, from any other passages. It may well be the shortest passage to have contained the most amount of essential teaching in the whole Bible.

If I had to choose a passage within the Tenak, and New Testament Canon established as normative today, that one would probably be it.
Tyrel

Postby creed4 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:59 pm

Trust in the Lord with all Thine Heart Lead not on your own understanding in all your ways acknowledge Him and He Shall Direct your path
Provers 3:5 and 6
Tis No Fool to lose what he can not keep to gain what he can never lose.
What does it profit a man to gain the World yet lose his soul.
Choose Life that you Might live.
creed4

Postby bakura_fan » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:30 pm

" Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil,
for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."
Psalm 23:4 (NIV)
:angel:

[color=DeepSkyBlue] "He lives in you. He lives in me. [/color]He watches over everything we see.
Into the water. Into the truth. [color=Yellow][color=DeepSkyBlue]In your reflection, He lives in you." - He lives in you chorus[/color][/color]
"Slow, love, slow. Time's so fast. Now goes quickly, see Now it's past!
Soon will come, Soon will last. Wait." [color=Yellow]- Wait (sweeney todd) [/color]

[align=center]My art page.

[align=center]Married to swordguy
:hug:

[/align]
[/align]
bakura_fan

Postby Nate » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:57 pm

I also quite like Malachi 1:3. I won't post it here. But go look it up.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby GeneD » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:08 pm

Psalm 91:1-7 gets me through a lot of tough times. It's the first verse I learned because it ment something to me and not just for Sunday school or something. Also see my sig XD
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby ~darkelfgirl~ » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:22 pm

Oh--the one in my sig! That's my favorite ^^
[color=purple][font=Tahoma][color=royalblue]"But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint."--[/color]Isaiah 40:31
[/font]
[/color]
~darkelfgirl~

Postby 12praiseGOD » Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:44 pm

ahhh....*scratches head* there are too many. Well I like John 3:16 and the one that says GOD is my shelter, whom shall I fear.
[color="Red"]If GOD brings you to it, He will bring you through it.- unknown.[SIZE="3"][color="Magenta"][color="Red"][/color][/color][/SIZE]:angel:[/color]

[color="Lime"][color="Lime"]"GOD isn't sitting far away with a magnifying glass, but HE is an ever present GOD" -unknown :thumb:

-meaning he is with us all the time.[/color][/color]

[color="Magenta"]"If you don't trust your wings, you'll be caught in the mountain."-myself:angel:

meaning- "If you don't trust GOD, you'll be caught in the problem."- myself[/color]

[color="Red"]@)}[/color][color="YellowGreen"]-'-,[/color]

[color="Red"]"The farthest distance between a problem and a solution, is the distance between your knees and the floor."- unknown.[/color]
12praiseGOD

Postby sharien chan » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:29 pm

My favorite is from the book of Deuteronomy, and it jumped out at me right away one night. I'm not sure what version of the bible it is but it says "Do not fear or lose heart" I believe the NIV translates it as do not fear or be discouraged, which I don't like that version as much.
sharien chan

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth