Calling all Manga artists!

Projects or project ideas in the works

Calling all Manga artists!

Postby raider~joseph » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:29 pm

I am currently working on a webcomic.The problem......I can't draw to save my life.Seriously.I am working on a idea called Delph Chronicals.It's about an orphan named Delph who learns he has a inheritance of the most powerful family in the world but to claim it he has to obtain 12 keys from his estranged relatives.Who are also trying to claim it.There is a difference between this and a similar sounding story but it takes place in the supernatural underground.I'm not talking about twilght supernatural either.The keys themselves give one a power.Which is crucial to getting the other keys.(Who would hand them over?)It's a plot I've been working on since I was 9.So yeah anyone who is interested pm me.Mods move it please if it's out of place and I'm sorry if it is as well.
The orbital friendship cannon is gone. But its LEGACY LIVES ON IN US!
FOR PONY, FOR STUFF, FOR LUNA!

"I can has roleplaying!"
raider~joseph

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:09 pm

So are you looking for multiple artists for this deal? The thing being would mean several different styles to create this vision....

I'll try to assist you if I can, but I cannot due much because of my tight schedule. If you can get some other artists on board, PM me and let me know how I can help.
Jeremiah 29:11-"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
"All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players; they have their entrances and their exits and one man in his time plays many parts."-Will Shakespeare
@)}~ carry this rose in your sig, as thanks, to all the CAA Moderators
Phantom_Sorano

Postby Arya Raiin » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:40 am

I agree with Soran. If you can get some several artists working on it, it'd be easier to create. Plus the different styles combined would be interesting!
Arya Raiin

Postby rocklobster » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:33 pm

Not always. Being someone who used to read comics, sometimes having more than one artist on the same comic can make things confusing.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:27 am

However, there are many groups that create manga that are a group effort (ex. Clamp). If you could find a group that could agree on a similiar style, then it's very possible.
Jeremiah 29:11-"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
"All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players; they have their entrances and their exits and one man in his time plays many parts."-Will Shakespeare
@)}~ carry this rose in your sig, as thanks, to all the CAA Moderators
Phantom_Sorano

Postby ABlipinTime » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:13 pm

Allow me to give some recommendations:
1) Have the story complete. (it is done, right?)
2) Make everyone working on the project aware of what is going on. i.e. All of your artists should know the whole story or the entirety of the parts they are trying to draw. They should know the basic scenery, the personalities of the characters (so they can draw good emotional expressions, etc), etc.

If you have multiple artists:
1) It might be helpful to have a basic story board draw. You don't have to go into detail (but hot-dog man with alittle dimensional depth is better than stick figures), but it should be enough for the artists to understand what is going on.
2) Each artist might be only good at a specific character or style of character, in which case each artist could simply draw their character into every frame. Requires: story board (as given above) and each individual has to have access to a printer or scanner or draw on the computer. Disclaimer: not all requirements are identified.
- God is always with us, especially when we feel most alone.
http://ablipintime.deviantart.com/
Htom Sirveaux (post: 1435089) - "We should all start speaking telepathically."
Midori (post: 1457302) "Sometimes, if I try hard, I can speak in English."
(post: 1481465) "Overthinking is an art."
Goldenspines - "Fighting the bad guys and rescuing princesses from trolls and all that. "
ABlipinTime

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:20 pm

Well, I have a feeling you won't like what it says, but you should probably look at this:

http://www.writingexcuses.com/2010/01/03/writing-excuses-season-3-episode-32-collaboration/

There's a link to download near the end of the post. It's only about eighteen minutes long.

One of the guys on the show is a very successful web cartoonist, and I'm pretty sure he talks about how he resolved the "I want a webcomic but I can't draw" issue.

That said, I wish you luck.
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Return to New Projects and Ideas