huge projects

Projects or project ideas in the works

huge projects

Postby Pent » Mon Feb 09, 2004 4:33 pm

from what i have seen on this site so far there are various manga, rpg, and i havn't seen any yet but there might be anime projects going on. from the amount of good programmers, artists, plotters, planners, and people with big ideas on here i think if everyone from each group got togather to make a huge game/series/company you guys could make a really good one. of course some one would have to present a game/series first, and ask for everyone who is in that field to work on it. then everyone would have to work on it. i know that this has never happened before, but if it does you guys could make a game/series as big as (i dont know if anyone has heard of this game) runescape or get your manga sold on Shonen Jump! and in the process lead a lot of people to Christ. if you have any ideas for a huge project like this post them on this thread.
Pent

Postby Fsiphskilm » Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:33 pm

Yea it would
Last edited by Fsiphskilm on Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm leaving CAA perminantly. i've wanted to do this for a long time but I've never gathered the courage to let go.
Fsiphskilm

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Mar 04, 2004 5:36 am

Big projects? I might have more of those than anyone. Dreaming? I hate it. Setting yourself up for a fall, basically. Were it not for the fact that I believe God may have serious plans for me, I'd give up entirely.

Never the less, I'll mention a few of my outstanding dreams.

The Fall- I can be patient on this one. Ideally, I'd work on getting it published in the Japanese Shonen Jump, and eventually animated. Translation to English would be rather easy. This is my largest project.

Pilgrim's Progress- not necessarily mine, but I write most of it. If Tokyopop were to print this, I'd be happy...

Tic Tac Toe Joe- not even explicitly Christian, but it's still more or less a project of mine (and Ann's... this is an example of two people working together, Volt). We'll see about the scope of this one.
uc pseudonym

Postby JediSonic » Thu Mar 04, 2004 10:36 am

Hey I remember tic-tac-toe joe!

I wanna see that one so bad!
JediSonic

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Mar 04, 2004 10:43 am

Patience. Don't pressure Ann about it, she'll do it on her own time (and probably enjoy it more due to this). I will give her a warning, however: the longer it takes the more good ideas I get and the longer it becomes. Not that this is necessarily a bad thing.

But this subject should not absorb this thread. Let us speak of other projects more related to Christianity (though humor is Christian).

I feel that the numerical value of this post is fitting. My first post on this site was offering to help with various projects. So be it here.
uc pseudonym

Postby Mave » Thu Mar 04, 2004 1:23 pm

uc pseudonym wrote:Big projects? I might have more of those than anyone. Dreaming? I hate it. Setting yourself up for a fall, basically. Were it not for the fact that I believe God may have serious plans for me, I'd give up entirely.

Hey UC, having dreams is always a good thing. Eventhough things don't go the way we want it to (faster, smoother, more resources, time bla bla), it's always a blessing to have lotsa ideas in our craniums. I'd rather have ideas overload in my brain than permanent artists' block. :grin: Everything is well according to God's timing.
Mave

Postby Fsiphskilm » Thu Mar 04, 2004 6:02 pm

[quote="uc p
I'm leaving CAA perminantly. i've wanted to do this for a long time but I've never gathered the courage to let go.
Fsiphskilm

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Mar 05, 2004 5:25 am

Volt wrote:Oh that Tic tac toe cult guy I can't beleive you actualy got that off the gorund. I salute you

"Actually got that off the ground" Pff... this is one of my better projects. Also, one of the few that has an extremely good chance of being complete. Unless Ann dies or something else drastic happens...

Mave wrote:Hey UC, having dreams is always a good thing. Eventhough things don't go the way we want it to (faster, smoother, more resources, time bla bla), it's always a blessing to have lotsa ideas in our craniums. I'd rather have ideas overload in my brain than permanent artists' block. :grin: Everything is well according to God's timing.

All in all, I am grateful that I have numerous ideas, and I'm thankful for the creativity that I have been given. But surrendering to God's timing is comforting only if you believe God seriously has plans for whatever you are working on. I'd like to believe so, but I'm not going to speak for God so quickly. Then again, that is the reason that I have any hope.
uc pseudonym

Postby Zarn Ishtare » Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:22 pm

Yeah, I don't think anyone would make create a super group around here unless Ashley told them too...Which she'd never do, being the wonderful person she is. I agree though, I Think we should work together, have an Official project, one at a time, stuff like that is smart...but Only if the very best people with alot of pull come together and say to the rest of us, "Hey, lets do this!"..It needs to be an Official Progect.........hm..
With your doubt, all is comfort
We are all as we appear
No more questions left unanswered
No more wonder, no more fear
Nothing is beauty, nothing's feeling
Blood where there once was a soul
So I ask you, prove yourself
Make me believe that you are whole
Zarn Ishtare

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:26 pm

Pilgrim's Progress is the official project. It has its own forum. We need artists. If you're serious about helping with an official project, serve as an artist or get artists.
uc pseudonym

Postby Zarn Ishtare » Sat Mar 06, 2004 10:17 am

I think Pilgrims progress wasn't the best Idea for Source matieral, UC...after all, How many people have even read the book? I read it, but didn't finish it becuase it was boring...If you want an official progect, you need to have somthing that people can get enthuesastic about. If you are set of PP, then you need to hype it up, make it look cool, you know...Go on about how cool it would be for those who helped, I dunno, maybe give them official jobs, as Regular artists, not just as freelancers. You need more structure, man...and that looks lacking.It might not even be the right time for any kind of progect, as people seem to just want to hang out rather than do somthing strenous and hard. I'd suggest to you that if you are commited to this thing, then Structure it. Make it somthing exclusivse. People go nuts trying to join clubs or groups they think Exclusive. Try somthing other than just hanging it out there. I highly admire the fact your heading this and trying to create a ministry with such potential, but I think you need to get more Structure, or else any progect you attempt will bottom up. I've seen projects and groups and such fall becuase of a lack of structure. You just need to follow through with the second wave, you just need to to keep it flowing, or it will freeze up...just some friendly advice. I've seen things like this die without proper structure...Its not so much different from running a group or a faction, like I did a year or so ago...
We are all as we appear
Zarn Ishtare

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Mar 06, 2004 11:57 am

http://www.christiananime.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6146

That's the plot so far. Does it strike you as boring? Also, we assume that people haven't read the book. However, those who have will get a few nice allusions.

There's more structure than you might think. On my Pilgrim's Progress folder on my home computer, at least, there is a great deal of structure.
uc pseudonym

Postby Mave » Sat Mar 06, 2004 1:29 pm

If not many ppl know about PP and don't find it interesting when reading the literature itself, then one of the objectives would be making it more interesting by creating a visual graphic form. (that was the only way to get me to read classic literature ^^).

This reminds me of my ex-youth ministry. Too few people handling everything. And yet, I will not be discouraged by that. Seriously, Zarn or any other members out there reading this, would you like to help with the project? Structure is a lot easier to form once we have volunteers who are serious about helping out.
Mave

Postby Zarn Ishtare » Sat Mar 06, 2004 1:32 pm

I'd love to help..But theres nothing I can do for PP, since UC pmed me he had it covered, cept for artists....
We are all as we appear
Zarn Ishtare

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Mar 06, 2004 2:19 pm

Let us not become sidetracked about just Pilgrim's Progress, necessarily. This thread has other purposes.

Mave is correct, volunteers do make things much easier. Zarn is first on the list if anything becomes necessary.

Let me reiterate: this version of Pilgrim's Progress will be competative with much other manga, entertainment-wise. It was never out intention to make a graphic format of the exact story, rather, to make an interesting format.

And though one person shouldn't have to do everything, at times only a few people are necessary to handle everything.
uc pseudonym

Postby Mithrandir » Sun Mar 07, 2004 3:56 pm

Hmm. I didn't find it boring when I read it... Hmm...

[rant] You young wipper-snappers just don't have no decent imaginations, gall darn a blemit![/rant]

:sweat:
Mithrandir

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Mar 08, 2004 5:39 am

Never have such words been said that rang of such mumblemumble.

Does anyone have any big projects to discuss other than PP? Really, that wasn't the intent of this thread.
uc pseudonym

Postby Saint Kevin » Mon Mar 08, 2004 3:59 pm

Without making this into a shameless plug, I thought that a sincere effort to read the bible together was a worthy project that is relatively small in effort, but incalculable in benefit. I am reading through Genesis right now with Ashley and Enthralled. We read chapters 1-10 last week, and will have read through chapters 11-20 by this friday. If anyone wants to join in, feel free to PM me so that I can keep you accountable and also send you my pastor's study if you request it.
Our lives are but a vapor, let us not let waste our time and breath on vanities, but let us spend ourselves for the Kingdom, seeking a better resurrection.

Preaching the Bad News

My Live Journal
Saint Kevin

Postby Pent » Tue Mar 09, 2004 5:21 pm

I havn't been on in a while! Last time I was here this thread had 0 replies! I was really knew when I made this thread to.
Pent

Postby Pent » Tue Mar 09, 2004 5:28 pm

Let me add to that last reply. In other words I had no idea what I was talking about.
Pent

Postby Fsiphskilm » Tue Mar 09, 2004 8:05 pm

[quote="uc pseudo
Fsiphskilm

Postby Mave » Tue Mar 09, 2004 8:23 pm

What about Kaldris? Is that a big CAA project as well?

Let's try to be more encouraging, ppl.
Mave

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:16 am

The status of Kaldris is a bit confusing at the moment, as it's Straylight's project. It may be linked to CAA, but it isn't directly a Christian work. Then again, that's all fluid. I wouldn't want to make a definitive statement.

Good job. <-- [random encouragement]
uc pseudonym

Postby Mave » Wed Mar 10, 2004 1:28 pm

uc pseudonym wrote:The status of Kaldris is a bit confusing at the moment, as it's Straylight's project. It may be linked to CAA, but it isn't directly a Christian work. Then again, that's all fluid. I wouldn't want to make a definitive statement.

I see, but weren't you computer guys (no offense, my fried brain just doesn't know how to describe the group any better at the moment...^^) discussing about some game project or something in another thread? The one that included BobtheDuck, I think...*shakes head* My memory fails me...again.

Good job. <-- [random encouragement]

LOL...I wasn't reserving my previous statement for you UC, but thanks.
Mave

Return to New Projects and Ideas