Need help finding a good verse

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

Need help finding a good verse

Postby Nataku » Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:41 am

Ok well I wont go over the whole situation thats going on right now but I will say the main point.

Ok there's this guy manipulating a girl (my best friend) to be with him by constantly saying things like "What you just did confirms God wants us to be together?" "Because of this God wants us together" etc etc

Of course those are lies, the guy is supposedly called to be a pastor and he is also using that to influence the girl. Unfortunately she wont listen to my words even though Ive been with her through everything (shes pushing me away) so now Im seeking help and I know my other best friend told me there was a verse that proves his lying but I dont know where it is.

Can you guys help me? Prayers too would be nice :D

May you go in God's protection

:hug: I wuv u Kiary!!! :hug:
Nataku

Postby Doubleshadow » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:06 am

Deuteronomy 5:11
"You shall not misuse the name of the LORD your God, for the LORD will not hold anyone guiltless who misuses his name."

He is clearly misusing God's name to get in good with your friend. Abusing God's name, using its power for something so blatantly selfish and hurtful, that is, trying to get a grip on her heart and soul for just because he wants it do to his sense of entitlement, is despicable. He is knowingly causing her pain to satisfy himself. That is an unmistakable sign he is lying, because it is obvious the last person right now he is listening to is God. If what he was saying is even minutely true, she would feel it also.
If there is a better verse, I can find it right now.
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth