new anime idea: Warriors of Christ

Projects or project ideas in the works

Postby Fish and Chips » Tue May 04, 2010 11:10 am

Midknight74012 (post: 1392089) wrote:Hey look, a double post. How dare I.
Anyway, yet another change to Agnes Young. Take out her fighting ability altogether and replace that with the spiritual gift of healing. Also ability to sympathize with the many civilians they rescue on the way, something the other fighters can't really do. Unfortunately her emotional scars and how weak her faith is, her healing ability is very limited next to nothing. But as the story progresses, her emotions and mind is slowly repaired, but sometimes damaged as the story goes.
You're actually making spiritual gifts into superpowers.

Wow, okay, I'm done here.
Fish and Chips

Postby Midknight74012 » Tue May 04, 2010 12:49 pm

Hold up, I have written anything down. It's just something I thought up today. Just please, a little patience, I'll have something that makes sense. I never intended for there to be superpowers. So, give me a chance to write it down.

Edit:
okay, keep the ability but instead of simply "Laying of the hands", let her be excellent practicing medicine. That way, even if she prays over the wound or the health of the person, it's not enough. So she takes matters into her own hands and works with what she has to begin some healing. Example using a splint or a tourniquet for emergency situations. that okay?

Edit MKII:
Alright, what do you guys think would get a young girl, say 5 years old, interested in the study of medicine? I have the idea to have her watching TV and seeing these commercials of all these poor colonies in different countries but they can't afford treatment. I'm just needing a second opinion on that. She still in an unstable family.
Psalms 82:3-4
Defend the cause of the weak and fatherless;
maintain the rights of the poor and oppressed.
Rescue the weak and needy;
deliver them from the hand of the wicked.
Midknight74012

Postby choklit » Mon May 17, 2010 12:15 pm

Here's a VERY rough sketch of an idea for Zhora. If you'd like me to clean it up and ink it, I will, but I want to know if you want it first.

here ya go.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
So what's the speed of dark?
choklit

Postby Midknight74012 » Mon May 17, 2010 12:23 pm

You know, I didn't expect anyone to draw her up based on so little information. Personally, I was expecting something like Mandalorian armor w/o the helmet and a few more weapons but actually, this works too. *saves it to his computer* Find a way to attach a jetpack, some light armor, and that ought to do. Thanks for the help. All that did was encourage me to write more things up but..... *looks around room* I need to find the floor.
Midknight74012

Postby choklit » Mon May 17, 2010 12:47 pm

gotcha. I'll start working on it then. When would you like it by?
choklit

Postby Midknight74012 » Mon May 17, 2010 12:53 pm

I would like it when your confident about it. There are currently no plans on animation or anything like that so far. As I read material for each character, I'll try to keep everything up to date.

Edit:
After finally trying to understand where Mech, Crim, Fish, and others were coming from, I decided to go ahead and remove Agnes's background as a rape victim and go with something else. Haven't decided yet. And now I wait for the bragging.
Midknight74012

Postby choklit » Fri May 21, 2010 10:31 am

Here's Zhora. I'm not good at coloring, but I did my best. I think you should have someone else do it better. I just wanted the idea.

I added the light armor you asked for, but I think that one of the good things about the future is that weapons aren't so obvious; she can pull out an awesome weapon or device when you don't expect it. Excess doesn't seem to suit a cool, unsocial, loner personality Zhora seems to have.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
choklit

Postby Midknight74012 » Fri May 21, 2010 11:18 am

Nice. I'll color a version myself. I'm bored over here anyway. Thank you.
Midknight74012

Postby Angel37 » Sat May 22, 2010 8:19 am

It's interesting and I'd love to do what I can, but I'd need pointed in a direction.

Here's a sample of what I can do.
Angel37

Postby Midknight74012 » Sat May 22, 2010 6:37 pm

Agnes Young was born in England, 1994. Her parents were initially thrilled about having a baby girl. They loved and cared for her, being thankful for having such a blessing. But things went downhill real quick. Her father's pay was cut which his company said was to keep the factory going. Her mother then had to find a job as a dishwasher when that happened. They worked opposite shifts, never seeing each other. When around age 5, Agnes was depressed and alone because she could never spend time with her parents. They are always too tired to play with her. So with their permission, she would often visit her grandmother at a nearby bakery which was also her home. This was the one place where she could be comfortable.

For 5 years, she has been helping her grandmother where she received much needed love, always glad to help her aging grandmother at her very popular bakery. She also brought leftover bread with her to her home to help with the finances and have something to eat when her parents arrive. At age 10, her grandmother falls ill to an unknown illness. This devastated Agnes. The hospital doctors could not figure out what she contracted and placed her in ICU till they know. After a few nights of crying and praying her grandmother gets well, she resolved to study medicine to find a way to get her grandmother better.

For 6 years, she has been dedicated to her intense studies. Volunteering at nursing homes when they were short handed. She also went to the Red Cross hospitals to help anyway she can. Some students at her school make fun of her or just stay away from her. She didn't have any friends, didn't go out, she just studied and volunteering, taking breaks every now and again. When she was finally beat from all the work, she decided it would be best to take a walk at a nearby park.

After a full week of visiting the park during the summer, Agnes felt rejuvenated. She visited the hospital once more, to check on her grandma's condition. She knew the result the doctors were going to say. "Nothing has changed Agnes. I'm sorry." This was not the case. Her condition worsened. Her vitals were dropping, brain activity was just enough to keep her heart pumping, not by much though. At this moment, she went to what she was sure to be her death bed and prayed for 4 straight hours, begging and pleading with God to heal her of her illness. Her last words before sleeping "Dear God, please, I am down on my knees. I don't have the strength to take my grandmother's death. I beg of you, please, heal her oh God. Please.... please..." then cries till she went to sleep.

When she wakes up, she finds herself in a strange room on a bed. She still had her clothes on. She assumed she was just picked up and put in here by the hospital crew. She goes through the drawers to find some fresh clothes and possibly a shower. The clothes she finds is rather unusual, having never seen these type before. They were rather old. She'll wear them till her clothes get cleaned. She goes to find a shower. It looked like any other shower thankfully. She cleans up, put on the clothes, and goes to the window and opens the blinds. Now she knew something was wrong, she wasn't in a hospital at all, she was in an apartment, and the city she saw was nothing like the one where the hospital was at. Looking around some more in the room, she couldn't recognize any of the characters written on the calender.

She leaves the room and finds her clothes match everyone in the room. When they spoke, she was surprised to find that she could understand them, even though it was not English. She finds out she is no longer on Earth, but on a planet called Malachor. The outside bells rang, the citizens said it was time for the Colonel Tobin's morning praise and worship. This makes Agnes greatly uncomfortable. They get close to the site and everyone there was bowing at some statue. She decides to get out of here. With everyone around her still upright, she begins slowly walk backwards. When she gets close the back, the authorities see her and move to apprehend her.

Thank goodness she did cardiovascular exercise while she was studying knowing it's good for her. She has ran quite a distance, the streets were empty but the authorities were catching up. She can't out run them, she turns a corner to lose them. It's a dead end. Turns around and gets a good look at their face. They were nothing like the citizens on this planet. They were alien, no, a mix of aliens. Now believing she's doomed, she backs into a corner and begins to cry. Someone came from behind them and managed to take down the creatures, sustaining some injuries, nothing major. The face of this person was a human. But looked different from the others she seen. Accidently going back to english, she said "Umm... Thank you."

"You speak english? You sound like the British troops back home."
"Well, yes. I'm from Britain. I'm Agnes Young."
"I'm Private James Logan of the US army. Ouch..."
Logan puts a hand over the wound.
"Let me take a look at that."
"You're young, like you'll know what to do."
Ignoring him, Agnes looked at James' wound.
"It's not too bad, nothing vital has been damaged."
Looking around, Agnes finds a few things to patch it up. She works fast knowing more police could show up real soon.
"Done, don't move it too much, I wasn't able to do much for it."
"Wow, for someone so young, you know quite a bit. Okay, praising over. We've got to get out of this city. On my way down, I found a forest mountain. We can go there for a while."
"Okay."
They head towards the forest. They get there without begin detected.

Things she should know from her studies:
-Wide range of diseases and cures to many of them
-Some knowledge of herbal medicine
-Plant medicine match that of many natives
-Knows how to treat injuries from large cuts to jungle rot to broken/fractured bones.
-Excels in nutritional information
Midknight74012

Postby Midknight74012 » Sat May 29, 2010 9:09 pm

You know, I'm still waiting for any reviews on this latest post. XPManga, I know you can hear me. Any reason you're not taking any PMs anymore?
Midknight74012

Postby choklit » Sun May 30, 2010 4:47 pm

I think I like Agnes; she seems hardworking and diligent. Are there any flaws in her character? And her role would be caretaker, I suppose?
Her meeting seems to be just a little suspicious. I can see how believable it would be to take care of a stranger, especially a fellow human in a strange environment, but she just tags along with him to a mountain,with no hesitation or suspicion? She doesn't seem to be that naive, not with her maturity. And as determined as she is, wouldn't she want to explore her surroundings a bit, to see things for herself?
I dunno, that's just how think of it, you might be going with a totally different vibe.
choklit

Postby Midknight74012 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:47 pm

Well well now, payday is coming soon and it ought to have enough money for me to begin my research once again and start putting some more serious thoughts on this. I don't know where to start in my list of subjects:

Atheism
Buddhism
Medieval Knights
Native Americans
Psychology of warriors (WWII soldiers)
African Tribes and their warrior cultures

which one should I start with? That is the question
Midknight74012

Previous

Return to New Projects and Ideas