Character creation...

Unleash your creative writing skills here.

Character creation...

Postby Scarecrow » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:36 am

I'm not sure where this should go... but anyway, anyone who feels like it, create a quick super hero character and post it here. Just a quick description. Male, female, it's name, it's super power, it's main weapon, where they come from (the moon, the sea, whatever) and it's personality. Gotta be a hero too... not a villain. Don't describe it's look, or what it wears... can be as random as you like.

Reason? I like to sketch but tend to think about the process to hard and create a nice writers block. And I just want practice at being able to take someone else's idea and actually be able to draw a character based on information given to me... practice my sketching without looking at or being inspired by other super heros. I'll pick the most interesting one and sketch it out... head shot and an action shot (not that that is any great honor lol... I'm maybe average at best but I'm trying which is why I wanted to do this and this seemed like a fun way to generate ideas and then get peoples opinions on how I interpreted the idea and their thoughts on it). Just a sketch... no inking or color.

And btw it'll probably be a good week before I can work on it though... so post ideas. Don't care how crazy...
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby Lynna » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:45 pm

Okay, I'll just do this off of the top of my head :
Name: Callia
Gander:Female
Super Power: Telekinises and Invisibility
Main weapon: A Spear
Comes From: The Ocean
Personality: Is quiet and sweet, but tends too lose her temper quickly. She has a scar on her left cheek. She loves to help people who are in trouble.
I Believe in the Sun/Even when It's not shining/I belive in Love/Even When I Don't Feel it/And I Believe in God/Even when He is silent/And I, I Believe ---BarlowGirl
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators
DeviantArttumblrBeneath The Tangles
Avatar (lovingly) taken from The Silver Eye webcomic
Lynna

Postby Atria35 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:17 pm

Heh, why not?

Kree
Super power: Supersonic sound waves
Main weapon: A dagger
Comes from: The Andromeda galaxy
Personality: A fun person to be around at parties, but that party personality doesn't translate well to one-on-one relationships. Loves to speak in metaphores and hyperboles.
Atria35

Postby rocklobster » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:27 am

Name: Phaeton
Super Power: Manipulates fire (kinda like Pyro from the X-men. He can make it take on shapes, like phoenixes and such)
Costume: Wears the armor that Trojans wore.
Weapons: Sword made of solar energy. Shield that can create force field.
Origin: Is the son of the Greek god Apollo.
Personality: He's the action-oriented type. Doesn't speak much, because he knows that puts his foes at a disadvantage when they're too busy avoiding his attacks.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Edward » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:18 pm

Name: Superguy
Powers: Flight, super strength and laser eyes. And invulnerability. His one and only weakness is cheeseburgers.
Weapons: He uses his bare hands
Origin: Was thrown in a trash can as a high school freshman, developed superpowers from the toxic waste (cafeteria food) inside
Personality: The typical hero
[thread=43825]MOES[/thread] One sig to rule them all. One sig to find them. One sig to bring them all, and in 250 px or less bind them. In the land of Mordor, where the sigs do not scroll.

Real men don't sparkle, real men defeat dark wizards.

"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."

chatbot 07:24 - Edward asks, do you ever give relevant answers chatty?
My answer: No
Edward

Postby Blacklight » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:21 pm

Are details allowed to be based on inside jokes from people in the real world whom I know?

If so,
Name: Ellen (The Vapor)
Superpower: Invisibility, telepathy
Weapons: Long chain and a dagger.
Often shows up when completely unexpected, hides in dark corners, can disappear without a trace, unintentionally scares young children, is an eccentric girl who goes for walks late at night during rain or a full moon, wears a long black coat during the summer, and, believe it or not, is a good guy.

(References everywhere...)
[color="Blue"]@)[/color][color="Green"]}~`,~[/color]
[font="Book Antiqua"][color="DeepSkyBlue"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/color][/font]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[color="Pink"]chatbot 03:36 - Blacklight asks, are you sane?
My answer: It's hard to say, really.[/color]
Blacklight

Postby ABlipinTime » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:47 pm

hm... Lemme see...

Name: Relielar
Gender: half child (gender unknown; just has to be cute) / half frozen-particle manifestation (robot-like appearance).
Super-power: Morphing space and time.
Weapon: Heisenberg Inverter.
Origin: The Brain of the Tenth Dimension.
Description: Soft, quiet, calm, but very sensitive. Is easily offended and becomes sad but never angry. Outbursts are from sadness and perhaps appear as anger. Seeks no friends but feels lonely without them.

Great, I don't have time but now I want to write a story about it. :-/
- God is always with us, especially when we feel most alone.
http://ablipintime.deviantart.com/
Htom Sirveaux (post: 1435089) - "We should all start speaking telepathically."
Midori (post: 1457302) "Sometimes, if I try hard, I can speak in English."
(post: 1481465) "Overthinking is an art."
Goldenspines - "Fighting the bad guys and rescuing princesses from trolls and all that. "
ABlipinTime

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:59 pm

Blacklight (post: 1456436) wrote:Often shows up when completely unexpected, hides in dark corners, can disappear without a trace, unintentionally scares young children, is an eccentric girl who goes for walks late at night during rain or a full moon, wears a long black coat during the summer, and, believe it or not, is a good guy.

...I like this girl. A lot.
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby Scarecrow » Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:46 am

Thanks guys ^_^ This has given me lots of ideas... now I have something to keep me busy this weekend :D This should be fun.
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby Adorima » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:58 pm

Are these still open?
If you're answer is in the affirmative:

Sex: Male
Name: Wyres
Superpower: Echolocation
Main weapon: Bow and Arrow
Where they come from: An jungle-like hostile planet called Areina
Personality: Humorous, and seemingly good-natured. Likes to help, but a drifter and doesn't want to show the more serious part of himself which is always on guard and calculating about how to kill any potential threats to his vendetta.
Adorima

Postby AdriTan » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:35 pm

Name: Rianu
Power: Telepathy, constant flight
Main weapon: Mace/ax type thing
Origin: a planet with no land only water and sky called Aquarionous
Personality: sweet, but not always sweet. is afraid of her power but never ashamed, and is very generous as long as you don't get her too upset by thinking something stupid
Love Momma Flower @}~~,~
AdriTan

Re: Character creation...

Postby SierraLea » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:03 pm

Name: Thalia
Gander: Female
Super Power: Wings and Firebreath
Main weapon: Thowing knives
Comes From: Suburbia
Personality: Extremely shy, only comes out at night. She is dead scared of people finding out about her, but has a streak of justice and often defends people from night prowlers, although she remains unseen.

Can I do more than one?
SierraLea

Postby Koneko-chan » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:01 pm

Name: Calisto
Super Power: Manipulates shadows and Supersonic scream
Main weapon: Two axes
Comes from: Marlona
Personality: Petulant, she get's lonely very easy despite her childish nature, she's charming in a loud way,
when her loved ones are on the line, she'll do just about anything to save them.

(I tried to not make her Mary-Sue, I hope I did okay ^^)
"I believe...I want to live my life, carrying my memories with me. Even if those memories are painful, even if those memories do nothing but hurt me...Even those memories I wish I could forget...As long as I keep carrying them with me and don't run away from them. Someday...Someday, I believe I will get to the point where I'm not oppressed by those memories. That's what I want to believe. I'd like to think that there's not a single memory that I have which would be okay to forget." -Momiji Sohma - Fruits Basket

You are forgiven. Always and completely forgiven. - The 11th Doctor
No matter how small the problem is, how small the thing is, it will always effect the people around you. - Yuko Ichihara - XXXHolic
Total Grell fangirl. :3 <3
Koneko-chan

Postby Banana Lobster » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:33 pm

Name: Saaris
Powers: Super-speed
Origin: The ocean
Personality: Saaris tends to be quite stubborn, but she is a very kind and gentle person at heart
Banana Lobster

Postby Cheetah » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:38 am

Name: Shade
Powers: Heightened senses and reflexes, intangibility, phasing and partial invisibility(Basically you can see him, but he can make it so you don't notice him)
Origin: Unknown, he was discovered by a crime organization
Personality: Ex-villain curious about Christianity. Mischievous in nature. Doesn't even try to make friends but if anyone else makes an effort he is fiercely loyal. He doesn't really understand how to socialize. He's very cocky.

I better stop now, or I'll write a whole book outline right now.
Cheetah

Postby MarcusMode » Wed May 08, 2013 6:23 am

Name:Kygoruki Sasumodae Gender:Male Power:Kaibone-aruu Location:2013 years after the second apocolypse of the world we stand on,Where humands have powers called Kaibone-Aruu that are seperated by energy tribes,That means that their bone structures are a cristal like material that normal humans cant break,In this time is when they are made as Kaibo humans.
MarcusMode

Postby SierraLea » Wed May 08, 2013 7:09 am

Here's a character I actually used in a story!
Name: Elyod (It's the reverse of Doyle, the Homes writer. I used her in a murder mystery)
Powers: Good deductive reasoning, notices small details like chapped lips on a victim.
Origin: North America, Suburbia.
Personality: a little fun, but serious when it's time to go to work. Very protective of her younger sister.

YOu can put her in a uniform if you want to, but detectives usually don't wear them.

Here's one from a Naruto Fan Fic I WILL write someday.

Name: Misa
Powers: no Ninjutsu, but is the best at the basics like speed, stealth, and endurance. Can also use her orange fur as camoflague. (She's Naruto's sister, so she got orange fur instead of whisker marks.)
Origin: Konoha
Personality: Very open hearted and understanding, with a sassy wild side.
SierraLea

Postby SierraLea » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:11 pm

Are you going to post your drawings?
SierraLea

Postby Cc4FuzzyHuggles » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:34 am

Scarecrow wrote:Anyone who feels like it, create a quick super hero character and post it here. Just a quick description. Male, female, it's name, it's super power, it's main weapon, where they come from (the moon, the sea, whatever) and it's personality. Gotta be a hero too... not a villain. Don't describe it's look, or what it wears... can be as random as you like.

Reason? I like to sketch but tend to think about the process to hard and create a nice writers block. And I just want practice at being able to take someone else's idea and actually be able to draw a character based on information given to me... practice my sketching without looking at or being inspired by other super heros. I'll pick the most interesting one and sketch it out... head shot and an action shot (not that that is any great honor lol... I'm maybe average at best but I'm trying which is why I wanted to do this and this seemed like a fun way to generate ideas and then get peoples opinions on how I interpreted the idea and their thoughts on it). Just a sketch... no inking or color.
Post ideas. Don't care how crazy...

Ok, OP's last post on this thread is a bit old, so not sure where they are. However, I still think this is a fun thread. So, I thought I'd randomly jump in here and share my hero! This is actually a character from my real story, but hey, I throw pieces and glimpses of my story all over the place, so meh~, I might as well do it here too lol.

Why are my hero's powers different? Because, it's not magic and it's not whatever everyone else uses for glowy super powers.

Where she is from : This is important, as her world plays a big part in her powers. She is from Epis. Epis' logic and physics are very mysterious and different than ours with made-up unexplainable sciences, which eventually root back to God being the world's Great Overseer. In Epis, almost everything is magnetic, literally, water and wood included thanks to elemental magnetic molecules.

The Hero, Mia : Mia is the main character and is a shy, timid, but sweet and cute girl.

Her Powers/Strong Points : Mia has glowing magnetic powers, as she herself is magnetic. Her magnetic powers give her the ability to control and bend various other special magnetic molecules. She can also compress them into solids, making it so she can form different things or objects.

Her Weapon choice : Mia's main weapon is her magnetic ability, which has multiple uses. Such as, reflective barriers, orbs of light, blinding flashes of light, and more.

Her weakness : The only down fall is she struggles to control her magnetic abilities. All her powers are at risk to erupt from her. The only way to control her abilities is she has to have her special magnetic accessory which holds special magnetic stones.

I would go into saying more about her powers, but I'd be telling you the story if I went into all her powers, capabilities, and deeper details. Things that are of weird worlds aren't easy to explain in mini terms. lol. Besides, the OP said quick, I think I've definitely already gone over my limit of "short" XD

To anyone who is interested, feel free to branch off of any ideas, heroes, or powers I mentioned above. The idea of strange sciences of alternate dimension worlds in order to have cool super powers, which hopefully credit God in some way, such as God created matter, matter is science, and do not include evil spirits, is totally open to all. I only ask that you make up you're own naming, as Epis is my unique aspect. Thanks! ^.^
Luke 10:25-27 Mark 12:28-34 Matthew 22 Deuteronomy 6:4-5 Deuteronomy 10:12
“Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.”
No one is perfect, but by one prayer at a time, and one step at a time, God can make our paths straight.
Proverbs 3:6 "In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight."
Cc4FuzzyHuggles

Location: I live wherever the Lord leads me. (currently in an apartment with my sweet cat.)

Postby Chronicler1701 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:25 pm

Name: Freeze
Power: Command over Cold; Can turn himself into a huge blizzard when angry; Can shed human form to show true self
Main Weapon: Chill
Origin: Heaven; created with the other ten Spirits before any other creatures
Personality: Cold, aloof. Hates Lucifer and his angels beyond reason.
Thank You, Jesus, for everything You've given me.

His Love is deep, His Love is wide
And it covers us.
His Love is fierce, His Love is strong
It is furious.
His Love is sweet, His Love is wild,
And it's waking hearts to life.

Current astronomical equipment:
Telescope: Meade ETX-90(pending repair)
Eyepieces: Meade Series 4000 26mm Super Plössl

Elements:
Water
Electricity
Heat
Cold
Wind
Magnetism
Time

Forces:
Strength
Speed
Beasts

And, finally:
All

Ed, Edd n Eddy is awesome!
Best Pokémon, ever: Deoxys
Favorite Fairy Tail Guild member and supporting character: Erza Scarlet and Loke. They're both willing to sacrifice everything they've got to protect those they hold dear.

Revelation 2:17
“He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes I will give some of the hidden manna to eat. And I will give him a white stone, and on the stone a new name written which no one knows except him who receives it.” (NKJV)
Chronicler1701

Location: In the Royal City of Edolas, researching new techniques of building vehicles.

Postby DecooPunk » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:00 am

This is the perfect place to post something about this character that just won't leave me alone yet doesn't make sense in anyway whatsoever! :D
Name: Erin
Super power: Really athletic and has a very high I.Q.
Main weapon: Basically she has this stick thats colapsible and is full of gadgets and stuff so she can wack people with it or shoot this and stuff
Comes from: A city
Personality: Bothered by stupid people, happy most of the time when she is with people she likes but is shy and doesn't like having to interact with people she doesn't know so she just belittles them and is annoying. Basically she is a troll (just kidding about that last part)
Hair: orange, goes down to her hips but she wears it in a ponytail.
Eyes: dark green
skin: almost olive but a little lighter
clothes: long dark green jacket that goes down to just below her knees, black pants, big dark green boots, black shirt, gloves that are probably black, black mask

EDIT: Just realized this was from like a year ago *major face palm*
DecooPunk

Return to Writing