NaNoWriMo 2014

Unleash your creative writing skills here.

NaNoWriMo 2014

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:16 pm

So I guess it's a tad early for this, but I'm itching for some discussion. Also, I need something to help me remember to actually work on this and not wait till the very last minute like last year.

So, who's all in on this? Have you got ideas, putting it off, winging it?

I personally have had an idea bouncing around my head for a few weeks now, but it's got more plotholes than Swiss cheese, and I'm too lazy to iron it out. I need to either do some major brainstorming to make this work or just ditch it altogether and get a new one.

Q, if you're out there lurking, know that I'm ready for you this year. And I won't have Japan to distract me, so you'd better watch yourself.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Re: NaNoWriMo 2014

Postby MomentOfInertia » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:19 pm

Na-na-na-na-na-na-nano-WRIMO!
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby Sheenar » Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:39 pm

I want to participate for the first time this year. No idea exactly how this works, but I would like to give it a shot. :)
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby mechana2015 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:02 am

ClaecElric4God wrote:So, who's all in on this? Have you got ideas, putting it off, winging it?

Im in, I have ideas and I'm ready to rumble.

*rubs hands*

And I'm gonna use the shovel

ClaecElric4God wrote:I personally have had an idea bouncing around my head for a few weeks now, but it's got more plotholes than Swiss cheese, and I'm too lazy to iron it out. I need to either do some major brainstorming to make this work or just ditch it altogether and get a new one.

Sounds perfect for nano.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby LastLfan » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:53 pm

This is my first Nano and I'm pumped, a steampunk story about a circus of orphans with a cult of alchemists and a clockwork wand, all told by a puppeteer, I'm so ready
LastLfan

Postby drill » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:36 pm

I've actually been wanting to do this since I heard about it last year. I didn't have enough time to participate back then though, but this time I probably will. Luckily, I have an idea already somewhat planned out.
drill

Postby Okami » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:50 pm

This will be the year I have to opt out. :(
Okami

Postby GeneD » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:22 am

Okami wrote:This will be the year I have to opt out. :(

Same here. I did Camp Nanowrimo in July (which didn't go particularly well) because I knew I wouldn't have time this Nov. Best of luck to everyone participating!
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby Lynna » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:42 am

I'm pretty torn up about it. On one hand, I have this AMAZING idea, and I'm going to plot it all out. But...I have a job. And an online course that I started really late on. So I am going to give it a shot, for sure, but I might have to quit after a week :( I would just call it off for a year, but I haven't done such a huge amount of writing since March, which is the longest I've gone without writing a lot in over a year. So, yeah.
I Believe in the Sun/Even when It's not shining/I belive in Love/Even When I Don't Feel it/And I Believe in God/Even when He is silent/And I, I Believe ---BarlowGirl
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators
DeviantArttumblrBeneath The Tangles
Avatar (lovingly) taken from The Silver Eye webcomic
Lynna

Postby Banana Lobster » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:31 pm

Going to give it a shot again this year, and see if I've worked out a plot long enough to last the whole month, haha.

Sheenar wrote:I want to participate for the first time this year. No idea exactly how this works, but I would like to give it a shot. :)

Here Sheenar, that should give you all the information you need. :)
Banana Lobster

Postby Sheenar » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:08 pm

Okami wrote:This will be the year I have to opt out. :(

Aw, but you have a perfectly legitimate excuse. :)

Banana Lobster wrote:
Sheenar wrote:I want to participate for the first time this year. No idea exactly how this works, but I would like to give it a shot. :)

Here Sheenar, that should give you all the information you need. :)

Already signed up for an account on the site a day or two ago --just am having a lot of trouble processing the info on the site right now. Bit confused on how to even start. I made my profile (well, part of it) --but that's it so far.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby ClaecElric4God » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:11 am

A week and two days left and I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. Yay for planning ahead!
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Postby Lynna » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:21 am

Sadly, I have gotten even farther behind in my schoolwork, and so I cannot do NaNo after all :( this is really disappointing, as I had so many epic plans. I will try to get back into writing every day, though. And I will cheer you guys on from the sidelines. Good luck, everyone!
I Believe in the Sun/Even when It's not shining/I belive in Love/Even When I Don't Feel it/And I Believe in God/Even when He is silent/And I, I Believe ---BarlowGirl
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators
DeviantArttumblrBeneath The Tangles
Avatar (lovingly) taken from The Silver Eye webcomic
Lynna

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:59 pm

I didn't plan to post here, but since you made the thread... yes, I'll be doing NaNoWriMo this year. I'm ahead at work and I've cleared out my schedule, so I expect it to be quite productive.
uc pseudonym

Postby teen4truth » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:51 am

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII SOOOOO WANNNNTTT TOOOOOOOOOOOO.

However, I'm not sure if I can carry through since I'm on a job right now. But then agian, hopefully I won't have a full month without a job until I start my MA next year. So really, it's not a valid excuse lol. But still....I'm afraid I won't be able to finish.

Somebody talk me into it?
teen4truth

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:52 pm

Come over to the dark side, teen. I'm told we have cookies, but all I can find is these broom handles. But seriously. What more could you want? You can do tons of fun stuff with broom handles.

That and if you don't do this you'll regret it for the rest of your life. The worst thing that can happen is not finishing. And I'm fairly certain there isn't a death penalty for that anymore. So you have hardly anything to lose. Just like...I dunno. A lot of time and energy. But it's totally worth it. Doooooooo iiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

(Fun fact: I participated in and completed NaNo while visiting Japan, dealing with jet lag, and actively participating in mission work last year. This year I'll be juggling this, studying Japanese, and working a 50 hour midnight shift job - and I intend to survive. You can do this.)

ClaecElric4God

Postby KazeShiki » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:19 am

Looks like I'm participating this year. I've done (and completed) it several times in the past, but it's been awhile. This is easily the least prepared I've been though, so no clue how it'll turn out.
"It was then that I found the darkness in my heart, but I wanted to become a strong person who didn't yield to such weakness." - Nana Mizuki
KazeShiki

Postby LastLfan » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:50 am

My first nano, plus a senior thesis. Should be interesting, leetstreet boys should help me get through this. Darn catchy songs, anywho only 2 days left
LastLfan

Postby ClaecElric4God » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:20 pm

Blagh. I'd planned to do some crash planning this week. This is the worst week to fall deathly ill. All I want to do is curl up and die right now. Hopefully I'll recover well enough to wing it.

ClaecElric4God

Postby mechana2015 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:49 am

Alright, the games afoot. Time to write like crazy people.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:54 am

At work right now, so writing's gonna have to wait.

ClaecElric4God

Postby LastLfan » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:09 am

At 570, this is gonna be rough
LastLfan

Postby KazeShiki » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:51 am

Just barely managed to clear the daily 1667 before midnight. I expect to fall behind tomorrow since I'll be out most of the day.
"It was then that I found the darkness in my heart, but I wanted to become a strong person who didn't yield to such weakness." - Nana Mizuki
KazeShiki

Postby Lynna » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:38 am

I have decided to loosly participate in NaNo. I'll just try to write something every day, no matter how small. That being said, I probably won't get anything done today, and it still makes me sad that I'm not actually doing it :(
Lynna

Postby Banana Lobster » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:27 pm

Good luck to everyone participating, I hope you all reach your goals! ^^/
Banana Lobster

Postby Sheenar » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:57 am

Bah. Still only have my title page done. Planned to write yesterday, then crashed dead asleep for 5ish hours after lunch when I got home from church.

I'm hoping to get into momentum soon.

Sheenar

Postby ClaecElric4God » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:19 pm

Yay! Even without Q, I still have a writing buddy giving me a run for my money. Accidentally slept ALL DAY and only left myself about two hours to write. Was up writing a good bit of last night, though. Trying to push through this part of my story where I really don't know what I'm doing so I can get to the part where I do. And I've never done so poorly at character development in all my life.

ClaecElric4God

Postby Wolfsong » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:13 pm

Well, jumped in, thanks to two very good friends of mine. And so, to repay their kindness, I'm going to totally kick their sorry butts in wordwriting.
Here we go XD
"Show me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." Psalm 25:4-5

"Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I am desolate and afflicted.
The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my distresses.
Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins.
Consider mine enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred.
O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.
Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.
Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles." Psalm 25: 16-22

Thank you. Have a good day.
Wolfsong

Postby LastLfan » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:52 pm

HOW HOW ARE YOU PEOPLE AT 10000, im only at 8150 and almost an entire day ahead. My parents think I've gone crazy though, and that I'm an overachiever, and lacking sleep, all of which are very very true. Good luck to everyone and dang cece you write fast. Also, I've finally got a general sense of where the plot is going :)
LastLfan

Postby Oddood198 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:19 pm

Phew. Just finished my writing for day five, and it was intense. Made it to 20,000 words, though, so that's good. It may not be my best work, but it's not supposed to be. It's Nano. I only got a few thousand words in last year before giving up without giving up (telling myself the whole month that I could get caught up, while knowing darn well I couldn't), but I'm definitely more committed this year. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go put some ice on my fingers.

Also, hey, Wolfy joined! Please, don't surpass me too much. I'm starting to feel good about this, but if you blow past me with this late of a start, I'm gonna cry.
Oddood198

Next

Return to Writing