NaNoWriMo 2014

Unleash your creative writing skills here.

Re: NaNoWriMo 2014

Postby LastLfan » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:02 am

Finally hit 10000 yes!
LastLfan

Postby ClaecElric4God » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:19 am

My annoying filler stuff turned into actual substantial storyline as I was writing it. I'm so proud of myself. Okay, I'm gonna go pass out after that allnighter. Still can't keep up with that kid...
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby mechana2015 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:20 pm

ClaecElric4God wrote:My annoying filler stuff turned into actual substantial storyline as I was writing it. I'm so proud of myself. Okay, I'm gonna go pass out after that allnighter. Still can't keep up with that kid...

I love when that happens. Pulled off the same thing this year in the third scene I wrote.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Sheenar » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:18 am

I am still SO far behind. No progress since my last post. It's been a crazy week with PT and work and doctors and... I've been exhausted and not braining well. :(

I'm going to try, but not sure how things are going to go.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby mechana2015 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:03 am

It's ok sheenar, there's whole groups of Wrimos that write most of their novels in the last week or two. You've got time.

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:24 pm

Yeah, Sheena! You can still do it!

That moment when your MC does something incredibly stupid and you have to figure out how to get him out of the situation alive. Does anyone else have those moments when a scene is flowing so well that it feels like it's writing itself and then you're like "Oh wow, that happened" ?
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Postby Banana Lobster » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:37 pm

Sometimes I hate my brain. I struggle with procrastination, where I do other stuff until Mom says "Bedtime!" and then I have so much inspiration that I can write nonstop for at least another hour. Keeps getting me in trouble. :P
Banana Lobster

Postby Psycho Molos » Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:28 pm

(Forgot Scrivener had name generator and used it)
Last edited by Psycho Molos on Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Psycho Molos

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:35 pm

ClaecElric4God wrote:Yeah, Sheena! You can still do it!

That moment when your MC does something incredibly stupid and you have to figure out how to get him out of the situation alive. Does anyone else have those moments when a scene is flowing so well that it feels like it's writing itself and then you're like "Oh wow, that happened" ?

Yeah, and most of mine happens when I can't write any of it down.
Screw working for a living, I'm gonna get a job where I get paid $5 for every word I write out. That's how I'm gonna make my living.
if only... :hits_self
"Show me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." Psalm 25:4-5

"Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I am desolate and afflicted.
The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my distresses.
Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins.
Consider mine enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred.
O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.
Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.
Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles." Psalm 25: 16-22

Thank you. Have a good day.
Wolfsong

Postby teen4truth » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:35 pm

I decided not to do it....or more like I just never buckled down and decided to do it lol. I didn't have a concise enough outline and already have my blog and alternative blog to work on.

So instead I, T4T, do hereby pledge to write alongside my christian anime writers by doing at least one in each of my two blogs per week until the end of the year. Starting this week!

Good luck guys! It sounds like there are some cool ideas in here!
What's up? I'm an archaeologist, traveler, and Trekky.
I blog about my adventures as a traveler here:
http://unsettledvoyage.blogspot.com
I blog about my adventures as an alien hunting cowgirl in a parallel universe here:
http://alternatevoyage.blogspot.com
teen4truth

Postby LastLfan » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:20 pm

18049 just keep trucking along. Currently in my rising action phase, building towards a pretty important event, which in turns leads to the ousting of the main villain, which in turn unveils everything.
LastLfan

Postby mechana2015 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:06 am

I... Don't have a main villian yet.

I'll find one eventually... Hopefully before thanksgiving.

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby ClaecElric4God » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:32 am

mechana2015 wrote:I... Don't have a main villian yet.

I'll find one eventually... Hopefully before thanksgiving.

Yyyyyeah, you might want to do something about that. Hopefully he shows himself sooner than later.

I, on the other hand, have a really bad habit of making my main villain my MC's internal conflict with himself. Which never really ends well. This story is starting to head down that road, and I'm trying to gear away from that toward the main villain I already had planned out. Though this story decided to get really complicated in the last few scenes. Now I'm not even sure what's going on anymore.

ClaecElric4God

Postby mechana2015 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:48 am

Well the plan is s to write five charachters stories that start out separate, but mingle and eventually merge, resulting in a big final thing. I'll probably end up with a common thread I can pull on as I write to create a villian.

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby Oddood198 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:41 am

Well, it had to happen eventually: I missed an entire day of writing. I was at Youth Convenion aon Saturday and by the time I got back I was so wiped out I couldn't even think about writing. Got up to 36,000 yesterday, but now I'm hitting all manner of road blocks and speed bumps. *sigh* Well, no use in complaining, best get back down to it and force something to happen. If I'm not out by Thanksgiving, toss me a rope.
Oddood198

Postby ClaecElric4God » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:12 pm

Oddood198 wrote:Well, it had to happen eventually: I missed an entire day of writing. I was at Youth Convenion aon Saturday and by the time I got back I was so wiped out I couldn't even think about writing. Got up to 36,000 yesterday, but now I'm hitting all manner of road blocks and speed bumps. *sigh* Well, no use in complaining, best get back down to it and force something to happen. If I'm not out by Thanksgiving, toss me a rope.

Awwwwwwwww....
Don't worry Odd, I have lots of rope.

ClaecElric4God

Postby Wolfsong » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:39 pm

Oddood198 wrote:Well, it had to happen eventually: I missed an entire day of writing. I was at Youth Convenion aon Saturday and by the time I got back I was so wiped out I couldn't even think about writing. Got up to 36,000 yesterday, but now I'm hitting all manner of road blocks and speed bumps. *sigh* Well, no use in complaining, best get back down to it and force something to happen. If I'm not out by Thanksgiving, toss me a rope.

*throws Odd a rope with an anchor attached to it*
With any luck, that'll know you out, and give me a chance to catch up XD You cheaters...I have a job. So not fair :sniffle:
"Show me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." Psalm 25:4-5

O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.

Wolfsong

Postby LastLfan » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:08 pm

Just now hit 20000. Slow and steady wins the race we can do this you guys. One third of the way through the competition. This has been a huge blessing for me and a confidence booster. Today mean a lot to me because this is officially the longest thing I'be ever written in my life. The fact that I got here in less then two weeks is huge to me. So glad to be able to share in this experience with you guys. I talked to ,y literature teacher who, bless her heart, will be editing this bad boy, and she was really impressed and that's been the confidence boost AI needed to keep trucking.
LastLfan

Postby mechana2015 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:56 am

Starting to step on the gas now... sleep then write more... thats the plan for today.

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby KazeShiki » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:25 am

I'm not doing too well but still hanging in there. 15k at the end of the 11th, while starting the day at 12k. I guess I'm most concerned about the fact that I don't have that Thanksgiving break thing anymore and have to just power through with no holidays. I also don't have weekends to begin with so this is not fun.
"It was then that I found the darkness in my heart, but I wanted to become a strong person who didn't yield to such weakness." - Nana Mizuki
KazeShiki

Postby ClaecElric4God » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:44 pm

LastLfan wrote:Just now hit 20000. Slow and steady wins the race we can do this you guys. One third of the way through the competition. This has been a huge blessing for me and a confidence booster. Today mean a lot to me because this is officially the longest thing I'be ever written in my life. The fact that I got here in less then two weeks is huge to me. So glad to be able to share in this experience with you guys. I talked to ,y literature teacher who, bless her heart, will be editing this bad boy, and she was really impressed and that's been the confidence boost AI needed to keep trucking.

That's fantastic, L! Glad to hear this is such a blessing to you. Congrats, I'm really excited for you. Now you know I'm gonna bug you into letting me read it. :lol:
KazeShiki wrote:I'm not doing too well but still hanging in there. 15k at the end of the 11th, while starting the day at 12k. I guess I'm most concerned about the fact that I don't have that Thanksgiving break thing anymore and have to just power through with no holidays. I also don't have weekends to begin with so this is not fun.

I know the feeling, Kaze. I don't really have room to complain, but I got a bit of the same frustration when I learned I wouldn't be getting Veterans Day off like I'd hoped. I was sort of planning to plow through it writing. Fitting writing in between work and sleep is not fun.

ClaecElric4God

Postby mechana2015 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:25 am

And zoom. 5K in one day.

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby ClaecElric4God » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:45 am

Well, I was gonna go for a word-sprint today and try to catch up with my competition, but my work schedule decided to be stupider than usual, so I think I may have to admit defeat. It was a good run, but for the second year in a row, I'm left in the dust. I have a feeling my wordcount is going to plummet now. So stinkin' tired.

ClaecElric4God

Postby Oddood198 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:33 pm

Just broke 50,000 words. The last bit was pretty slow since I had some distractions in the room, but I did it. Feels good. Now I've just gotta wrap up all of this story and be done with it. This story that is picking up again and leading into probably some 15,000 more words of conflict and climax and resolution and all that happy stuff.

I want to sleep

Heeeeeeelp meeeeeeeee.
Oddood198

Postby ClaecElric4God » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:14 pm

Oddood198 wrote:I want to sleep

YOU want sleep? :eyebrow:
Heeeeeeelp meeeeeeeee.

Yeah, sure. I'll get right on that.

In all seriousness, though, congrats. You've done well, my young equine-hooded juvenile delinquent. And since I'm too stubborn for my own good and I'm a glutton for punishment...RACE TO FINISH THE NOVEL. (Cause I'm pretty sure mine's not gonna be 65k+)

ClaecElric4God

Postby Wolfsong » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:41 pm

Oddood198 wrote:Just broke 50,000 words. The last bit was pretty slow since I had some distractions in the room, but I did it. Feels good. Now I've just gotta wrap up all of this story and be done with it. This story that is picking up again and leading into probably some 15,000 more words of conflict and climax and resolution and all that happy stuff.

I want to sleep

Heeeeeeelp meeeeeeeee.

I'd help ya pal, but I've my hands full with myself. I don't know how much longer I can hold up....*snore*

Wolfsong

Postby LastLfan » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:06 pm

Been consistently churning out 2000 words a day, almost half day done, should finish the 25th.

Update: JUST HIT 25K I'M SO STINKING HAPPY RIGHT NOW, I CANT STOP SMILING.
LastLfan

Postby teen4truth » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:43 pm

You guys are amazing! I have never written as much as quickly as any of you right now lol
What's up? I'm an archaeologist, traveler, and Trekky.
I blog about my adventures as a traveler here:
http://unsettledvoyage.blogspot.com
I blog about my adventures as an alien hunting cowgirl in a parallel universe here:
http://alternatevoyage.blogspot.com
teen4truth

Postby Sheenar » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:30 am

I don't know how I'm going to do this or if I can. Still nothing but one sentence written. Have had a lot going on and haven't been able to focus to save my life.

I still hope to/plan on trying --but it's looking like my first NaNo may wind up being a fail.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:46 pm

At the risk of being discouraging, I finished my novel yesterday. I plan to rest today, then keep writing other projects to keep with the spirit of the challenge.
uc pseudonym

Previous Next

Return to Writing