Character Name Ideas

Unleash your creative writing skills here.

Character Name Ideas

Postby Seto_Sora » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:05 pm

I need help, yes, as a writer. Currently, I am trying to compose a manga storyline set in a steam punk universe. However, I am lacking in names for some of my villains. The idea is I have a ring of 7 super-villains. These aren't small fries either. They are elite warriors and they are symbols of death for a super evil syndicate. So each of their names are supposed to be of a visage of death. So far, I have #2 The Reaper, #3 Wraith, #4 The Ripper, and #6 The Headless Horseman (this character is so much fun! I hope to show y'all someday! Meybe my bro will illustrate him for y'all! ^_^). So that leaves #1, #5, and #7. So can anyone help me with some character names? I'd appreciate any help. Thanks! ^_^
This

Seto_Sora

Postby Ante Bellum » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:24 pm

Geist (I think it means ghost, so maybe?)
Grave
Vulture (Since it's a carrion bird?)
I can't think of any more, I'm bad with names. ^_^;
Ante Bellum

Postby OfficerSting » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:35 pm

Perhaps some of these...

Psychopomp
Charon
Anubis
Horus
Neith
Hermes
"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." [SIZE="2"]Romans 8:38-39 (NIV)[/SIZE]
OfficerSting

Postby samurai10 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:27 pm

Hellion
Hermedio

that's all i can come up with right now XD they stink, don't they?
"I'm on Aslan's side even if there isn't any Aslan to lead it. I'm going to live as like a Narnian as I can even if there isn't any Narnia." ~The Silver Chair

"You can close your eyes to the things you don't want to see, but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel." ~Johnny Depp

"MOES! Sign up and sig down!"

[color="Red"]@)[/color][color="SeaGreen"]}~`,~ [/color]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Sami-The warrior pokemon

This pokemon is stout in stature, but extremely loyal. it's head and ears make the shape of a samurai helmet. the scales from said helmet can be pulled out and used as kunai.
samurai10

Location: You're crazy if you think I'll tell you where I live.

Postby LadyRushia » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:53 pm

Try other languages or names of mythological characters. That might give you something.
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby ShiroiHikari » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:59 pm

LadyRushia (post: 1447145) wrote:Try other languages or names of mythological characters. That might give you something.

This is what I was going to say.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Atria35 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:29 am

Oblivion
Tomb
Necrosis (I just have always liked this word in relation to death)
Mortis (like Rigor Mortis)
Atria35

Postby Davidizer13 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:47 am

Tartarus
Charybdis (a personal favorite of mine)
Schwarzgeist (means black ghost in German)

Hm, I thought I had more than that... Anyway, if all else fails, you could use names of death metal bands or something. (Speaking of death and metal(loids), how about Arsenic for a name?)
We are loved even though we suck.

Psalms 37:37 (NHEB)
Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby Ally-Ann » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:29 am

Daemn. (Yes, the e is there on purpose.) Latin for "Demon". I used it in one of my stories, but that story was a fail. :sniffle:
[color="Lime"]My Fictionpress account[/color]! http://www.fictionpress.com/u/740837/Ally-Ann

[color="Yellow"]My Fanfiction account[/color]! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2401061/ArmyAngel316

My nicknames! [color="Pink"]~*[/color][color="palegreen"]Ally[/color][color="pink"]*~[/color] [color="white"](>[/color][color="Cyan"]Mochi-chan[/color][color="White"]<)[/color]

I like mochi. ^^

I question my [color="DarkOrchid"]sanity[/color]. (._.)

Operation: Blackout
Ally-Ann

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:09 pm

Perhaps "Revenant"?

LadyRushia (post: 1447145) wrote:Try other languages or names of mythological characters. That might give you something.

An excellent idea.
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby Seto_Sora » Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:59 pm

What wonderful ideas!!! Thank you all! This has really helped me alot, also in character development! And would you believe it!? I decided on Ante's suggestion of "Grave" as a name for one of my heroes even!!! XD What about the name, Rev. Matthew Graves!? :D I love it!
And the idea of stepping into other cultures has been entertaining my mind. I was also fascinated by the Latin idea. Hmmm... this gives me so much to think about. Thank you all so much! I love all the ideas. I am not sure what I will use yet, but I thank you so much! ^_^
This

Seto_Sora

Return to Writing