Ruiner

Unleash your creative writing skills here.

Ruiner

Postby snowcatgrlX7 » Fri May 02, 2014 4:53 pm

"What?" I asked, staring straight into his black eyes.
"You know exactly "what"", he replied, with exasperation in his tone.
"Look, I'm sorry, okay? I know what I did was wrong, but you're supposed to forgive and forget, right?" I asked him, hopefully. He stared at me with an angry expression, but his face also showed that he was hurt. I was really starting to regret doing what I did...
"Forgive, yes. But forget? No," he replied with a sigh. "Cynthia? I know you don't want to hear this but, I think it's about time we broke up," he said, sadly. Those words cut through me like a knife. I was paralyzed by them, and I couldn't even manage to utter out any words. Break up? After all we'd been through, he wanted to break up? After a few minutes of silence, I finally spoke up.
"Break up? Sylvester, do you even recall how far we've came from where started? We've learned more about each other, we've done so many things together, we've even cuddled during cold nights... is that all irrelevant to you? Do you even care?" I asked him. I still couldn't believe it.
"Of course I remember! And of course I care. But Cynthia, you know exactly what you did. Do you even realize how that made me feel? Are you aware of the fact that my heart sank when I found out? I really liked you. I thought you were different. Now, I see how you really are. The love I had for you has faded," he said to me, coldly. I almost cried. His voice was so cruel and heartless... I'd never heard him talk that way before.
"I'm sorry, alright? I-I really am! I know I shouldn't have done it, but I'm sorry now. I know I hurt you, but please stay with me. I'll be so lonely..." I said, crying.
"I can't stay with someone who flirts with other guys behind my back. You're on your own, Cynth," he said, ignoring my tears. He started to walk away but I grabbed onto his coat.
"P-please, don't l- leave me! The loneliness... t-the countless nights of being on my own... I-I don't want to live through that again! Syl, don't leave! Please... d-don't," I said, my tears staining my coat. Sylvester gently removed my hands from his coat and walked away without a word. I was left in the empty parking lot, in shock and deeply saddened. I felt a feeling I'd never felt before: heartbreak. A flood of overwhelming sadness washed over me and I collapsed onto the cold asphalt, sobbing and sniffing repeatedly. I was now lonely again. I had been trying to avoid loneliness for a long time. But now that feeling was back and it hurt me. It was as if things were falling apart again just as they had before. I had ruined a good relationship with my flirtatious attitude and now, I had to pay the price. Still, the burden of my consequences felt like too much to bear.
Why?

Why did I have to ruin everything...
Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
Psalms 23:4
snowcatgrlX7

Re: Ruiner

Postby TheAlbinoMoose » Tue May 27, 2014 1:21 pm

I like the meaning of it - how you don't appreciate what you have til it's gone. This character obviously feels inferior and alone, which is why she craves attention so much that one guy isn't enough. I think that this would be a good beginning of a story. The main girl could go through a lot of character development, which is a good thing. ^_^ nicely done.
Do you see this gorgeous creature?
That graceful profile. Those striking eyes. Behold the albino moose.
A wise man once said, "you can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose. But you can't pick your friend's nose."
TheAlbinoMoose

Re: Ruiner

Postby snowcatgrlX7 » Wed May 28, 2014 2:40 pm

TheAlbinoMoose wrote:I like the meaning of it - how you don't appreciate what you have til it's gone. This character obviously feels inferior and alone, which is why she craves attention so much that one guy isn't enough. I think that this would be a good beginning of a story. The main girl could go through a lot of character development, which is a good thing. ^_^ nicely done.

Thanks lol
Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
Psalms 23:4
snowcatgrlX7

Return to Writing