Christian-centric Doujinshi?

Projects or project ideas in the works

Christian-centric Doujinshi?

Postby onecool_girl » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:37 pm

Hello,

I am not an artist (or at least not a very good one ^^;), (my part would probably be a written short story ^^; ) but I was wondering if anyone on here would be interested in helping me create a doujinshi (still trying to figure out which series/video game >_< ).

I have no experience with this, but there are not that many english doujinshi (let alone "clean" ones).
One of the ideas I am thinking of is a romance/story-centric (non-gag, non-yaoi, etc.) based around Howl's Moving Castle.

Would anyone be interested in this if I was able to get this started and published?
onecool_girl

Postby Song_of_Storms » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:37 pm

[SIZE="1"]A non-yaoi Doujinshi in itself would be a miracle. >w<

I like your idea, though. I'd love to help, but I unfortunatly have the artistic talent of a dead goldfish. >.>;;

Still, you shouldn't give up~! [/SIZE]
ImageImage ImageImageImage
Song_of_Storms

Postby onecool_girl » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:20 pm

Song_of_Storms (post: 1350650) wrote:[SIZE="1"]A non-yaoi Doujinshi in itself would be a miracle. >w<

I like your idea, though. I'd love to help, but I unfortunatly have the artistic talent of a dead goldfish. >.>]

I could point you in the direction of some fairly clean English doujinshi ^-^

I know what you mean about the artistic talent ^^; I wish I had some, unfortunately I can only take pics, cosplay and write (maybe I could encorporate some of that into the doujinshi XD ).

I will do my best :D
onecool_girl

Postby ScalpelFactory » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:25 am

I'm an art major, and I love to draw. However, I'm finishing up my last year of college, and as such I will be very busy through next summer. If you still need help after that, I'm more than willing.

Until then, let's talk about how to adapt Howl's Moving Castle for the silver screen - erm, screen-toned pages. ^_^ <3 What is[are] the 'Christian-centric' aspect[s]? Who's involved in the romance? What sort of storyline will take place?

Also, don't limit yourself to just one series. Sometimes it's good to spin off in a few different directions at first and see which one gains the most creative force in the process.
-{Bifauxnen Extraordinaire}-
-{My Cosplay LJ}-
MOES - Sig heil!
WE TAKE OUR DULLAHANS PRETTY SERIOUSLY AROUND HERE.
ScalpelFactory

Postby mechana2015 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:18 am

An even more centric question (and one that could limit your artists pretty heavily)... why Howl's Moving Castle?

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby onecool_girl » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:29 am

mechana2015 (post: 1350691) wrote:An even more centric question (and one that could limit your artists pretty heavily)... why Howl's Moving Castle?

Well, I wasn't about to limit it to Howl's Moving Castle, but in the english dub of the movie they pray :sweat: (so it wouldn't be anything unusual if they went to church, or got married in a church, etc.).

ScalpelFactory (post: 1350684) wrote:I'm an art major, and I love to draw. However, I'm finishing up my last year of college, and as such I will be very busy through next summer. If you still need help after that, I'm more than willing.

Until then, let's talk about how to adapt Howl's Moving Castle for the silver screen - erm, screen-toned pages. ^_^ <3 What is[are] the 'Christian-centric' aspect[s]? Who's involved in the romance? What sort of storyline will take place?

Also, don't limit yourself to just one series. Sometimes it's good to spin off in a few different directions at first and see which one gains the most creative force in the process.

I have a feeling I won't be finished by next summer XD

I mentioned some of those Christian-centric aspects above (and other suggestions are also appreciated). I was looking at a storyline that connects the second last scene (when Howl gets his heart back and Sophie becomes young again), to when they are flying in the sky. I was thinking: marriage, and preparing their 'castle' (I never understood why they called it a castle XD). Possibly adopting Markl?

:sweat: I wasn't trying to limit myself to just one series :red: I just couldn't think of anything else at this point :shake:

I just considered this the other day, and I thought it would be a good idea to start rounding up people :forehead: was I wrong? :red:
"The truth ain't like puppies, a bunch of them running around, you pick your favorite. One truth, and it has come a knockin'." - Emerson Cod (Pushing Daisies)
onecool_girl

Postby goldenspines » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:06 am

onecool_girl (post: 1350735) wrote:Well, I wasn't about to limit it to Howl's Moving Castle, but in the english dub of the movie they pray :sweat: (so it wouldn't be anything unusual if they went to church, or got married in a church, etc.).

I have a feeling I won't be finished by next summer XD

I mentioned some of those Christian-centric aspects above (and other suggestions are also appreciated). I was looking at a storyline that connects the second last scene (when Howl gets his heart back and Sophie becomes young again), to when they are flying in the sky. I was thinking: marriage, and preparing their 'castle' (I never understood why they called it a castle XD). Possibly adopting Markl?

:sweat: I wasn't trying to limit myself to just one series :red: I just couldn't think of anything else at this point :shake:

I just considered this the other day, and I thought it would be a good idea to start rounding up people :forehead: was I wrong? :red:

Not wrong, just unprepared. ^_^

Making a project like this takes lots of time and effort to plan and execute. You just need to take the time to iron out the bumps before you get an artist. Or, get an artist that is willing to help you construct this project.

Your idea is a good one, but it needs more details and directions if you want to attract an artist to it. :)

I wish you the best of luck.
goldenspines

Postby onecool_girl » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:09 am

goldenspines (post: 1350752) wrote:Not wrong, just unprepared. ^_^

Making a project like this takes lots of time and effort to plan and execute. You just need to take the time to iron out the bumps before you get an artist. Or, get an artist that is willing to help you construct this project.

Your idea is a good one, but it needs more details and directions if you want to attract an artist to it. :)

I wish you the best of luck.

I realize this will take a lot of time, and I was kinda going to look for an artist to help me with this :sweat:

Thank-you ^-^
"The truth ain't like puppies, a bunch of them running around, you pick your favorite. One truth, and it has come a knockin'." - Emerson Cod (Pushing Daisies)
onecool_girl

Postby Song_of_Storms » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:15 pm

[quote="onecool_girl (post: 1350652)"]I could point you in the direction of some fairly clean English doujinshi ^-^
I know what you mean about the artistic talent ^^]

[size="1"]That would actually be awesome. O.O I'd appreciate it! X3[/size]
ImageImage ImageImageImage
Song_of_Storms

Postby onecool_girl » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:03 pm

Song_of_Storms (post: 1351843) wrote:[size="1"]That would actually be awesome. O.O I'd appreciate it! X3[/size]

Ones I have actually bought:

"13 Rupees" - Zelda anthology - http://anthology.mudora.com/
[may or may not be in stock, but I found it at AE 2009, so they may still have some if you contact them. It's *totally* worth it ^-^]

"Press B" - SSBB Doujinshi - http://piggyhoho.livejournal.com/55106.html
[this one isn't stock, but they will order more once they have a certain amount]

Ones I am looking at
[I emailed these people to check what kind of content is in it and/or if they have it in stock, will keep you posted]

FFVI: Dancing Mad - FFVI Doujinshi - http://www.panicpanic.com/ff6/

Haruhi no Saiban - Haruhi Suzumiya, Phoenix Wright Doujinshi - http://persona.mechafetus.com/doujin2006/index.html

One I haven't contacted:
http://jesidres.livejournal.com/129389.html
[This is because I couldn't find the contact information, and I didn't want to start a livejournal account just to contact the artist. If anyone has a livejournal accont, could you please let me know about this one? :sweat:]

Hope this helps :thumb:
onecool_girl

Postby onecool_girl » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:31 pm

Found a few more and bought one from a previously mentioned circle ;)

Ones I have actualy bought:

Sweet Pandemonium - Death Note Doujinshi - http://fresh-baked.yukizora.net/sweetpandemonium.htm
[Awesome parody of the Death Note series, there are teases for Yaoi fans that totally fake them out :P No homosexual pairings, just joking at the expense of fans of it..I think XD ] Highly recommended if you are a fan ;)

FFVI: Dancing Mad - FFVI Doujinshi - http://www.panicpanic.com/ff6/
Pretty clean, only a few suggestive homosexual pairings....but mostly just pokes fun at it all. Very nice artwork, the booklet is simple, but worth it just for the art ;)

A circle I have found:

Fresh Baked - http://fresh-baked.yukizora.net/index.htm
[Wrote the Death Note Doujinshi previously mentioned, as well as two other doujinshi: an Ouran High School Host Club one, and a Naruto one]
Note: the Naruto one is only available online ;)
Very high quality work, and so far as I know from the Death Note doujinshi pretty clean.

...I am wondering if I should post this elsewhere XD
onecool_girl

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:55 pm

Howl's Moving Castle, eh? Sounds fantastic. If you ever need help with ideas, let me know.
Jeremiah 29:11-"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
"All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players; they have their entrances and their exits and one man in his time plays many parts."-Will Shakespeare
@)}~ carry this rose in your sig, as thanks, to all the CAA Moderators
Phantom_Sorano

Postby mechana2015 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:50 pm

Oh one other thing to keep in mind (and do keep this in mind) is that America doesn't have a Doujin culture really. You mentioned publishing this, but Howl's is copywritten and you can't make money off selling it since Disney owns the rights to it. Be very careful about this if you do get into this project due to this connection, since I'm not sure what that sort of copy protection would extend to Canada, and Disney tends to protect their property pretty well.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Return to New Projects and Ideas