You write fanfiction?

Unleash your creative writing skills here.

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:17 am

BTW, much of f-net, forums especially, is EXTREMELY Christian-hostile. Atheist seem to feel they have to silence us by any means possible.

I tried to look up non-yaoi communities; couldn't find any. Am I doing it wrong?
Fics an' pics from the Royal Otaku-ness of Squee

Heart of Sock!

"Those who never know a sleepless night cannot become strong; that is the rule."
Sailor Kenshin

Postby AnimeGirl » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:53 am

Sailor Kenshin (post: 1384901) wrote:But, BTW---CCS is one of my all-time favorite series.

Then you'll probably hate me since I am a fan of the English dub. XD!!!!
"For what use is there in praying if you will only hear what you want to hear." - As I Lay Dying *The Sound Of Truth*

Let's make an AMV together!

Kokoro no Uta The thoughts of an aspiring mangaka (yeah...this is my blog >.>)

Ooh look! I have fanfiction! YAY!!!!!!!
http://www.fanfiction.net/~sevencandlesticks
If you like Tsubasa and Cardcaptors, then you might like what I've written (if I didn't slaughter the series... XD)

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds - Pslam 147:3
AnimeGirl

Postby SnoringFrog » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:27 am

I used to write pokemon fanfiction, still have a ton of ideas laying around for different stories, just never bother to write them anymore.
UC Pseudonym wrote:For a while I wasn't sure how to answer this, and then I thought "What would Batman do?" Excuse me while I find a warehouse with a skylight...
[SIZE="7"][color="MediumTurquoise"]Cobalt Figure 8[/color][/SIZE]
DeviantArt || Myspace || Facebook || Greasemonkey Scripts || Stylish Userstyles
SnoringFrog

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:46 am

AnimeGirl (post: 1386134) wrote:Then you'll probably hate me since I am a fan of the English dub. XD!!!!

Naah, I'd need a MUCH better reason to hate you! ;)

Heart of Sock!

"Those who never know a sleepless night cannot become strong; that is the rule."
Sailor Kenshin

Postby AnimeGirl » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:41 pm

[quote="Sailor Kenshin (post: 1386324)"]Naah, I'd need a MUCH better reason to hate you! ]

Well, OK. XD!!
"For what use is there in praying if you will only hear what you want to hear." - As I Lay Dying *The Sound Of Truth*

Let's make an AMV together!

Kokoro no Uta The thoughts of an aspiring mangaka (yeah...this is my blog >.>)

Ooh look! I have fanfiction! YAY!!!!!!!
http://www.fanfiction.net/~sevencandlesticks
If you like Tsubasa and Cardcaptors, then you might like what I've written (if I didn't slaughter the series... XD)

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds - Pslam 147:3
AnimeGirl

Postby Atria35 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:02 pm

[quote="Sailor Kenshin (post: 1386107)"]BTW, much of f-net, forums especially, is EXTREMELY Christian-hostile. Atheist seem to feel they have to silence us by any means possible.

I tried to look up non-yaoi communities]

I think you might be doing it wrong- I can find plenty of non-yaoi communities on there. If you're searching specifically for 'non-yaoi', you probably aren't going to find anything- they seem to be centered more on specific pairings than anything.... are you going to specific communities or just general ones?

BTW- I just feel the need to point this out here, but atheists aren't the only ones that put out yaoi fanfiction. You'd be surprised at how many religious writers dabble in it, especially if they're from the more liberal churches (or wherever they worship).
Atria35

Postby teigeki_calesa » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:06 am

What a coincidence, AnimeGirl. Currently I'm planning a Tsubasa/XXXholic multiverse and Voltes V (a 70s giant robot anime) crossover.
Excuse my blinking, just got too many shifts this week.
teigeki_calesa

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:33 am

Atria35 (post: 1386481) wrote:I think you might be doing it wrong- I can find plenty of non-yaoi communities on there. If you're searching specifically for 'non-yaoi', you probably aren't going to find anything- they seem to be centered more on specific pairings than anything.... are you going to specific communities or just general ones?

BTW- I just feel the need to point this out here, but atheists aren't the only ones that put out yaoi fanfiction. You'd be surprised at how many religious writers dabble in it, especially if they're from the more liberal churches (or wherever they worship).

Yes, I'm sure they do, but I'm talking specifically about the hostility that atheists direct toward Christians on far too many f-net forums.

I can't locate any non-yaoi communities for certain anime fandom. It doesn't help that f-net changes its interface about every other week.

Heart of Sock!

Sailor Kenshin

Postby Atria35 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:12 am

Sailor Kenshin (post: 1388024) wrote:Yes, I'm sure they do, but I'm talking specifically about the hostility that atheists direct toward Christians on far too many f-net forums.

I can't locate any non-yaoi communities for certain anime fandom. It doesn't help that f-net changes its interface about every other week.

Ah, that would do it. Yeah, the changing interface has caused a few problems (I was very active up until a few months ago on the communities, so to come back last month to see how it's changed surprised me- It had been the essentially the same since I was 16, so I wasn't sure what I was looking at!). For certain fandoms, well.... maybe you could start your own, if you're not happy with what they have?

But you're right about the forums being a tad on the harsh side. They tend to have a few too many flamers, not just against Christians, but if you have different.... anything than the majority ATM. I have my own favorite ships for certain series, and I have gotten flamed for them! It got a little ugly. I just try to avoid them now!
Atria35

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:42 am

There IS a forum for Christian authors on f-net. I just joined it, and though they are mostly about LOTR, they do talk anime and manga(I make sure of that!) ;)

They seem to be very good and a nice haven. You might want to look them up.

Assembly of Christian Authors, I think....

Heart of Sock!

Sailor Kenshin

Postby Nami » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:58 am

Sweet! I'll have to join it too, I've never found one on there ^^; I'm not to dedicated to FF, but I would like to post more Fanfics when I get the chance. ^^;
[color="Red"][SIZE="3"]Swiftly Dissin' and never Missin'.
Yours Truly,
Sick of all the BSin'.[/SIZE][/color]
Nami

Location: Sitting in a tree, waiting for you. *sinister grin*

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:04 pm

We should tell them about this place. ^^

Heart of Sock!

Sailor Kenshin

Postby Nami » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:17 pm

Totally! They would probably be interested in being here. ^^
[color="Red"][SIZE="3"]Swiftly Dissin' and never Missin'.
Yours Truly,
Sick of all the BSin'.[/SIZE][/color]
Nami

Location: Sitting in a tree, waiting for you. *sinister grin*

Postby Doubleshadow » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:01 pm

I write fanfiction, usually long dramas or short comedic pieces. Right now I'm finishing up my 790 papers for my Ph. D, so I'm on hiatus.
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby JerRocks2day » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:48 pm

I write stories for my Trouble Shooters series.

I may write a fanfic sometime though. One idea that's stuck in my head is a Superbook/Jungle Book crossover; and a Flying House/Talespin crossover.
JerRocks2day

Postby mastersquirrel » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:25 pm

Nami (post: 1380616) wrote:As Steenajack said, yes it's a very good show. However I am a bit peeved with the creators ^_^

And judging from the contents of your fan fiction I can probably guess why you're peeved. :P

Several years back I nearly took a step into the realm of fan fiction myself. It was a continuation of the video game Beyond Good and Evil that I never got around to actually writing. Luckily for me they're making a sequel so I don't have to write it and the only evidence that it ever existed can remain safely on my old flash drive.
[SIZE="1"]"If there's one thing that I know, it's that I know more than one thing." - Master Squirrel[/SIZE]
mastersquirrel

Postby Chrysolite » Thu May 06, 2010 8:44 am

I love brainstorming fanfiction, but it almost never makes the journey from my mind to my keyboard. I guess it's because, as an aspiring author, I feel like I should spend my writing time working on stories I can actually publish. Still, I've always loved coming up with side-stories and after-stories and alternate endings for shows or movies that really touched me. I've been doing that since I was a kid. :dizzy: And once in a while I get so attached to an idea for a fic that I actually sit down and write it. Amazingly, some of my best work is my fanfiction. ;)
[color="Red"]@)[/color][color="SeaGreen"]}~`,~[/color]

Do not be overrighteous, neither be overwise—
why destroy yourself?

Do not be overwicked, and do not be a fool—
why die before your time?

It is good to grasp the one and not let go of the other.
The man who fears God will avoid all extremes.

—Ecclesiastes 7:16-18
Chrysolite

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Fri May 14, 2010 7:43 am

Chrysolite (post: 1392475) wrote:I love brainstorming fanfiction, but it almost never makes the journey from my mind to my keyboard.

The solution to that, of course, is to brainstorm with another author who likes the writing just as much as the brainstorming, fufufu ;)

Though I go to FFNet quite a bit, I never bother with the forums, because I know there's going to be a lot of contact with various things that rub me wrong, and because I can talk about fandoms all I want here. It's a lot easier to avoid flamers and yaoi when you just stick with fics and reviews.
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Fri May 14, 2010 7:56 am

*recommends Christian Writers f-net forum again*

Heart of Sock!

Sailor Kenshin

Previous

Return to Writing