Project Mejika

Projects or project ideas in the works

Postby Doe Johnson » Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:14 pm

Katrina wrote:Our opening will have a person walking amongst statues, the statues being those hard of heart and unwilling to see God. As this person walks, they witness someone talking to a dark figure (representing Sin) and then suddenly this person turning to stone. But they also see some changing back into moldable humans again. (Possibly, they may also be struggling with themselves and seeing their hand or foot change.) This first episode is the dream sequence of the main character.

I thought the dream was just the opening sequence, not the whole first episode...did I interpret the convo wrong?

EDIT: Or do you mean first ep by it is the practice animation?
The #1 Fan of mastersquirrel's Voice!

In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real men, women were real women and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri. - Douglas Adams
I smell cinnamon roll-y!!

You fight like a dairy farmer!
The Giver of Quality Hugs
I felt a great bump in the Thread, as if millions of posts suddenly bumped in terror and were suddenly silenced.

No - My birthday isn't really on the Ides of March, but that is the fake date I use everywhere on the Internet.
Adopted: ishy

the cc is special ground, cc's provide protection to all who seek shelter there, no violence can be done in a cower corner - it is known
Doe Johnson

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:15 am

It really depends what we mean by "episode." A typical web animation might be 2-4 minutes long, though I've seen some that nearly reach 20. One "half-hour" episode of anime is generally about 24 minutes, including the closing and opening themes.

Either way, we start out with the stones sequence.

ChristianRonin wrote:Can this idea even be summed up into one episode? That is what worries me too...

I don't really think so. It could be addressed, certainly, but not truly done well.
uc pseudonym

Postby ChristianKitsune » Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:52 pm

If need be..I can write my story out and POSSIBLY make it a good 15-20 minute....or it can be short...

my intention was there to be a lot of confusion (for the character at first) maybe to start out with everything all great..but maybe make the scenery change slightly as the episode goes on...

maybe have the character wind up lost? (Lost in sin and doubt) I dunno... just a thought I will look more into it after I finish my homework.
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby rocklobster » Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:52 pm

Thanks for taking my idea! Anyway, I got a better name for your outer space story: "First Contact". Yeah, it sounds like Star Trek, but that'd be a great model if you did it right.
rocklobster

Postby Naga Kisaki » Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:24 pm

:( So, no one likes my idea?

Oh, You'd better be afraid, Darkalicious bishonen villans! Your mine!
Naga Kisaki

Postby starwarsboy90 » Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:51 pm

"First Contact is definitly Star Trek, think of something else maybe?" * Questions his own question*. It should be something original at least!
starwarsboy90

Postby rocklobster » Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:53 am

starwarsboy90 wrote:"First Contact is definitly Star Trek, think of something else maybe?" * Questions his own question*. It should be something original at least!

Hm. How About "Maiden Voyage"?
rocklobster

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:49 am

For clarification, everyone, The aliens don't really have powers like the Trinity. And they are more humanoid than the "Green Alien" look. At least that was the plan. I think they will have some distinguishing features that will set them apart from humans, though...

As far as titles go, this takes place at an "Interspecies" School. (that's the best I could discribe it, be it that there will be different "Humanoid" species, and humans there as well... so maybe that will help if we want to decide on a title...
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:42 am

Everyone, please keep in mind that we should decide what we are doing above all. I personally move that we develop a 2-3 minute flash based on the Stones idea. If we can do that, then perhaps it would be time to begin considering everything overall.

Naga Kisaki wrote:So, no one likes my idea?

No one expressed any dislike about it, actually, but for some reason it just didn't capture anyone's interest. From the beginning everyone was more focused on different ideas. Don't take it as anything against you. If you want my feelings on it send me a PM.
uc pseudonym

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:48 pm

I agree with UC. We need to begin planning everything out.
ChristianRonin, I think the aliens should be humaniod (like discussed) but also a little imaginative so we can use our imaginations a little in designing them.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:28 pm

Warrior 4 Jesus wrote:I agree with UC. We need to begin planning everything out.
ChristianRonin, I think the aliens should be humaniod (like discussed) but also a little imaginative so we can use our imaginations a little in designing them.

Right, that's what I was saying.^^; I said but make them a little different to set them a part form humans... (I myself, am designing a human...soo I have no say in what the aliens look like...but the character designers have discussed this.. Sorry for the confusion, W4J but we were saying the same things...-.- I just made my words more confusing than they should have been....
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:44 pm

No problems matie! I fully understand you now.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby chibiphonebooth » Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:49 am

i had some ideas for aliens.. at least my alien. she has feathers for hair, and some sort of horns. :D

and cool colorful eyes. ^^
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:28 am

Can't wait to see what you guys come up with! I am drawing the girl right now..

(I THINK MY ARTIST'S BLOCK IS FINALLY BROKEN!!!)
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby chibiphonebooth » Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:59 pm

im drawing the girl too! er the alien girl. ^^ shes a happy, hyper, cheerful one. :p
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:47 pm

Please do post character designs here when you have them; writing is difficult without characters. But with that having been said, what have we decided regarding our current focus on the project?
uc pseudonym

Postby Mave » Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:19 pm

I'm mostly concerned with time duration as it would dictate the storyplot. Has a decision been made about that?

I did receive PMs from some of you but need some time to give a proper response. I also have a hard time participating in chats but designating something on a weekly basis helps me to plan ahead.
Mave

Postby Rjdreamer » Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:21 pm

My character design is done, I just can't post it till tommorrow. I have had two full days where I was booked solid, then I got sick. :P I couldn't even get out of the bed without getting dizzy. And now my scanner, which has been giving me trouble, has simply refused to work. So, I am going to the church tommorrow and borrowing their computer to get the design online. :thumb:
(\_/)
(O.o) Copy The Bunny Into Your Sig
(> <) Help Him Achieve World Domination...

Lee: "I never want to see the tears of an important person again...So, I will never lose again, Gai sensei!"

To do evil that good may come of it is for bunglers.~William Penn

Hiei: "As much as I hate the humans, I think I loathe the tourists even more.

"Everything you say is TEDIOUS!!!"~Sesshoumaru-sama

Never post faster than your guardian angel can read.

Life is fragile, handle with prayer.

I have a Savior and i'm not afraid to use Him!
Rjdreamer

Postby chibiphonebooth » Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:29 pm

ill try to post either tomarrow or on monday... i wanna get her colored. :p

what color should the aliens be? are they all the same color.. different color.. skin color... or what?
ImageImageImage

chibiphonebooth

Postby rii namuras » Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:57 pm

(I already PMed Doe, but I'd like to go ahead and post here as well. I, and possibly my business partner Miss Mollie Cline, can aid with character design, *possibly* animation and writing, and most definatly voice acting. I'm probably most qualified with VA - I live in a family of actors, and have plenty of experience.)

(I'm afraid I'm not available for IM unless you want to drive down to Florida or a debate tournament and meet me. CAA chat, however, is fine.)
rii namuras

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:16 pm

Are there any limits as to what the aliens should look like about from being humanoid? I want to have a blue skinned alien if that's okay.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:25 pm

Great Ree! We do need some characters designs, though I think we have people already squared away. We MIGHt need another Alien though, pending Mave's repsponce.

Other Cahracter designers. I just need to ink and color my character...and I am trying to be as original as I can with my human! She has duel colored hair, so I guess what I am trying to say, Go for you blue skinned ppl (I was kinda hoping for something like that! ^_^ this is gonna rawk!)

As long as they have "Souls" it's good. lol considereing they ARE christians..aren't they?
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby chibiphonebooth » Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:46 pm

can mine have like.. orange or yellow skin or something? cause shes really peppy. :D
ImageImageImage

chibiphonebooth

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:27 am

I think most things for alien character design will be accepted. In all honesty, it doesn't really make sense to have them be humanoid*, so you can throw logic to the winds.

*Unless we postulate something such as that the conditions for life are so specific that they can only give rise to fairly homogenous intelligent life, or something to do with God creating in his image, though I don't think that passage refers to physical shape.

ChristianRonin wrote:As long as they have "Souls" it's good. lol considereing they ARE christians..aren't they?

That has been our assumption, and I think the vast difference between cultures in a religious context has a great deal of possibility. But some could have other beliefs.
uc pseudonym

Postby rii namuras » Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:50 am

Great Ree! We do need some characters designs, though I think we have people already squared away. We MIGHt need another Alien though, pending Mave's repsponce.

(Wonderful. Just give me a call when you need something. Or just post here. That works to.)

(Random note: I'll be gone three out of four weeks in March for teh debate tourneys! And several weeks in April, as well. I'll be drawing all the while (I draw a lot at tourneys, helps me relax), so I don't think it'll be a problem, and I'll be hijaking various computers depending upon who I'm with. So it may not be a problem at all, but just a heads up.)
rii namuras

Postby ChristianKitsune » Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:48 am

uc pseudonym wrote:I think most things for alien character design will be accepted. In all honesty, it doesn't really make sense to have them be humanoid*, so you can throw logic to the winds.

*Unless we postulate something such as that the conditions for life are so specific that they can only give rise to fairly homogenous intelligent life, or something to do with God creating in his image, though I don't think that passage refers to physical shape.

That has been our assumption, and I think the vast difference between cultures in a religious context has a great deal of possibility. But some could have other beliefs.

well, UPC this is what I (with an emphasis on "I")

I said humanoid because it doesn't make much sense to have an animal alien be a christian...to me at least,(and I am talkinga bout the 4 main aliens) however, I did say that they can be as creative as they like. (Chibi's has feathers for hair as a great example...)

I also figured that people could relate more if they WERE humanoid...

HOWEVER! There CAN be other aliens that look WAY different that humans..as said I was mainly talking about the 4 main ones.

Again, I am not in charge...you and Doe are UPC, I was just putting in advice...-.- sorry...
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby Rjdreamer » Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:46 pm

Alright, my character is done! The black and white one is more detail, while the color one was simply just to give people the colors. Sorry that it isn't photoshop material, my computer stinks. :sweat:

In reply to the non-humanoid alian idea, I drew this the day after the meeting so this wasn't even an issue than. And for the argument that humanoid aliens wouldn't make sense, that isn't realy true. If God designs all creatures, than it wouldn't be out of the question for him to have all intelectual beings have similer features. The only reason for the alien to have drastically differant features would be if their planet had a atmosphere like Jupiter or Venus, and I doub intelligent aliens live on those planets, so I think we are dealing with planets outside this solar system. Also, God designed planet earth to support life, so why shouldn't he do the same with the planets our alens come from?

Now that I had my say (I really don't want to draw another alien, I grew attached to this one) here is the bio of my alien.

Name: Beika Fulow
Abilities: Due to the shape of his races ears, they can pick up more easily the different pitches of animal vocalization, thus giving them a limited understanding of what animals are saying. This does not carry into human languages, as those are not based on basic pitches, lengths, and noise of animals.
Personality: He takes great time to admire even the most basic of creation, often exitedly talking to friends for an hour on the design of a simple leaf.
This carries into almost everything he does, and because of this he often knows details others miss. He can get rather smug when he is right, often bragging about it for a good ten minutes after the fact. He is the joker, trying to get people to loosen up and enjoy the simple things.

*edit(I lost this part of the bio, I had it written somewhere and couldn't find it)* He seeks God actively, mostly through observing nature, as his race empahsizes on the importance of God's creation, even something as simple as the leaf.

All this is basic stuff, as I wasn't sure how much to make concrete. If you guys need more info, then I will gladly put more info up. ^_^

BTW, the bottom face is his most commonly used 'anime face'. It is the face he gets when he, and everyone else, realizes he is right and then he starts bragging.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
(\_/)

Lee: "I never want to see the tears of an important person again...So, I will never lose again, Gai sensei!"

Rjdreamer

Postby ChristianKitsune » Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:17 pm

OK! HEre is the human girl that attends the school.

Name: Corean Andrews (pronounced Co-ree-an)
Personality: Nice when she wants to be. She can be quite cruel too. Her heart isn't exactly "Godly" due to the fact that she isn't a Christian.

I too, wasn't sure how concrete we wanted this...I will work on that too. I will also post more expressions when I have time to draw them. (which I hope will be by the end of the week.) this was just a basic post of her features.

See you guys at 9 EST! ^_^
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby Rjdreamer » Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:36 pm

You have better body drawing skills and shading skills than I. I only had a limited ammount of coloured pencils, and no money, so I couldn't do anything except the basic color. I also need to work more on the body poses, I have only been seriously practicing them for a couple months, being better at head shots since I have praticed them for about a year. Your character is really cool, Christian Ronin!
(\_/)

Rjdreamer

Postby Doe Johnson » Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:56 pm

Hey all, the meeting is starting now!
The #1 Fan of mastersquirrel's Voice!

In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real men, women were real women and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri. - Douglas Adams
I smell cinnamon roll-y!!

You fight like a dairy farmer!
The Giver of Quality Hugs
I felt a great bump in the Thread, as if millions of posts suddenly bumped in terror and were suddenly silenced.

No - My birthday isn't really on the Ides of March, but that is the fake date I use everywhere on the Internet.
Adopted: ishy

the cc is special ground, cc's provide protection to all who seek shelter there, no violence can be done in a cower corner - it is known
Doe Johnson

Previous Next

Return to New Projects and Ideas