NaNoWriMo 2009

Unleash your creative writing skills here.

NaNoWriMo 2009

Postby Fish and Chips » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:20 am

Yes, it's National Novel Writing Month again. Well, no, not yet. It's still October, actually. But come Novemeber, it'll be time to punch those keys to the tune of 50,000 words.

Unless you're UC.

So who's on board for this year? After my spectacular failure last year I'm ready for round two.
Fish and Chips

Postby BubblegumNinja » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:17 am

Woo! Well, I'm in. :D It's going to be my first time trying this officially, so I'm kinda excited to see how it turns out.
BubblegumNinja

Postby LadyRushia » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:43 am

I'm not even sure if I'll have time for it, which kind of sucks but that's what I get for being an English major and taking 18 credits this semester, XD.
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby mechana2015 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:27 am

I'm most likely in.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby ChristianKitsune » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:39 am

HOPEFULLY!!!

I got 60,000 of my story written last year, maybe I can pick up where I left off.. XD
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Peanut » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:31 pm

Fish and Chips (post: 1349656) wrote:
So who's on board for this year? After my spectacular failure last year I'm ready for round two.

Same here Fish. I will be joining you in failing--I mean winning round 2...yeah. 50000 words is going to be easy this year. I'm sure both of us will reach that goal with no problems whatsoever...he he.
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby Tsukuyomi » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:46 pm

I more then likely won't join in the funz (my writing skills aren't quite up there xD), but I''ll be cheering for all of you ^___^

I am partaking in a writing contest, so I'll keep this in mind and see how far (word wise) I get 8D

@CK: Isn't that in a wah cheating ^__~? Unless, you'll be continue the story, but a new word count ^^?
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:29 pm

x.x I must be out of my mind, but I'm doing NaNo this year. And if I fail, I'll have a herd of angry elephants trampling me.... >_>
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Esoteric » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:49 pm

I assure you the elephants are merely there as an incentive to keep up the pace. However, we take no responsibility for accidental injury or death if you don't....
Esoteric

Postby mechana2015 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:39 pm

Tsukuyomi (post: 1349726) wrote:@CK: Isn't that in a wah cheating ^__~? Unless, you'll be continue the story, but a new word count ^^?

Its not cheating if you restart the word count... it's what I've done each year.

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby Ante Bellum » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:04 pm

I'm (probably) in.
Ante Bellum

Postby ich1990 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:17 pm

I actually might have enough time to join in this November. I will have to think it over.
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby shade of dae » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:36 pm

I think I'll join this year. I have several ideas for novels that I would like to write, so picking one might be a problem. I'm not sure what exactly my schedule is this November, and if I have time for it, but at least it would get me motivated.
MAL

What call have I to dream of anything?
I am a wolf. Back to the world again,
And speech of fellow-brutes that once were men
Our throats can bark for slaughter: cannot sing.
-C.S. Lewis
shade of dae

Postby ~darkelfgirl~ » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:08 am

I might try this year, but same situation as Rushia--18 credits again. Plus, I have no linked ideas at the moment.

If you guys have a problem writing and need motivation ... hehehehehehehe ... you should give 'Dr.Wicked' a try.

Note the 'hehehehehe' above!
[color=purple][font=Tahoma][color=royalblue]"But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint."--[/color]Isaiah 40:31
[/font]
[/color]
~darkelfgirl~

Postby mechana2015 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:31 am

shade of dae (post: 1349938) wrote:I think I'll join this year. I have several ideas for novels that I would like to write, so picking one might be a problem. I'm not sure what exactly my schedule is this November, and if I have time for it, but at least it would get me motivated.

Eh just choose one and go for it. You're speed writing, not writing your magnum opus (at least... not before editing).

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby Yamamaya » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:58 am

I've only really finished one novel. I've got another one on the side as well as two fanfics.

This could definitely be a nice time to inspire myself and I can be a bit of a lazy writer(interwebs is distracting!)

So yeah I'm in.:thumb:
Yamamaya

Postby goldenspines » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:12 pm

I have a vague story idea and somewhat a bit of self esteem in my writing abilities, yet I lack time unless I plan very strategically. I'll contemplate the idea though, and probably decide Oct. 31. XD
goldenspines

Postby KagayakiWashi » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:47 pm

I'm planning on it. I've got a whole idea mapped out based on some of the crazy stuff I've encountered lately. I'm psyched about it.
"To be a good listener, you must acquire a musical culture...you must be familiar with the history and development of music, you must listen...to receive music you have to open your ears and wait for the music, you must believe that it is something you need ...to listen is an effort, and just to hear has no merit. A duck hears also." - Igor Stravinsky
Are you hurting? Struggling with something? Need an ear? Check out The Hopeline! https://www.thehopeline.com/CSDefault.aspx
The Blog! http://kagayakiwashi.livejournal.com/
KagayakiWashi

Location: Constantly chasing the dragonfly of love....or something like that

Postby Mister Frodo » Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:00 am

I'm all for it! I'm hoping to get 50,000 words again, since I still have no life, like in past years. This is my last year before I go off to college, though, so I doubt I'll be able to write as much in the future.

Still, I'm looking forward to it, and I wish best of luck and Godspeed to everyone writing!
Mister Frodo

Postby yukoxholic » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:49 am

I'll most likely be giving it a shot again this year as well.
yukoxholic

Postby ChristianKitsune » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:49 pm

@_@ I should have started to re-read my story! XDD I only got... a few hours before Nanowrimo starts D8 meeeepps

only... 200 pages to read between now and Sunday! LOL
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:43 pm

LadyRushia (post: 1349661) wrote:I'm not even sure if I'll have time for it, which kind of sucks but that's what I get for being an English major and taking 18 credits this semester, XD.

I feel your pain... I'm at 17 credits this semester, which is right up there next to 18 credits. Though I'm not an English major, so I'm sure you have it worse... but I am an art major, and art requires lots of time in its own way. XD

goldenspines (post: 1350201) wrote:I have a vague story idea and somewhat a bit of self esteem in my writing abilities, yet I lack time unless I plan very strategically. I'll contemplate the idea though, and probably decide Oct. 31. XD

You should, goldie! I'm giving it a go. Its my first year, and I'm both excited and nervous. Of course, the end of November is the end of my semester, so I'm not sure how that will go over since the end of the semester is the busiest part of my semester... but I'm willing to try it and looking forward to it! ^_^
"Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord!" - Psalm 31:24

"MOES: Sig. Or sig not. There is no scroll."

My Fanfiction.net account
My DA account
My MAL

"An XD a post will keep humor at its most." - Goldenspines <3
Fantasy Dreamer

Postby Tsukuyomi » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:51 pm

*Pokes thread* >_>

I decided today (lol) that I'll be partaking in Nano \o.o/ I most likely won't reach the goal or anywhere near but I'll have fun trying and this gives me the motivation to stick with a story long enough to see where it goes XDDD

I'm a closet writer <__<
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Yamamaya » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:53 pm

I'll be starting on sunday. Woot.

This should help break me out of writer's laziness.
Yamamaya

Postby Peanut » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:13 pm

Tsukuyomi (post: 1353300) wrote:*Pokes thread* >_>

I decided today (lol) that I'll be partaking in Nano \o.o/ I most likely won't reach the goal or anywhere near but I'll have fun trying and this gives me the motivation to stick with a story long enough to see where it goes XDDD

I'm a closet writer <__<

Yay! :dance:

... tomorrow is my full out planning day since I should probably plan my chapters out a little bit better then I currently have...

Peanut

Postby Tsukuyomi » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:14 pm

I had a couple ideas floating around.. I should write them down somewhere >_>.. xDDDD
Tsukuyomi

Postby LadyRushia » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:33 pm

Fantasy Dreamer wrote:I feel your pain... I'm at 17 credits this semester, which is right up there next to 18 credits. Though I'm not an English major, so I'm sure you have it worse... but I am an art major, and art requires lots of time in its own way. XD

It's just that I have two lit. classes this semester, which require a lot of reading and I'm a slow reader. Plus, I have a huge paper due for another class this month along with regular old papers.
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby Peanut » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:46 pm

...it's getting close to midnight...

Peanut

Postby mechana2015 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:44 am

Game on Party People.

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby goldenspines » Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:02 am

Man, it's the first day and I already feel like I'm behind in my wordcount. XD;
goldenspines

Next

Return to Writing