Advent: Dawn (Chapter 1)

Projects or project ideas in the works

Advent: Dawn (Chapter 1)

Postby Michael Lance » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:56 pm

Hey, y'all. Michael here.

This is my very first attempt at producing a full-fledged manga (as well as my first time posting in this area), so please bear with me while I make a fool of myself and attempt to make something out of a half-baked, ten-years-in-the-making idea.

[font="Impact"]THE PLOT[/font]

The plot for Advent: Dawn (this first chapter, that is) is based on the events that have taken place in the RPG of the same name found on this site, up through the end of the first chapter, "Creeper in the Mist".

[font="Impact"]THE CHARACTERS[/font]

The characters involved in the telling of Advent: Dawn, Chapter One, will be all of the characters that have introduced, with the exception of characters who have not yet had a significant role in the plot's development. Also, two players dropped out, therefore their characters will not be appearing in the story.

[font="Impact"]THE ENDGAME[/font]

... is to see how well myself and Diamond Dragon can perform - as a team - in the production of our first manga.

[font="Impact"]THE RATINGS[/font]

I've noticed that there is a rating system for the new ideas thread, so here are the ratings for Advent: Dawn, Chapter One, followed by the ratings for Advent: Dawn as a whole:

Advent: Dawn - Intro & "Creeper in the Mist"

Violence: 5-7 - due to the main character's face-off in the intro and the following vaporization of Madock's gunmen (See "Advent: Dawn"/RPG Thread)

Language: 0 - As far as I can recall, there is no language in the series whatsoever.

Sexual Content: 1 - Valentine considers herself a sort of siren (it's complicated - follow the RP if you want to find out the details)

Nudity (or skimpy outfits): 0 - As of yet, there's no artwork for the series anyhow. Besides that, I make it a point to avoid such instances.

Bad Religion: 3 - Michael's encounter with his "guardian angel" implies the exsistance of higher beings that may or may not be affiliated with the concept of real angels (it remains to be seen what exactly his "guardian angel" is - stay tuned for updates)

Advent: Dawn

Violence: 8 - lots of fighting, though not graphic in terms of visual depiction - personally, I dislike graphic violence when it comes to anime and manga. There will be blood, and perhaps a few scenes depicting loss of life and/or limb, but nothing beyond such.

Language: 0-1 - Again, I refrain from using language in my plots and character designs. If I slip, it's most likely accidental or just due to my ignorance.

Sexual Content: 4 - Romantic interests at worst. No fanservice or the like will be present.

Nudity (or skimpy outfits): 0 (possibly 1 at worst) - Most characters wear basic street clothes and such, but there may be characters wearing more form-fitting attire - jumpsuits, for instance, are worn by most members of a military force known as "The Resistance".

Bad Religion: 8 - lots of questions regarding personal beliefs, as well as an ever-present sense of impending doom. Also, there is a lot of dark content, concerning the villain's role.

Minimum Age: over all, I'd say 13 and up.

I'll start posting the script soon - stay posted, everyone.
M-I-C-H-A-E-L

spell it right, or don't spell it at all.

@)}~`,~

Thank you, for all you do for us.

that awkward moment when you go to see who's online, and someone else is already looking at the members list...
Michael Lance

Re: Advent: Dawn (Chapter 1)

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:47 pm

Just wondering-will this be continuing sometime soon? I am truly interested in this, but I haven't seen anything more since Oct of last year.
Wolfsong

Re: Advent: Dawn (Chapter 1)

Postby Michael Lance » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:55 pm

Wolfsong wrote:Just wondering-will this be continuing sometime soon? I am truly interested in this, but I haven't seen anything more since Oct of last year.

Actually, I was unaware this thread had survived the upgrade. No, the only Advent thread I will be continuing on CAA is the Excerpts Thread, which has yet to be updated since its initiation.
M-I-C-H-A-E-L

spell it right, or don't spell it at all.

@)}~`,~

Thank you, for all you do for us.

that awkward moment when you go to see who's online, and someone else is already looking at the members list...
Michael Lance

Return to New Projects and Ideas