What Manga are you reading?

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Re: What Manga are you reading?

Postby CinniScrib » Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:02 pm

Kuroshitsuji 94

Noragami 42
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Yato is such a creeper!! HAH! Omgosh that dream and poor Hiyori! Poor Daikoku! He just wanted to be a dad 8(

Fairy Tail 389

Isshuuken Friends 18
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: UUUGH I hate petty girls/guys who are like "don't make a move he/she's MINE"

CinniScrib

Postby GeneD » Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:25 pm

Read a bunch of Sengoku Youko lately, even though the death flags were going up like rockets SPOILER: Highlight text to read: what with all the talk of naming babies after her, I was still shocked and sad over Shakugan's death.
GeneD

Postby CinniScrib » Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:26 pm

Magi 230

Magi - Sinbad no Bouken 27.9
Literally just one panel sketches from the upcoming chapter.

Nanatsu no Taizai 82

CinniScrib

Postby Mullet Death » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:36 pm

Been reading それでも町は廻っている on Crunchyroll. It's a delightful little comic that I'd recommend to anyone. Nothing really offensive to speak of and plenty of laughs and believable, lovable characters.

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby MangaRocks! » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:00 pm

Akagami no Shirayuki-hime chapters 44-55: YAY MASS UPDATE! :jump: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Okay, random thoughts on all of this in the order I got them as I was reading: Aw, I thought the thing that Mitsuhide was going to tell Kiki would be something else, LOL. :shady: :P :) Anyway, tease aside, LOL, there *was* that sweet little Kiki x Mitsuhide moment afterwards (and which was actually confirmed in a later chapter anyway {YES!!! :jump: }... *ahem*, I mean, more on that later ;) ). Speaking of Kiki, I really like the relationship she and her father have :grin: , and her new hairstyle, as well. :thumb: The tea chapter: That was so cute. :grin: As for the arranged 'date'-- bwahaha, that was clever of Zen to pick Kiki off of the list. :grin: And via that-- OH MY GOSH YES KIKI X MITSUHIDE CONFIRMED!! :jump: (And she'll be the one proposing to him, no less! <3 ) Yeah, I think you can tell that I was pretty happy about that, LOL. :thumb: Oh, and then Zen getting his brother to allow him to move Shirayuki into the castle, and Izana basically saying that she's worthy... <3 And speaking of Shirayuki now, I've always liked how quietly strong she is-- and the way she handled that extremely rude comment was fantastic. (I also found it really hilarious how that dude just *kept* on getting owned multiple times afterwards, too, LOL! :lol: ) And the little extra with younger Zen/Mitsuhide/Kiki was hilariously adorable. <3 :lol: As for Izana's coronation: Wow, I was not expecting that this soon. It was awesome, though, especially because of the sweetness between the brothers (and also Shirayuki). :) And while the 'transfer' thing at the end of the most recent chapter wasn't necessarily something I was expecting, I like the fact that this series has been rather realistic in showing the responsibilities Zen and Shirayuki not only must, but want, to juggle along with their relationship to fulfill their goals.

Karneval chapter 80: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: So, as I thought-- either it's not Yotaka, or it somehow *is* him, but just mind-wiped or something. (Also: Yogi. <3 )

Kamisama Kiss, a.k.a. Kamisama Hajimemashita, chapter 113: ...Huh. Actually, I was not expecting that SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Mizuki would go back with Nanami, even after he was 'freed.' At least he promised to visit, though. :) Also: Loved the romance at the end. <3

Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii chapters 19-20: ROTFL, Bardo... :forehead: :lol: And the former of the two chapters had some nice, sweet romance in it, too. <3 (I love this adorable couple. :hug: ) As for the second of the chapters: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Yikes. *That* went well... :sweat:

Spirit Circle chapter 24: Oh man, the feels. Every... single... time. (This mangaka does indeed have a gift. :) ) SPOILER: Highlight text to read: It's interesting how both Lafalle and Lapis' 'fantasy' daydreams (as well as Lafalle's 'rain dream') are (or were, I should say, considering we're in a flashback here :) ) actually, more and more, becoming true glimpses of their memories of their other lives (even including some new glimpses that hadn't yet been shown in the series until now). That 'vision' Lafalle had when he finally got to the cases, though, man... :sniffle: (Hence my earlier comment about the feels.) Also, as for that cliffhanger: Whoa-- I was certainly not expecting that...!

Taiyou no Ie chapter 44: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Heh, Mao's homecoming was so cute. :) Also, her telling Hiro to 'tell her tomorrow' was pretty amusing (at first). *Not* amusing, though, was the end of the chapter... :shady: :bootout:

And Arisa vol.'s 11-12 (end): For some reason it took forever for my library to get the last two volumes of this series. Anyway, well... let's just say that the end of this series was... interesting. :eyebrow: Now, in its favor, SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Midori was actually unhinged for good reason. On the other hand, while I can usually maintain a quite healthy level of 'suspension of disbelief,' several things here at the end of this story actually managed to break it. :shady: The first thing was that the cops at that summit were quite literally the lamest ones I've ever seen in media, LOL. :eyeroll: :forehead: :sweat: The second thing was the reveal that SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Kudo/Midori's 'murder' of that criminal a while back had actually been faked, which seemed like a bit of a cop-out by the mangaka (for multiple reasons). :shady: And, finally, the whole Arisa/Midori 'love' thing actually (supposedly) being 'real'... ugh. :shake: I mean, don't get me wrong-- I'm a Christian, so obviously I'm all for 'love saves' in stories, and it's usually quite moving to me, too. It's just that in this *particular* case, Midori didn't seem to understand the depth of his mental/psychological illness (or that he really even had any, for that matter!), nor how evil his actions were (faked criminal murder aside, he certainly had no qualms whatsoever about inducing all of that other stuff with the other students, nor murdering Arisa's mother for real {or at least trying to}-- and he only later regretted trying to kill her merely because that 'wasn't what Arisa wanted,' not because murder of any sort is horribly wrong :pikka: ), nor does he really change in the slightest, either... so their relationship (plus everyone-- the mother included!-- just accepting it as if all of that's perfectly normal or something :pikka: ) just ends up being kinda disturbing instead. :pikka: So yeah, IDK, it was kind-of a weird ending... :shady:
Saved by grace.

MAL (Anime) - MAL (Manga) - MAL (Profile)

(^ And if you also have a MAL account, please feel free to send me a friend request there! :) )
MangaRocks!

Postby CinniScrib » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:53 am

Naruto 682

Bleach 586

Koe no Katachi 42
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: OMGSHSHSHOAHDOHA! SHOKO TRIED TO KILL HERSELF! Both her and Ishida! OMGSH. First him and now her! Thank goodness he went after her thanks to her sister's meddling! BUT STILL. She's still over the railing and he's pulling her against gravity! Not at good way to end the chapter! o_O I can't wait for the next chapter *grabs a paperbag and breathes into it*

Kingdom Hearts II ch. 46-50

CinniScrib

Postby GeneD » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:35 am

CinniScrib wrote:Koe no Katachi 42
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: OMGSHSHSHOAHDOHA! SHOKO TRIED TO KILL HERSELF! Both her and Ishida! OMGSH. First him and now her! Thank goodness he went after her thanks to her sister's meddling! BUT STILL. She's still over the railing and he's pulling her against gravity! Not at good way to end the chapter! o_O I can't wait for the next chapter *grabs a paperbag and breathes into it*

Oh my gosh, this so much! SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I totally didn't see that coming, but it's not really surprising, given the things Shoko has been saying about herself the last few chapters. Next week can't come soon enough.
GeneD

Postby CinniScrib » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:37 pm

GeneD wrote:
CinniScrib wrote:Koe no Katachi 42

Oh my gosh, this so much! SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I totally didn't see that coming, but it's not really surprising, given the things Shoko has been saying about herself the last few chapters. Next week can't come soon enough.

AAAAAH SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Seriously! But I didn't think she'd JUMP! She obviously was feeling down as Ishida tried to cheer her up. I thought she was just sad/mad about it (though she doesn't seem like the type to get really mad, and she knows how Ishida is trying). Especially after her sister told her what went down and she said "nothing good comes from being around me" just... it's a long time coming. 8( Girl needs some self-esteem boosting and to learn that she can't be responsible for how others act! But it's so hard!
To make my nail biting worse someone said they saw the raws of the chapter and it just gets more intense/sad. LIKE. WHAT.

Fairy Tail 390
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I feel like it's a Star Wars moment of "I am your father" "NOOOO" But the vessel thing makes sense. BUT DELIORA. Of course! DON'T DIE GRAY! I will flip a table if Juvia ends up sacrificing herself for him, playing into the "die for my love" trope that plagues love-infatuated women characters.

CinniScrib

Postby KazeShiki » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:20 pm

Koe no Katachi 42 got one of the most emotional reactions out of me from reading manga in a long time.
"It was then that I found the darkness in my heart, but I wanted to become a strong person who didn't yield to such weakness." - Nana Mizuki
KazeShiki

Postby CinniScrib » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:18 am

Nanatsu no Taizai 83
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: The final Sin is there! Merlin! Well it was obvious she was there as Arthur came and Merlin and Arthur go hand in hand. But now we finally see her!

KazeShiki wrote:Koe no Katachi 42 got one of the most emotional reactions out of me from reading manga in a long time.

I KNOW REALLY! It's just so realistic in the situations and easy to emphasize/sympathize with! So raw!

CinniScrib

Postby PLCDreamcatcher14 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:05 am

Pandora Hearts 95 SPOILER: Highlight text to read: VINCENT!!! He better not die! It kind of feels like that would defeat the point of everything! He already wanted to erase himself from existence for Gil and everyone has been telling him to live! That just...urgh! I really feel sorry for him. And why do I feel like he and Ada will end up together? If he lives that is. And Miranda is the Queen of Hearts...I should've seen that coming. Poor Vincent. And poor Leo! He's really trying to stop Glen! Both of them. And Echo! I hope she's alright. She really needs to do something about Noisy! Gosh! I wonder how this thing's going to end!
'What one does not understand one fears. What one fears, one destroys.' -Native American Indian Proverb
"Man: What surprises you most about mankind? God: That they get bored with childhood, they rush to grow up, and then long to be children again. That they lose their health to make money and then lose their money to restore their health. That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget the present, such that they live in neither the present nor the future. That they live as though they will never die and die as though they never lived."
"God expects spiritual fruit not religious nuts."

PLCDreamcatcher14

Postby drill » Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:17 pm

Just finished 'The World God Only Knows' and I have to say that the ending really surprised me. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: As Chihiro wasn't mentioned for almost the entire last arc. But overall, it was a really good manga, and actually my first manga to complete.
drill

Postby CinniScrib » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:20 pm

Shana oh Yoshitsune 24-25

Magi - Sinbad no Bouken 28
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Don't leave Drakon!!

Pandora Hearts 95
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: CHESHIRE! And Vincent... I have a love-hate relationship with him. He's done some stupid things but always claims it's for Gil. Meanwhile he was tricked into everything. WHICH CHARACTER WILL DIE NEXT? YEESH.

CinniScrib

Postby CinniScrib » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:02 am

Naruto 683
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Obito is alive agaiiin! Only to probably die again as redemption... Honestly I hope the sage can restore Minato's arms, though Minato can seriously kick butt without them!

Bleach 587
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Orihime, your blouse makes no sense except for eyecandy. That's not even a boob window, that's a defying logic of how they're not slipping out right now design. But I love seeing her and Chad again! Hahah him chucking Ichigo into a wall! And Renji totally being bashful about his eyebrows HAH! Honestly I'm hoping Ishida is just blackmailed/obligated to be on the Quincy's side but that in the end he'll help Ichigo... it's been so long with the anime and beginning of the manga, I'm trying to remember how many times he already pulled that. I know ONCE when he gave up his Quincy powers to help them out after faking being on the other side... wow I can't remember that arc.

CinniScrib

Postby GeneD » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:32 am

Koe no Katachi 43, this manga is messing me up.
GeneD

Postby Kilvakar » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:27 pm

Bleach 587: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Now that Kisuke, Chad, and Orihime are here, does this mean Arrancar reinforcements are on the way?

Fairy Tail 390: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Is Gray's father still alive, or is it just his body possessed by Deliora?

Shinryaku! Ika Musume 260: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Who knew Nagisa had been plotting in her own way all this time, lol!
Image Image
"Comrade isn't simply a word. Comrades are about heart. It's the unconditional trust in your partners. Please, fell free to lean on me...And I, too, will lean on you as well."---Mavis Vermillion, First Master of Fairy Tail

"There are people in this world who enjoy being alone, but there isn't a single person who can bear solitude."---Makarov Dreyar, Third Master of Fairy Tail
Kilvakar

Postby CinniScrib » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:50 pm

GeneD wrote:Koe no Katachi 43, this manga is messing me up.

Just read it

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: HOLY COW. We thought she was going over but he'd get her or she'd slipout of the grip but NOT THE SWITCH. Ooooh man Shoko is going to blame herself for this! I wonder if Ishida will be deaf or something from head trauma... he's got something broken from that fall (THE BLOOD). Life just keeps knocking him down, man! Forget retribution! Come on, give him a break! He was bullied and has been sorry for everything. He means it but crap keeps happening!

Isshuukan Friends 19

Silver Spoon 104
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: HIS DAD SMILED THAT YUGO IS WORKING HARD AND IS SHOWING HE'S SERIOUS!

CinniScrib

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:50 pm

Got caught up in both Silver Spoon and The Heroic Legend of Arslan - which is SO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! :rock: :dance:
the_wolfs_howl

Postby AnaniAnime » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:35 pm

I'm reading Afterschool Charisma. I'm on book five and I love it!!! :D

I also got a random book from the library yesterday called "Alice in the country of Hearts"
I've only read like the first page
Hello!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.pinterest.com/ariannawesomez/
AnaniAnime

Postby nillapoet » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:35 pm

Fullmetal Alchemist volume 6
nillapoet

Postby CinniScrib » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:37 pm

Fairy Tail 391
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: How is Gray going to win this one!?

Shingeki no Kyojjin - Birth of Levi ch 7 & 8

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: GEEEEEZ. Both of them in one chapter! I mean I knew they were going to be killed off at some point since they're not with Levi in the current events of the series. But during the same mission?
Makes sense since it's the series end, though a special chapter in the future? Awesome! Gotta love how Levi wanted to kill Erwin and in the present he values him a lot.

CinniScrib

Postby Kilvakar » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:11 pm

Fairy Tail 391: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Nice move, using his own ice against him, Gray! I wonder if Juvia's going to help him out. We need more GrayxJuvia awesomeness!

Shinryaku! Ika Musume 263: Apparently, Squiddie would make a great illustrator, lol!
Image Image
"Comrade isn't simply a word. Comrades are about heart. It's the unconditional trust in your partners. Please, fell free to lean on me...And I, too, will lean on you as well."---Mavis Vermillion, First Master of Fairy Tail

"There are people in this world who enjoy being alone, but there isn't a single person who can bear solitude."---Makarov Dreyar, Third Master of Fairy Tail
Kilvakar

Postby GeneD » Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:58 am

CinniScrib wrote:Just read it

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: HOLY COW. We thought she was going over but he'd get her or she'd slipout of the grip but NOT THE SWITCH. Ooooh man Shoko is going to blame herself for this! I wonder if Ishida will be deaf or something from head trauma... he's got something broken from that fall (THE BLOOD). Life just keeps knocking him down, man! Forget retribution! Come on, give him a break! He was bullied and has been sorry for everything. He means it but crap keeps happening!

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I'm also worried about Shoko blaming herself, since it ties directly in with her belief that "nothing good comes from being around her" which is what set this whole thing off in the first place. Your comment makes me wonder how someone who experienced bullying like what Ishida did to Shoko, would feel reading this, would they see it the same way or would they have less sympathy with him?
GeneD

Postby CinniScrib » Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:25 pm

GeneD wrote:
CinniScrib wrote:Just read it

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I'm also worried about Shoko blaming herself, since it ties directly in with her belief that "nothing good comes from being around her" which is what set this whole thing off in the first place. Your comment makes me wonder how someone who experienced bullying like what Ishida did to Shoko, would feel reading this, would they see it the same way or would they have less sympathy with him?

Totally, I was mildly bullied myself (more taunted and I was sensitive) so yeah I believe in retribution. But he was bullied back so he knows how it feels and he's been trying to make peace. The person he wronged forgave him and he's been trying to be better for her (though partly for himself for peace). But people not even involved are angry, which yeah it was bad, but it really was none of their business to drag it back to the present.

Koe no Katachi 44
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: HOLY SNAP. Omgosh first it looked like Nao was just intimidating Shoko THEN SHE STARTED PUNCHING/BEATING ON HER. Which I mean, shouldn't be a surprise since she slapped her that one time. BUT THE ENDING! I was surprised her sister didn't do anything BUT HER MOM!? YES! I'm so surprised and happy she's stepped up to defend her daughter! Slapping the girl who's abusing her (and right so bullying her again. Dude, you can totally press charges, there are 2 witnesses) was so epic. GETTING THE ADULTS INVOLVED, NOW!

Nanatsu no Taizai 84

Pinocchio 71

Magi 231

Akagami no Shirayukihime 54-55

CinniScrib

Postby CinniScrib » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:38 am

Naruto 684

Re-read an updated translated version of Koe no Katachi 44
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Cuz let's face it that Momma power slap was beautiful.

Akagami no Shirayukihime 56

Bleach 588

CinniScrib

Postby Kilvakar » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:57 pm

Bleach 588: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Well, I was hoping this wouldn't happen, but it looks like Bach is going to wipe out Squad Zero. Maybe he'll take down the Soul King as well? Who knows? As a long-time devoted Bleach fan I have to say I've been disappointed with the final arc so far.
Image Image

Kilvakar

Postby GeneD » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:35 am

CinniScrib wrote:Koe no Katachi 44
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: HOLY SNAP. Omgosh first it looked like Nao was just intimidating Shoko THEN SHE STARTED PUNCHING/BEATING ON HER. Which I mean, shouldn't be a surprise since she slapped her that one time. BUT THE ENDING! I was surprised her sister didn't do anything BUT HER MOM!? YES! I'm so surprised and happy she's stepped up to defend her daughter! Slapping the girl who's abusing her (and right so bullying her again. Dude, you can totally press charges, there are 2 witnesses) was so epic. GETTING THE ADULTS INVOLVED, NOW!

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Wow I did not expect it to get that violent. Somehow I can't bring myself to hate Ueno completely though, I dislike Kawai a lot more. Not that I'm condoning her actions, at least she (Ueno) is honest about her feelings.
GeneD

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:04 pm

Finished Wolf's Rain. It was interesting to see a different version of the story, but the anime is undeniably better. Much more time to flesh out the characters and world, much more interesting character development, and much more emotion.

I've now begun Pluto, since I've heard so much about it and loved Monster to pieces. I've read the first six chapters so far, and already love it. It's like Monster with retro-style robots! :D And this take on robots isn't quite like any others I've ever seen before. Really intriguing....
the_wolfs_howl

Postby CinniScrib » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:44 pm

Nanatsu no Taizai 85

Noragami 43

Fairy Tail 392

Witch Craft Works 36

CinniScrib

Postby CinniScrib » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:36 pm

Ao no Exorcist 58

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso 14