What's your favorite Naruto couple? Vote!

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

What's your favorite Naruto couple? Vote!

Postby Kesshin » Sun Apr 11, 2004 4:18 pm

The title is pretty much self-explanatory. Vote on your favorite Naruto couple. And yes, I am aware that there are no (or very few) actual couples in Naruto. But what's there to stop us from wishing there were?!!
The options are: Sasuke and Sakura, Naruto and Sakura, Hinata and Naruto, Hinata and Sasuke, and Hinata and Shino (if you're reading this, UC, I'm winking).

If your favorite couple isn't up there, feel free to post away.
"Consider the lilies of the field. They neither sew nor spin, yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed as one of these. If God so clothes the grass, which is in the field one day and cast into the oven the next, how much more will he clothe you, o ye of little faith?
-Luke 12:27-28

-CAA's official writing shinobi.

"Mostly I write action/adventure, and while I dislike romance, I seem to end up doing it and I've been told I do so well. To that I give a cliche "Feh.""
-uc pseudonym
Kesshin

Postby Staci » Sun Apr 11, 2004 4:32 pm

Hinata and Naruto all the way! :rock:
Member of the CAA Book Club
Staci

Postby Aka-chan » Sun Apr 11, 2004 4:45 pm

Tough... But I think Hinata and Naruto would balance each other out nicely.
Aka-chan

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Apr 11, 2004 4:50 pm

It is absolutely not fair that you mention one of my ideas for a future fanfiction. Curse either your random luck or your perceptiveness, Kesshin! [Alright, so not really. Perceptiveness is good.]

I voted Hinata/Shino, because I felt obligated due to the winking.

On a side topic, whatever happened to Ino/Sasuke and Rock Lee/Sakura?

However, the pairing mentioned in my first paragraph (Sasuke/Hinata) is one I find interesting on many levels. Hinata is sweet; Sasuke isn't, but give him ten years and a dead brother and we'll see. Plus, there's the wonderful irony of the fact that Hinata is the only girl not trying to get Sasuke. Once he's done with his focus (Itachi) that might be one of the few things that'd attract his attention. I'd probably do it just for the sake of Sakura and Ino, however...
uc pseudonym

Postby Aka-chan » Sun Apr 11, 2004 4:56 pm

[quote="uc pseudonym"]Hinata is sweet]

:lol: I was tempted to vote that pairing, but I was thinking now (not ten years and a dead brother later), and I think Naruto would treat her better.
Aka-chan

Postby Psycho Ann » Sun Apr 11, 2004 6:59 pm

Though Sasuke and Hinata WOULD be interesting, I'm already a Sasaku fan XD XD
-Psalm 27:1-
The Project - Online Christian manga, rambling FAQs, and Truly Random Scripture.
Cognatio- Online Christian Manga Exchange

"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
Psycho Ann

Postby Mave » Tue Apr 13, 2004 2:58 pm

Funny, there's not a single coupling I like in Naruto. Yet.

Sasuke/Hinata is interesting but judging based on how Sasuke treats Sakura (dead brother or not), I really wonder.

Shino/Hinata gets my vote, even if it's not official.
Mave

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Apr 14, 2004 5:48 am

Mave wrote:Shino/Hinata gets my vote, even if it's not official.

Heh. That's funny.

Mave wrote:Sasuke/Hinata is interesting but judging based on how Sasuke treats Sakura (dead brother or not), I really wonder.

Well, you're probably right, in all honesty. But I'm going to explain a contrary point of view, more for fun than anything else.

I wouldn't say Sasuke's treatment of Sakura necessarily tells us anything. If Christianity were aside, I doubt I'd be much different (well, knocking her out would go a bit far) to someone that obnoxious. The major difference would be the fact that Hinata isn't obnoxious, and also isn't actively trying to make Sasuke like her. Love stands a far better chance under such circumstances.

Also, Hinata does have the potential to become truly strong (unlike Sakura, mostly) in that she's focused and has Hyuga abilities. I imagine Sasuke might notice that, once he's not so focused on Itachi.

Really, though, Sasuke has no motivations except his brother. If Itachi dies, what's Sasuke going to do?
uc pseudonym

Postby Elric_kun » Wed Apr 14, 2004 6:17 am

I vote Hinata and Naruto^^
Elric_kun

Postby Mave » Wed Apr 14, 2004 3:09 pm

uc pseudonym wrote:The major difference would be the fact that Hinata isn't obnoxious, and also isn't actively trying to make Sasuke like her. Love stands a far better chance under such circumstances.

heh, like others, I also find Hinata's lack of interest in Sasuke refreshing.

Also, Hinata does have the potential to become truly strong (unlike Sakura, mostly) in that she's focused and has Hyuga abilities. I imagine Sasuke might notice that, once he's not so focused on Itachi.

Oh my, I don't think you intended this but I suddenly had this morbid thought of characters coupling for the sake of getting strong offsprings. >_<

Mave's imagination
Sasuke (35 years old now): Blast it, I can't kill Itachi! At this rate, I'll never kill him. I have two options now, either have kids to continue the hatred or gain immortality. But for the former, I need a strong woman mate.

*a very single but powerful Hinata walks pass* (Gah, Shino, where are you??)

Sasuke: Hhmmm....why not? I can always gain immortality later.

Really, though, Sasuke has no motivations except his brother. If Itachi dies, what's Sasuke going to do?

erm...I would like to speculate on that too. That would make a good poll though, "If Itachi dies, Sasuke will......(finish sentence)"

My vote goes to "find emptiness and kills Naruto just to double check."

On a more related note, I suddenly had an urge to see Temari and Shikamaru together.
Mave

Postby Aka-chan » Thu Apr 15, 2004 1:41 am

I like your imagination, Mave. It makes me laugh and start wondering about odd personalities.

Though if Itachi dying means that Sasuke will kill Naruto, I hope Itachi is immortal. *starts having second thoughts about Mave's imagination*

Temari/Shikamaru?? It must the the spiky hair thing. Just imagine what their kids would look like... @_@
Aka-chan

Postby Psycho Ann » Thu Apr 15, 2004 3:39 am

Mave, if you read chapter 212 of the manga then your visions of Temari/Shikamaru might start to get a bit clearer... XD XD XD

As for Hinata/Sasuke... man, that would be one SILENT household XD I like it that Hinata's peacefulness might be able to counter-balance Naruto. As Sakura's cheerfulness (which everyone translates as annoying-ness) would either make Sasuke even more determined to go on a suicide mission to kill Itachi or actually start to warm up.

Talking about alternative couplings... I'll admit some nicely written fanfics got me on the whole Neji/Sakura thing -_-;; And ONE extremely well written (IMHO) fic made me consider the possibility of Shino/Sakura XD XD
The Project - Online Christian manga, rambling FAQs, and Truly Random Scripture.

Psycho Ann

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Apr 15, 2004 5:14 am

Mave wrote:Oh my, I don't think you intended this but I suddenly had this morbid thought of characters coupling for the sake of getting strong offsprings. >_<

Don't think it hasn't crossed my mind. With a world created solely for the purposes of power, it really isn't that far off.

Mave wrote:My vote goes to "find emptiness and kills Naruto just to double check."

Is it bad that I found this funny?

Mave wrote:On a more related note, I suddenly had an urge to see Temari and Shikamaru together.

Alright, now I want to attack someone (fortunately, I'm pacifist...). Are all of my pairings for my massive Naruto story going to be spoken about before I get to them? I don't want to seem unoriginal...

[quote="Psycho Ann"]Talking about alternative couplings... I'll admit some nicely written fanfics got me on the whole Neji/Sakura thing -_-]

Hmm... I might have to read those, if I have the time. The second makes me wince... but a proper author's characters don't always strike (and in some cases this means "annoy") me in the same way as the characters themselves. I could go look that up, but I doubt I will. Do you have a link?
uc pseudonym

Postby Mave » Fri Apr 16, 2004 11:16 am

uc pseudonym wrote:Is it bad that I found this funny?

That would make two of us. XD

Alright, now I want to attack someone (fortunately, I'm pacifist...). Are all of my pairings for my massive Naruto story going to be spoken about before I get to them? I don't want to seem unoriginal...

(see note below) blame the Naruto creator for giving me that idea.

Ann, my thoughts on Shikamaru and Temari becoming a couple was based on Chap 212. :brow:

I would be pleased since I love Shikamaru and a personality test revealed me to be Temari if I was a Naruto character. XD

That reminds, unless I'm very much mistaken, Temari is another female genin apart from Hinata who's not obsessed with Sasuke too.
Mave

Postby Psycho Ann » Fri Apr 16, 2004 5:22 pm

Yeah, I'll pm you the link, UC. It's a 'chick fic' so I doubt you'll be interested, but it did caught my attention hehehe.

Mave: Ah ha! It IS Because of chapter 212! Most of the Temari/Shika comes from the Chuunin exam. Hehehe... XD The only girls not obbsessed with Sasuke are the ones way older than him, enemies, or girls that already have other crushes.

Psycho Ann

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Apr 16, 2004 5:59 pm

My Shikamaru/Temari mostly did come from the Chuunin exams, mainly in that both of them seem to respect each other, despite being on opposite sides. Then Masashi had to go and bring in 212 and make this so much more plausable...

Psycho Ann wrote:The only girls not obbsessed with Sasuke are the ones way older than him

Thank all that is good and holy for this.
uc pseudonym

Postby MasterDias » Fri Apr 16, 2004 6:19 pm

Mave wrote:That reminds, unless I'm very much mistaken, Temari is another female genin apart from Hinata who's not obsessed with Sasuke too.

Technically speaking, only Sakura and Ino are obsessed with Sasuke.

But Temari did think something along the lines of "Hmmm. He's kind've handsome" the first time she saw Sasuke, if I remember correctly.
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Apr 16, 2004 6:24 pm

That's correct, she does say that... which makes the entire point debateable.

MasterDias wrote:Technically speaking, only Sakura and Ino are obsessed with Sasuke.

I'd disagree slightly, though this is mostly true in the manga. However, in the flashback about Ino and Sakura, Ino does say something to the effect of "everybody likes Sasuke." In the anime, there's a massive crowd of girls that likes Sasuke in episode 2.
uc pseudonym

Postby MasterDias » Fri Apr 16, 2004 6:29 pm

That's true.

But I was talking about characters who actually have a role in the series and there are only five female genins.
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby Uchiha chan » Fri Apr 16, 2004 6:34 pm

My favorite Naruto couple is......Naruto and Sasuke. Remember that hot scene where they kissed? Hawhaw. Nothin' like shonen-ai! :rock:
Uchiha chan

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Apr 16, 2004 6:44 pm

I believe our stance on homosexuality is mentioned quite explicitly in the rules. Consider this an invisible second strike.

Though the scene was humorous, which is why I'm not taking your previous post too seriously.
uc pseudonym

Postby nightblade » Fri Apr 16, 2004 7:18 pm

*shudder*

i voted for naruto and hinata before thinking about sasuke and hinata which seems interesting

where would tenten come in all this? maybe with sasuke or possibly iruka? (hey, he's not far off here)
"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the Sun has risen, not only
because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." -C.S. Lewis
nightblade

Postby Kesshin » Sat Apr 17, 2004 8:34 pm

Sorry I've been neglecting my own thread *blushes*.
Aha, UC, you caught me! I secretly read your mind and decided to annoy you by creating this poll with the SasukeXHinata option. *evil laughter*. But seriously, tell me if you do ever write that fanfic. I'd like to read it.

I knew HinataXNaruto would win. *sighs* Not many people chose the NarutoXSakura option (one of my personal favorites). I guess I could always vote... but then again, I created the poll, so that really wouldn't be fair.
"Consider the lilies of the field. They neither sew nor spin, yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed as one of these. If God so clothes the grass, which is in the field one day and cast into the oven the next, how much more will he clothe you, o ye of little faith?

"Mostly I write action/adventure, and while I dislike romance, I seem to end up doing it and I've been told I do so well. To that I give a cliche "Feh.""
-uc pseudonym
Kesshin

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Apr 18, 2004 4:45 pm

Nah, you can vote in your own thread. It would only be unfair if you stacked the thread, or altered the results (a la mod abilities). Go ahead and vote for that.

I don't really give Tenten much thought... as she really doesn't matter to the plot. Her one fight we don't even see. I don't think we've ever seen her throw a bladed weapon.

As for Iruka... well, I've always thought about him as a lot older than them. He was teaching as a Chuunin when they were only 12, after all. I find that a bit out of place, anyway.

I only have three pairings (they are not the focus of the story, just sidelights), so Kesshin won't have to read my mind much more to have them all...
uc pseudonym

Postby nightblade » Tue Apr 20, 2004 12:15 pm

Well... you do see her one fight in the anime though I can't remember which episode. It's Tenten vs. Temari. Also, Tenten in the manga looks a lot more girly with the lipstick and stuff than in the anime.
nightblade

Postby glitch1501 » Tue Apr 20, 2004 12:21 pm

anyone else thinkin rock lee and sakura?

Glitch's Photostream

He wants them to learn to walk and must therefore take away His hand; and if only the will to walk is really there, He is pleased even with their stumbles.

Healing hands of God have mercy on our unclean souls
once again. Jesus Christ, Light of the World, burning
bright within our hearts forever. Freedom means love
without condition, without beginning or an end. Here's
my heart, let it be forever Yours, only You can make
every new day seem so new.
Every New Day - On Distant Shores - Five Iron Frenzy

Nail pierced hands they run with blood
A splitting brow forced by the thorns
His face is writhing with the pain yet it's comforting to me
Passion - Kutless
:thumb:
glitch1501

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Apr 20, 2004 1:17 pm

nightblade wrote:Well... you do see her one fight in the anime though I can't remember which episode. It's Tenten vs. Temari. Also, Tenten in the manga looks a lot more girly with the lipstick and stuff than in the anime.

Ah. In the manga you never see that fight, just the result. I'll have to see that eventually.

And I believe I mentioned Rock Lee/Sakura earlier in this thread.
uc pseudonym

Postby nightblade » Tue Apr 20, 2004 7:51 pm

How about Rock Lee/Hinata? You know, if opposites attract? (To the extreme in this point)
nightblade

Postby Kesshin » Wed Apr 21, 2004 2:15 pm

Sorry I didn't mention this earlier. When I created the poll, Rock LeeXSakura totally slipped my mind. Oops. (but there's too many combinations to put all of them as options, anyway).
Actually, I think they'd make a cute couple. I hate it how Sakura was so mean to him when they first met.
As for HinataXRock Lee, O.o That'd be a little odd. But Rock Lee's nice, and so is Hinata....

-uc pseudonym
Kesshin

Postby Yusuke » Thu Apr 22, 2004 6:55 am

Yeah, where's Rock LeeXSakura? But, out of those I like NarutoXHinata the best.
:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance: Ph34r teh dancing bananas!

Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away, and have their shoes
Yusuke

Next

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews