Ever cryed over a manga (or anime)?

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Postby Atria35 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:16 pm

I can't believe I forgot this one: The anime Rainbow. I think I cried almost once an episode. Both happy and sad tears.
Atria35

Postby Ally-Ann » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:41 pm

Here are two that made me darn near burst into tears:

Clannad After Story

Millenium Actress (Especially this one.)
[color="Lime"]My Fictionpress account[/color]! http://www.fictionpress.com/u/740837/Ally-Ann

[color="Yellow"]My Fanfiction account[/color]! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2401061/ArmyAngel316

My nicknames! [color="Pink"]~*[/color][color="palegreen"]Ally[/color][color="pink"]*~[/color] [color="white"](>[/color][color="Cyan"]Mochi-chan[/color][color="White"]<)[/color]

I like mochi. ^^

I question my [color="DarkOrchid"]sanity[/color]. (._.)

Operation: Blackout
Ally-Ann

Postby daturaonfire » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:37 pm

Lynna (post: 1455747) wrote:I'm reading Hikaru no Go and Crying. I've cryed during lots of other mangas too, namely Fruits Basket. Anyone else?

Furuba made me cry a little bit. In anime, Cowboy Beop still makes me cry when I re-watch certain episodes.
daturaonfire

Postby Sapphire225 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:04 pm

Clannad (Especially After Story) and Air had me balling my eyes out like a litle baby.

Saikano just got more depressing and depressing, almost cried.

Fruit Baskets almost had me several times, and sometimes not almost.

Some scenes in Fullmetal Alchemist (the original/first series mainly, but also Brotherhood) had grabbing tissue after tissue.

Grave of the Fireflies...nuff' said.

5 Centimeters Per Second...even more nuff' said.

Cowboy Bebop (I cried in 3 episodes: Pierrot le Fou in sympathy for the villian, the episode Ed leaves and Faye tried to go back home, and, of course, the final episode)

Bokurano

Code Geass
"Because the World isn't as cruel as you take it to be." ~ Celty, Durarara!!

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."
~Deuteronomy 31:6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality. ~ Iris Murdoch
Sapphire225

Postby Atria35 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:10 pm

Sapphire225 (post: 1465664) wrote:Air had me balling my eyes out like a litle baby.

The movie or the series? I've only seen the movie- it didn't really get to me enough to cause tears.

Kanon did get to me, though. oooh, did I cry during that. Not for the ending, though.

So did Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.
Atria35

Postby sh51 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:47 am

Howl Moving Castle.
sh51

Postby R86 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:09 am

A handful of times, yes. Manly tears of course. Just the memory of certain scenes in some of these shows is enough to make me mist up.

Saint Seiya
Onmyou Taisenki
Fruits Basket
(manga version)
Ookiku Furikabutte
Aoki Densetsu Shoot!

And I probably should have cried at the end of Angel Beats, but the ending so took me by surprise that I am pretty sure I didn't.
R86

Postby Sapphire225 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:04 am

Atria35 (post: 1465666) wrote:The movie or the series? I've only seen the movie- it didn't really get to me enough to cause tears.

The series. The movie wasn't as sad.

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality. ~ Iris Murdoch
Sapphire225

Postby Xeno » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:59 am

I have never actually cried at a manga or anime, though I almost cried at the end of Cowboy Bebop. In the case of other shows I either expect it how it'll end or am "loling" at a "kill 'em all" ending. Except in the case of Berserk, I was too busy trying to figure out what had just happened to lol at that one.
Xeno

Postby Nami » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:02 am

Oh, big time. I cry a lot during Manga/anime. Especially when the story is touching! T_T So good!

To quote Tamaki; "So good! So very very good!"
[color="Red"][SIZE="3"]Swiftly Dissin' and never Missin'.
Yours Truly,
Sick of all the BSin'.[/SIZE][/color]
Nami

Location: Sitting in a tree, waiting for you. *sinister grin*

Postby MrKrillz0r » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:17 am

No, I'm a real man. I don't cry over such things.

I actually cry from time to time 'cuz of anime/manga.. But.. I'M STILL A MAN OKEY?!
Game on!
MrKrillz0r

Postby Atria35 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:42 am

My brother teared up at Grave of the Fireflies. It was second only to Saving Private Ryan, in his opinion.
Atria35

Postby Juliannesan » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:26 am

Yeah, Rurouni Kenshin, just before and during the Shishio arc. And the Samurai X movies, all of them. Because I think they were designed to be sad. Haha.
Clannad.
Clannad After Story. big time.
Air, big time.
Scrapped Princess.
Grave of Fireflies.
Full Metal Alchemist.
Trigun.
Akage No Anne.
Fushigi Yuugi. [Big time, especially at the end when certain people die.]
Hanasakeru Seishounen
Samurai 7.
Princess Tutu. [again, at the end.]
Weiss Kreuz
Wolfs Rain, the anime ending. Urgh, which I really disliked. The manga is better. IMO.
Yukikaze.

yeah, it doesn't take much for me to cry.
ImageImage
Juliannesan

Postby Juliannesan » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:29 am

Sapphire225 (post: 1465967) wrote:The series. The movie wasn't as sad.

Yeah, the series was a lot sadder, because you saw more of how the characters developed their relationships. It was ton sadder. I really disliked the show afterwards because of that.
ImageImage
Juliannesan

Postby ABlipinTime » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:27 pm

I can see Clannad After Story (I almost did), but Trigun had me puzzled there for a moment. I do remember a sad part here and there, but I guess it didn't have that sad tone to it. Maybe that was just me.
- God is always with us, especially when we feel most alone.
http://ablipintime.deviantart.com/
Htom Sirveaux (post: 1435089) - "We should all start speaking telepathically."
Midori (post: 1457302) "Sometimes, if I try hard, I can speak in English."
(post: 1481465) "Overthinking is an art."
Goldenspines - "Fighting the bad guys and rescuing princesses from trolls and all that. "
ABlipinTime

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:29 pm

The only anime that has yet to make me cry is Summer Wars.

[spoiler]Please protect our families.[/spoiler]
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby Maokun » Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:17 pm

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagan. We all know when and why.

Wolf's Rain. Toboe and the old man... You know

The end of Haku & Zabuza arc in Naruto.

Also, for some reason the final episode of Final Fantasy Unlimited, I think I might be the only person who did.
Maokun

Postby Atria35 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:20 pm

Mr. Hat'n'Clogs (post: 1473956) wrote:The only anime that has yet to make me cry is Summer Wars.

[spoiler]Please protect our families.[/spoiler]

THAT. was beautiful. I also definitely had a teary moment with

[spoiler]the letter. "There is nothing worse in the world than being hungry and lonely".[/spoiler]
Atria35

Postby Seto_Sora » Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:32 pm

Hmm... I cried at the end of Oran Academy Host Club Anime and I cried at the end of Fruits Basket Manga (and some in the middle too). Some of the TriGun manga as almost made me cry but not quite yet. ^_^ Still have to watch Summer Wars... probably do it tonight... and it looks like I'll cry too. LOL Sorry, I can be very moved by a really good story.

SDG

Edit: OK, I know its not an anime or manga, but the .Hack G.U. light novel made me cry at points.
This

Seto_Sora

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:40 pm

Atria35 (post: 1473985) wrote:THAT. was beautiful. I also definitely had a teary moment with

[spoiler]the letter. "There is nothing worse in the world than being hungry and lonely".[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Families should eat together, especially in times of crisis.[/spoiler]
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby Seto_Sora » Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:13 pm

Watched summer wars last night... I can happily say it moved me but I didn't cry. ^_^

SDG
This

Seto_Sora

Postby Edward » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:02 pm

I'm not one to cry over animes, mangas, or anything like that, but the part of FMA where Hughs dies and Colonel Mustang says "This is rain." always gets to me.
[thread=43825]MOES[/thread] One sig to rule them all. One sig to find them. One sig to bring them all, and in 250 px or less bind them. In the land of Mordor, where the sigs do not scroll.

Real men don't sparkle, real men defeat dark wizards.

"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."

chatbot 07:24 - Edward asks, do you ever give relevant answers chatty?
My answer: No
Edward

Postby ClosetOtaku » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:13 pm

Haibane Renmei. On the second viewing. Because by then I truly understood what was happening.
"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." -- C.S. Lewis
ClosetOtaku

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:06 pm

I think I have to post in this thread, because I cry a lot :red: Here's the specifics:

Anime

Full Metal Alchemist - [spoiler]When Nina died, when Hughes died, and all the way through the last couple of episodes with Ed and Al dying and coming back and wringing my heart out T_T I also moped around in deep depression for a week after finishing the show, I'll have you know.[/spoiler]

Grave of the Fireflies - Yeah, you know why. I actually only started crying when the montage started up and the music was building into a crescendo :sniffle:

Haibane Renmei - [spoiler]My first time through, I cried when Kuu took her Day of Flight. Now that doesn't affect me so much, but every stinkin' time I see the climax, where Reki exposes the blackness of her soul and cries for help and Rakka saves her...I lose it :waah!: [/spoiler]

Wolf's Rain - Um, yeah, pretty much just the last three or four episodes <_< Especially that scene, you know, with Tsume talking to Toboe, because he was always my favorite character and I loved the sheer depth you could see in him in that moment.

Kodocha - Now this one I never expected to cry for, that's for sure! :o [spoiler]I cried in episode 19, which was the last one I saw, because of Sana's struggles with whether she was going to stay with her adopted mother or go live with her real mother. When she decides to stay with the mother she'd known all these years.... TT____TT[/spoiler]

Manga

Full Metal Alchemist - I cried in several parts of the manga but not in Brotherhood, because I read the manga first, so it didn't hit me out of nowhere like these scenes did the first time around. [spoiler]The first time I cried was when you think (or at least I did) that Lust killed Mustang. Mustang is my second-favorite character of all, so I was devastated. Hawkeye's reaction made it worse, and then Mustang comes in and saves the day!!! Once I reached the end of that chapter, I had to just stop for a minute and cry out my relief for a bit. I think I probably teared up when Ed comes out of Gluttony's stomach and reunites with Al. And I didn't cry exactly - it was more like I almost had a heart attack - when Al gave up his soul to get Ed's arm back and rejoined his body in the Gate. But I definitely cried when Ed finally called Hohenheim "Dad" in the last chapter.[/spoiler]

Chrno Crusade - I think I remember getting a little teary-eyed at the end.

Death Note: L Change the World (which apparently counts as manga on MAL) - This is definitely due to my intense L fangirlism, but yeah, I cried a couple times in this unassuming little book. [spoiler]I cried when Maki was captured and L tried to run after them, then dropped to the ground and just screamed because he felt so helpless. Seeing a character as reserved as L do something like that was one of the most powerful reactions I've ever seen. I also bawled my eyes out at the end. I read the last section and then spent the next five minutes or so leaning against the wall, clutching the front of my shirt and crying with all my might. It's just so beautiful.[/spoiler]

Monster - [spoiler]I cried in that one chapter where that boy witnesses a rape and it ties into Grimmer's past/characterization. That was intense, brutal, and tragic. I also got teary-eyed at the part where Nina/Anna was going to shoot herself, but Tenma stopped her. Oddly, none of the deaths made me cry, though I did feel quite sad for some of them. I was kind of expecting them, though, so maybe that's why.[/spoiler]

Yup, I'm a little crybaby :sweat:
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:35 pm

Fruits Basket...

[spoiler]I cried when I saw the last page. Well, when I saw it after reading the series all the way through for the first time (I looked at the last few pages a few times before finishing the series XD). It was such a good ending. So sweet and touching...[/spoiler]
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Postby Contrarian » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:33 am

<raises hand>

Guilty.

I cry a lot when reading/watching pretty much anything.
Contrarian

Location: Beneath the grove of heavily-scented coconut palms.

Postby Nate » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:35 am

So the other day I found out that listening to Hotohori's character song from Fushigi Yugi will make me cry. :l

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby CrystalChalice » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:06 pm

I think anyone who watched AnoHana cried at some point during the series. For me, it was the final episode.
Whatever the season in life, the RIGHT attitude makes all the difference.

"I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth."
Psalm 121:1-2

"Though our paths may have diverged, you must continue to live out your life with all your might; you must never consider your own life to be something insignificant, and you must never forget about the friends whom you loved for as long as you live."
The Third Rule of Fairy Tail

"Mistakes are not shackles that halt one from stepping forward. Rather, they are that which sustain and grow one's heart.
Mavis Vermilion, Fairy Tail

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.
Avatar Aang, The Legend of Korra
CrystalChalice

Postby Sapphire225 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:32 pm

CrystalChalice (post: 1495085) wrote:I think anyone who watched AnoHana cried at some point during the series. For me, it was the final episode.

Funny, I was just watching Ano Hana when I saw this. But yeah, this is a tear-worthy series.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica has almost but didn't bring me to tears at the ending, but Ano Hana surely did. The anime of this year is pretty awesome.

Sapphire225

Postby AngelicTotoro » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:18 am

@ the_wolfs_howl: Don't feel bad about being a cry baby, it's good that you haven't hardened your heart toward the way of the world. It's a good thing to be soft and kind hearted. (Plus, I am also a major cry baby. xD)

Anime:

Tegami Bachi made me bawl my eyes out every single episode of the first season. It's embarrassing, but true. :sweat: (I cried so much, My brother and sister nicknamed me 'Lag'.)
[spoiler]Tegami Bachi reverse made me sad too, but not as much, Sunny losing her heart was sad and some other things for me too... but the most sad of every thing in Reverse is that Gauche never really comes back and somehow everyone is okay with that! SO OOC, I HATE ANIME ORIGINAL ENDINGS :?:[/spoiler]

Fruits Basket was my first anime and I cried so much watching that show. :waah!: Same with the manga, I was a sobbing wreck, my family was worried about me! :eh:
[spoiler]Like how Momiji's mother didn't want him, his sister didn't know who he was and he couldn't tell her the truth... Not only did poor Hatori have to give up the women he deeply loved, he had to be the one who erased her memory. :( Kyo's mother killed herself... Yuki's mother abandoned him... Everyone had a horribly sad secret... *sniffle* and the ending... oh, it was so beautiful!!! ;__; Man, I cried a lot for this show. More then Tegami bachi, and I cried a lot while watching that one. [/spoiler]

Kemono no Souja Erin... ... I'm starting to feel sad already.
[spoiler]When Erin's mother started being to nice to her right after meeting with the town leaders... I lost it completely; because I figured out right away what was going to happen... I knew they were going to kill her... I knew it, but the fact that they fed her alive to the Touda's... just shocked me and then Erin tries to save her... :waah!: It was awful...[/spoiler]

Valkyria Chronicles, I didn't really end up liking the show very much, since I felt the plot was all over the place and that they killed off too many characters too often. However one death did really get to me.
[spoiler]I really liked Isara, so when they killed her off I was horrified. I didn't cry though, I cried when they showed her funeral... and when they showed that Welkin hadn't shed even one tear the whole time, it was terrible since it was so out of character for him. (In a good way though.) The worst part, that made me really cry was when Rosie sings for Isara at her grave while poor Ramal listens... (Btw, I really liked Ramal so the fact they killed him off in such a stupid lame, not plot worthy way... UGH! :mutter:[/spoiler]
The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. He restores my soul; He guides me in paths of righteousness For His name's sake. Even though I walk though the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; Thy rod and Thy staff, they comfort me. Thou dost prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; Thou hast anointed my head with oil; My cup overflows. Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. Psalm 23
AngelicTotoro

Previous Next

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews