One-shot submissions

Projects or project ideas in the works

One-shot submissions

Postby AnimeGirl » Sun May 16, 2010 12:27 pm

Along with the anime project me and my bro have started (which is going well, by the way, we should have a new scene done VERY SOON! *squee*) we also have a magazine project. A manga magazine project "Tofu Sheets Manga". Jake and I have been saving up money, and in about 2 months, we think we'll have an actual issue out, but we'll need your help! We won't be able to pay you or anything, all money we make will probably go back into publishing more copies, but we need material in order to publish. So, if anyone of you would like to submit a one-shot manga (that YOU MADE YOURSELF) that would be great! If you'd like to publish your ongoing manga series with us, you may do so as well, and we set no deadlines, so if you're lazy, it's OK. XD!!! Magazine is published when we have enough material.

Requirements:
- Must go traditional Japanese, right-to-left, since that is the direction of the magazine.
- Must be, at shortest 3 pages +cover, at longest, 3 chapters.
- Nothing above 14+
- No yaoi/yuri
- Christian is preferred, but if it is not, it must have some kind of good message to it (sacrificial love, friendship, kindness, etc.!)
- No realistic magic, such as witchcraft. "Fantasy magic" is acceptable.
- No cuss words.
- No crude jokes, fanservice, etc....
- Blood is fine, but please, no gore!

Thank you! If you'd like to be apart, reply or PM me with a title of your one-shot, summary, rating, and content to deem it that rating.
"For what use is there in praying if you will only hear what you want to hear." - As I Lay Dying *The Sound Of Truth*

Let's make an AMV together!

Kokoro no Uta The thoughts of an aspiring mangaka (yeah...this is my blog >.>)

Ooh look! I have fanfiction! YAY!!!!!!!
http://www.fanfiction.net/~sevencandlesticks
If you like Tsubasa and Cardcaptors, then you might like what I've written (if I didn't slaughter the series... XD)

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds - Pslam 147:3
AnimeGirl

Postby Alcuinus » Sun May 16, 2010 5:15 pm

I love the idea... I've been wanting to challenge myself with an actual full (well... full one-shot :P) manga project, but if I did, I would want to complete it before presenting it... and it wouldn't be very good being the first :P.

Like I said, I love the idea, and I hope others join in on your project :)
Alcuinus

Postby AnimeGirl » Sun May 16, 2010 6:26 pm

Alcuinus (post: 1394842) wrote:I love the idea... I've been wanting to challenge myself with an actual full (well... full one-shot :P) manga project, but if I did, I would want to complete it before presenting it... and it wouldn't be very good being the first :P.

Like I said, I love the idea, and I hope others join in on your project :)

Thank you! Oh, of course when it is finished you submit. XD!!! You can make it, at the shortest, 3 pages +cover, or at the longest, 3 chapters, for a one-shot. If you go with 3 chapters, you can submit a chap every issue, if it is only a few pages, submit all. *goes to edit post to add this requirement*
"For what use is there in praying if you will only hear what you want to hear." - As I Lay Dying *The Sound Of Truth*

If you like Tsubasa and Cardcaptors, then you might like what I've written (if I didn't slaughter the series... XD)

AnimeGirl

Postby AnimeGirl » Wed May 19, 2010 4:20 pm

Well this is going really well! I also posted at CM, and have gotten people interested. So I am really happy with the direction the magazine is going!

AnimeGirl

Postby Beau Soir » Wed May 19, 2010 4:24 pm

Ooooooh this is so interesting! How exciting... maybe I'll give it a go. :3 Is there a deadline for submissions right now?

Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within.
--James Arthur Baldwin

Charm is deceptive, beauty is fleeting,
but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.

(Proverbs 31:30)

Beau Soir

Postby AnimeGirl » Wed May 19, 2010 4:30 pm

KaedeKarasuma (post: 1395369) wrote:Ooooooh this is so interesting! How exciting... maybe I'll give it a go. :3 Is there a deadline for submissions right now?

No, there is no deadline. I'd like to try to get the first issue of the magazine out within the next 2 months, but there is no deadline set, if it doesn't make the first issue, it'll be put in the second. ^.^ I liek to give artists time to plot and draw, so it is quality, not quanity.

AnimeGirl

Postby Souba » Wed May 19, 2010 10:03 pm

[color="RoyalBlue"]I have a short manga I wasn't able to publish myself but maybe you guys can do it for me, a cover, character descrp. page, and 3 pages. Can I also have an ad for my comic in it as well and is it in color or b/w?
Beloved in Grace,
Souba[/color]
@)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~@)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~

[color="RoyalBlue"]We are not saved by the Law, but by Grace[/color]

@)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~@)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~
Souba

Location: Second star to the right and straight on until morning!

Postby AnimeGirl » Thu May 20, 2010 10:29 am

Souba (post: 1395448) wrote:[color="RoyalBlue"]I have a short manga I wasn't able to publish myself but maybe you guys can do it for me, a cover, character descrp. page, and 3 pages. Can I also have an ad for my comic in it as well and is it in color or b/w?
Beloved in Grace,
Souba[/color]

Sure, you can also have an ad for your comic. It's going to be black and white, but I'd like to find a way for a few of the pages to be color where it needs to be (like Shounen Jump).

AnimeGirl

Postby choklit » Thu May 20, 2010 10:43 am

Is it going to be purely manga? It might be interesting if there were articles as well, like the late Shojo Beat and Shonen Jump. Christian articles, reviews, individual drawings, tutorials on manga-drawing, etc. Maybe interviews on interesting people on CAA. Just a thought. But since this could get expensive, it might be a good idea to keep in mind for the future if you're thinking that far.
So what's the speed of dark?
choklit

Postby AnimeGirl » Thu May 20, 2010 4:17 pm

choklit (post: 1395497) wrote:Is it going to be purely manga? It might be interesting if there were articles as well, like the late Shojo Beat and Shonen Jump. Christian articles, reviews, individual drawings, tutorials on manga-drawing, etc. Maybe interviews on interesting people on CAA. Just a thought. But since this could get expensive, it might be a good idea to keep in mind for the future if you're thinking that far.

Yes, I do plan to have stuff like articles in the magazine. It'll mostly be manga, but I do plan to have other stuff, like words from the mangaka (perhaps interviews), articles, and stuff. Ooh, manga tutorials sounds like an idea! Maybe even a devotional area.

AnimeGirl

Postby choklit » Thu May 20, 2010 5:37 pm

AnimeGirl (post: 1395554) wrote:Yes, I do plan to have stuff like articles in the magazine. It'll mostly be manga, but I do plan to have other stuff, like words from the mangaka (perhaps interviews), articles, and stuff. Ooh, manga tutorials sounds like an idea! Maybe even a devotional area.

Yup, sounds good. It'll be a big undertaking, but I'm sure you can pull it off. How many pages are you looking for?
I'll contribue how I can. I'd volunteer for writing articles, and the drawing tutorials. Just tell me what you need. ^_^
So what's the speed of dark?
choklit

Postby AnimeGirl » Thu May 20, 2010 10:33 pm

I'm looking to at least reach 100 pages, but if we go over, that'll even be better! The goal is to reach, at least, 88 pages, but I prefer 100 or more. Whatever you can do, it'll be very helpful! ^_^

AnimeGirl

Postby AnimeGirl » Thu May 27, 2010 1:12 pm

Hello again! Just updating on status:
Though there is no deadline, my goal is to have an issue out sometime in August, so any submissions, whether an on-going series you'd like to run with us, or a one-shot (right-to-left!!!) would be helpful. Also, any other kind of help like artists to assist in making beautiful pictures, or people who'd like to write articles, you're welcomed, too! ^.^

AnimeGirl

Postby RefractedAhav » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:40 pm

could we submit some thing to both your magazine and the manga competition?
Adopted by: 1BalloonPopper

(\_/) [color=royalblue]"We are the Bunnie [/color]

(O.o) Resistance Is Futile.

(> <) You Will Be Assimilated"-Elowen

Copy The Bunny Into Your Sig Help Him Achieve World Domination...

AKA: Jowan, John, Iwan, any male form of "John" exept Johny or any spelling of Johny (Jonathan is actualy an entirly diferrnt name, so no that does not work)

FKA: Elowen

http://users.ev1.net/%7Ebretm/ashley/tairis%20sig%203.gif
RefractedAhav

Location: Some where in Oz or is it in the woods between worlds, I'm not so shure any more. Any one have an in

Postby AnimeGirl » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:01 pm

Elowen (post: 1399937) wrote:could we submit some thing to both your magazine and the manga competition?

Manga competition? I'm not running one, or are you referring to contests elsewhere? If so, that'll be fine. As long as it's right-to-left.

AnimeGirl

Postby Alcuinus » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:35 am

AnimeGirl (post: 1399954) wrote:Manga competition? I'm not running one, or are you referring to contests elsewhere? If so, that'll be fine. As long as it's right-to-left.

He's referring to the manga contest being hosted here... on CAA if I'm not mistaken.
Deo Volente Deo non Fortuna
Alcuinus

Postby RefractedAhav » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:37 pm

yep, I see you found it.
Adopted by: 1BalloonPopper

(\_/) [color=royalblue]"We are the Bunnie [/color]

(O.o) Resistance Is Futile.

(> <) You Will Be Assimilated"-Elowen

Copy The Bunny Into Your Sig Help Him Achieve World Domination...

AKA: Jowan, John, Iwan, any male form of "John" exept Johny or any spelling of Johny (Jonathan is actualy an entirly diferrnt name, so no that does not work)

FKA: Elowen

http://users.ev1.net/%7Ebretm/ashley/tairis%20sig%203.gif
RefractedAhav

Location: Some where in Oz or is it in the woods between worlds, I'm not so shure any more. Any one have an in

Postby AnimeGirl » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:12 pm

Elowen (post: 1400168) wrote:yep, I see you found it.

Just e-mail it to me as a file attachment to: tofusheets777@hotmail.com
It goes right-to-left, correct? This is very important since that is the direction of the magazine.

AnimeGirl

Return to New Projects and Ideas