Writer Seeking God-Honoring Collaboration!

Projects or project ideas in the works

Writer Seeking God-Honoring Collaboration!

Postby Zoan » Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:07 am

Alright. A reason why I'm here is that I'm a writer and I feel God's been *reallyyyyyyyyy* leading me toward the manga scene as in I've started writing three stories at once in comic style and really wants to collaborate (or alternatively being a writer, can help writing any ideas that equally glorify God that any artists on here have in the works - just let me know what they are).

I'm generally flexible with my ideas but here they are (the ones that have been written in order of flexibility in regards to characters or story): :sweat:

1)
An Ouran High School Host Club/School Rumble like manga set in China where a Female Caucasian American taken to fighting has been forced as a punishment to attend a Chinese Kung Fu school (similar to one near Taizhou I have a website for). Cultural differences abound (and make for much of the jokes) and as a new Christian there's a heavy East meets West spiritual side as well (and a slight commentary on issues like that within).
Mostly Romance, Slapstick, Shoujo, Reverse Harem.
There are character and location descriptions already, though characters still unnnamed (and ready for any artist input).

2)
More similar to Hetalia Axis Powers as a short, parody with running gags. It's a parody mix between Alice in Wonderland and the Pilgrim's Progress about a 4th gen. wishy-washy Christian who finds himself stuck consistently in Vanity Fair. Excepting the first part laying out the character's spiritual journey of more than a few pages - most of the rest of it are just short jokes with a deeper commentary on the modern Christian condition.
No character or place descriptions, just names so it could become whatever the artist whims it to be. Though like the Pilgrim's Progress, the names give a lot of hint towards the nature of the places/people (which is where it is similar to it).
An additional incentive is that there's a good chance for this concept being melded into a book - not a graphic novel though - the short comics will add for reference and entertainment to a much bigger commentary.

3)

Almost Post-Apocalyptic in style it's set in the near future where three non-Christian characters after a devastating attack on their city and country by what is assumed to be 'alien forces' (but this misconception is later cleared up) find a few fragmented parts of Scripture and make up their own interpretation of it - making them warriors for these 'aliens' that they think have come to help the world - but soon after a lot of action and adventure this misconception is cleared up (like with the aliens) and there is a veryyyy big choice to make.
Characters are not set in stone for this, there's a few general character types in mind for how I wrote it but any artist OCs can easily be implemented in.

And that's it. I've written *at least* a few pages of each of these but yet am not sure if there's a specific one God wants me to focus on more than the others (I've been praying about it) - so if anyone reading this feels like reading what I've got on one of them, is led toward the idea for one of them - then I'll trust God's hand is on it. :?:

And if anyone has anything else they need help in, in the way of plot development or jokes for things they've already been working on, then let me know as well. :grin:
Zoan

Postby WhiteMage212 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:43 pm

Hey, do you think you could post a format on how to write comic style scripts? I thought I could try my hand at writing since i suck at artistry such as manga(no kidding, i can only draw crude stick like figures but i am improving).
In the beginning, God created HTML...- R. Zion
Men cry not for themselves, but for there comrades.-FF7 Crisis Core
"If it's not the gun that takes you down, it's the pen- myself
Know God, No fear.
If it doesn't fit, you must edIT! MOES. http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=43825[/URL].
WhiteMage212

Postby Zoan » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:38 am

Well I've found the software celtx @ celtx.com really helpful with formatting scripts because it does the work for you. Although I'm not a fan of using the 'pages' format because then it tells the artist too much and doesn't allow for as much artistic licence. Brevity is the key.

If you start writing anything and need criticism, an editor or a collaborator, just let me know!

- Zoan.
Zoan

Postby WhiteMage212 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:44 am

Thanks, once I catch up with my school work and get free time, I'll start writing up some ideas. So far, in my head, I thought of a anime that deals alot with high school and the longing for something to fill up the empty space inside their heart. So something kinda like touched by an angel but thier will be demons also. The angels are in the form of teenagers who would try to stop those on drugs or commitng suiside. It would deal with some kinda dark themes but I have to make sure it's realistic. I'll try to get a rough draft down in the next month or so.
In the beginning, God created HTML...- R. Zion
Men cry not for themselves, but for there comrades.-FF7 Crisis Core
"If it's not the gun that takes you down, it's the pen- myself
Know God, No fear.
If it doesn't fit, you must edIT! MOES. http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=43825[/URL].
WhiteMage212

Postby mechana2015 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:44 am

Zoan (post: 1351147) wrote:Well I've found the software celtx @ celtx.com really helpful with formatting scripts because it does the work for you. Although I'm not a fan of using the 'pages' format because then it tells the artist too much and doesn't allow for as much artistic licence. Brevity is the key.

Interestingly enough, almost every comic script I've seen has some page and even frame detailing. Some manga even may have the writer sketching out rough layouts for the artist. Leaving an artist strictly to their own can result in a freeze up as they try to frame every one of the hundreds of possible frames that go into an ongoing comic. Even rudimentary guidelines can help keep work flowing and prevent artist overload from trying to interpret pacing from the context of the conversations and action descriptions. They also can prevent (in a volume based set up) too much information being asked for in a single issue or volume, and too little in another, though this is mostly an issue when working with limited page quantities for each section of a story.

On a side note, I use Celtx for scripting and formatting and find it to be a fantastic tool for keeping track of all kinds of things. Great program.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby steenajack » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:08 pm

This looks really good Zoan! I especially love your first idea the best. If God is leading you to do this then I really hope you succeed. I'll be praying for you.
Please, feel free to check out my sites:

My Deviant Art[/color]
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
My FictionPress[/color]
My tumblr[/color] Read...fave...reblog...repeat...
steenajack

Postby AJV » Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:07 am

Those are some cool ideas. I really like your first one though. :)
[url=ajvsblog.blogspot.com]Image[/url]ImageImage
AJV

Postby starwarsboy90 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:48 am

I like your first one to a point and your third one. If I wasn't busy publishing Guardian Apprentice and Far Star Chronicles, I would love to help you. I started doing webcomics myself, but lost interest and my artistry is only in writing and not drawing. I wish you luck and pray that your project goes where God wants it to go.
starwarsboy90

Postby talitha cumi » Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:30 am

Do what your heart desires! Trust God that He will lead you.

Actually, I've been looking for Christian writers as inspirations because I'm having that frustration to be a writer someday but not in the world of anime/manga. I'm more concerned on writing a "book of advices".

Godbless you.. You can do it!
[SIZE="1"][color="DarkOrange"]somewhere between the hot and the cold
somewhere between the new and the old
somewhere between who I am and who I used to be
somewhere in the middle, You'll find me...

somewhere between the wrong and the right
somewhere between the darkness and the light
somewhere between who I was and who You're making me
[color="Lime"][SIZE="4"]LORD[/SIZE][/color], somewhere in the middle, You'll find me...

[by Casting Crowns][/color][/SIZE]
talitha cumi

Return to New Projects and Ideas