Camp Nano?

Unleash your creative writing skills here.

Camp Nano?

Postby SailorDove » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:56 pm

Anyone here going to be doing the Camp Nano challenge too?
http://campnanowrimo.org

Did the Nov. one last year and was able to hash out 4 chapters for my Fanfic. Anyone else working on Fanfiction, (especially an OC)?
SailorDove

Re: Camp Nano?

Postby Banana Lobster » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:49 pm

I've gotten emails for Camp NaNoWriMo, but I haven't checked it out yet. What kind of challenge is it? (I can't get past the login page)
Banana Lobster

Postby Lynna » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:59 pm

I considered it, but I've been too busy writing and revising a novella for school, which has been interesting on its own, and not unlike NaNoWriMo.
Lynna

Postby Psycho Molos » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:53 pm

Banana Lobster wrote:I've gotten emails for Camp NaNoWriMo, but I haven't checked it out yet. What kind of challenge is it? (I can't get past the login page)

It's like NaNo but you ca set your own word count goal...
Psycho Molos

Postby Banana Lobster » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:13 pm

Psycho Molos wrote:It's like NaNo but you ca set your own word count goal...

Sounds like the Young Writers Program, which is what I've signed up for. I tend to procrastinate, so I would have a lot of trouble keeping up with the usual 50,000 word count. I've been trying to break the habit, or at least not do it as much, but until then, I think it would be better to stick to the YWP.
Banana Lobster

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:43 pm

I'm considering it. I have a book draft I want to get done this summer but still need to plan, so this could work very nicely for me.
Banana Lobster wrote:
Psycho Molos wrote:It's like NaNo but you ca set your own word count goal...

Sounds like the Young Writers Program, which is what I've signed up for. I tend to procrastinate, so I would have a lot of trouble keeping up with the usual 50,000 word count. I've been trying to break the habit, or at least not do it as much, but until then, I think it would be better to stick to the YWP.

YWP is for the usual November event, though. Camp NaNo is done at other times during the year. The July session is coming up (hence the thread), and I think there's another one during some other month. It's basically there for people who just couldn't manage NaNoWriMo and want to set their own pace at a more convenient time.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby Lynna » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:13 pm

Hehe, I forgot we were talking about the one in July, instead of the one that happened in April. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to do that either. I'm going to be doing a French Immersion program in Quebec, and will likely be too busy, not to mention the fact that I'm not allowed to speak English, so I think writing so much in English would be counter-productive.
Lynna

Postby Psycho Molos » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:32 pm

Lynna wrote:Hehe, I forgot we were talking about the one in July, instead of the one that happened in April. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to do that either. I'm going to be doing a French Immersion program in Quebec, and will likely be too busy, not to mention the fact that I'm not allowed to speak English, so I think writing so much in English would be counter-productive.

Bonjour! C'est magnifique!

Voules vous couches....oh wait...nvm! Lol!
Psycho Molos

Postby Lynna » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:21 pm

Psycho Molos wrote:
Lynna wrote:Hehe, I forgot we were talking about the one in July, instead of the one that happened in April. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to do that either. I'm going to be doing a French Immersion program in Quebec, and will likely be too busy, not to mention the fact that I'm not allowed to speak English, so I think writing so much in English would be counter-productive.

Bonjour! C'est magnifique!

Voules vous couches....oh wait...nvm! Lol!

Fantastique. Maintenant, tu as tué la conversation :P

Your spelling is off, but that's enough French. Let's not derail the subject.
Lynna

Return to Writing