My fictions

Projects or project ideas in the works

My fictions

Postby Yukio Masachita » Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:33 pm

Hello.
I am an aspired story writer who has a lot on his hands.
Here are the ones I'm focussed on right now.

[SIZE="3"]ParadoX CroXXing[/SIZE]
Genre:Science Fantasy, Crossover, Action, Comedy, Drama, Adventure, Slice of Life.

Centres around the adventures of teenager Yukio Masachita and his school friends who have joined a secret organisation named ATLAS as they explore alternate worlds from several popular Anime and games while teaming up with their characters. Inspired from Kingdom Hearts, it mixes original characters I made with ones picked from other titles.

15 year old Yukio is half-American and half-Japanese, having lived in the states since he was born, he and his parents moved to the fictional city Uzukami where he continues his studies in its local Academy. Among the new friends he meets, his homeroom teacher is a parallel of Motoko Kusanagi (From Ghost in the Shell) who is always cold towards her students and has grown disdainful towards Yukio after he joins ATLAS.

A series of events leads him and his friends to discover and join the ATLAS organisation which uses a dimensional Rift to travel to other worlds to counter a dimensional threat called WORM, abnormal entities that distort and gradually destroy realities.

The humour of the story mostly involves the characters interaction with the guest characters while some of the guest ones will have some tweak to their characteristics for the sake of humour. But it also has a drama aspect which deeply explores the characters, both the original ones and the crossover characters. Others include Reno and Rude from Final Fantasy VII, Lucy/Nyu from Elfen Lied, Ouka from .Hack//Legend of the Twilight and more...

I'll elaborate more of this once I put my focus back into it as I'm now putting my sights on this... (Points down)

[SIZE="3"]Another Testament[/SIZE]
Genre: Supernatural, Science Fantasy, Post-Apocalypse, Drama, Romance, Alternate History, Arcane Punk.

This has been my most difficult fiction and it had a history of rewrites.
So here is the current version so far...

Set in the near future where the world is engulfed in a flood caused by fallen crystalline meteorites called "TEAR DROPS" and the survivors of mankind live in high-tech floating cities called ARKS powered by the TEAR DROPS. A cold war wages between two powerful COVENANTS (Bodies of interconnected ARKS) over complete dominance of all ARKS to create a one-world Utopia where the dwindling resources will be focused, as opposed to several seperate bodies.

In this story, World War 2 and the Cold War had a slightly altered course.
After the end of WW1, crystalline meteorites fell into the oceans and some parts of Europe and Russia. Those meteorites were found and researched and they were found to be a powerful and economically efficient resource which soon replaced coal and oil but were also found to absorb essence of natural things such as fire, water, plants and even lightning and earth.

When Hitler came to power, he developed an obsession with the occult and the Nazis were the first to experiment with the crystals (Which they named "Himmelstein", Heaven stones as they fell from the sky) and some learned to control the essence and use them for magic. The "Himmelstein" also were found to dissolve when in direct contact with water and to rapidly increase the liquid's level as theorized by recent floods in parts of Indonesia just after the crystals landed on Earth.

Further more, ancient architecture were found encased in these crystals which seemed to suggest the existence of an extra terrestrial civilisation. Hitler claimed he made contact with a being encased in the crystals in one of his secret documents which was found after D-day. The Soviet Union used the new resources to advance their empire and work on a secret project for a floating city powered by the crystals, the progenitor for the modern day ARKS. The project was however stolen by the Nazi's when they invaded Russia.

Although Britain and America have traded crystals with each other (And they named them TEAR DROPS), neither of them made technological advancements as great as Germany and the Soviet Union. During World War 2, the Jews sent to concentration camps were used for TEAR DROP-related occult experiments. During D-day, the allied forces infiltrated the Nazi's completed ARK where the battle took place. The war ended when Hitler took his own life with the attacking Allies by activating a self-destruct mechanism in the ARK.

Since the beginning of the Cold War, more and more TEAR DROPS were sighted penetrating the atmosphere, causing floods while providing more resources for the warring countries. TEAR DROP-based magic also became a common thing in modern society as they are processed for military and black op uses but were also sold in black markets and became popular second to drug trafficking. They are illegally used by street gangs and religious cults.
Also from the crystals, increasing amounts of evidence of an alien civilisation came to light that even the government could not cover up and it stirred up much fascination. Some fanatics even believe the TEAR DROPS are a gift from God.

During the 1970's as the Cold War continued, a storm of falling TEAR DROPS struck the Soviet Union. The panic caused the system to crumble and Russia fell into Anarchy, therefore the Cold War ended much earlier. From records of massive floods from every TEAR DROP storm, the United Nations started their own ARK project. They took resources from the remains of Hitler's demolished ARK along with resources from several volunteering cities to recreate a host of ARKS.

I'm taking a break right here. What do you think so far? Is it practical?
By the way, this story isn't pro-occult.
One of the themes explored is the allure and dangers of TEAR DROPS being used for magic.
Yukio Masachita

Return to New Projects and Ideas