Tegami Bachi: Letter Bee

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Tegami Bachi: Letter Bee

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:48 pm

In the land of Ambeground, the only light is that which streams from the artificial sun, which produces enough light and heat for a small area to support life. Amberground is divided up into three caste areas Akatsuki, Yuusari, and Yodaka, the first of which is reserved for high ranking government officials, and the last of which is mostly populated by criminals and outcasts. While Akatsuki has enough light to be day, everywhere else is covered in perpetual night. The only communication left to the world is letter, which are carried by an elite cadre called the Letter Bees.

If you're wondering why an elite cadre is needed to carry mail, giant armored bugs called Gaichuu feed off the heart, which is highly similar to one's soul, leaving them a lifeless shell. The Letter Bees are the only people who really can travel Amberground and survive encounters with Gaichuu. They use special guns, called Shindanjuu, which allows the Bee to fire a shard of their own heart into a Gaichuu, which is the only thing that can kill one.

So if you're a fan of this, that's great. I'm hoping we can get a month by month discussion going if enough people are reading it as it comes out, and maybe if enough people are interested, we could do a Let's Watch for the second season which is coming out this fall.

I just read chapter 41 today, which is what sparked this.
[spoiler]So Gauche gets to do something, which will be awesome. Roda is out looking for Gauche, and we still don't know what Lloyd's up to.[/spoiler]
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby mechana2015 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:14 pm

Yay! This was the second "Lets watch the First Episode" when we interviewed Goldy on the podcast! I really enjoyed it, but just haven't had the time to get back on it, which is kind of a shame, so a forum wide lets watch of season 2 could be really fun.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Cadence » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:19 pm

I absolutely love this series. It's about mailmen. How can it not be awesome? The setting is intriguing and imaginative, and the characters are great--I love the whole cast, and that is a very, very rare thing for me. I only started reading it after watching the anime last fall, and am not caught up to the current chapter yet, but I'll definitely be up for a monthly discussion once I am caught up. =) And season two of the anime is definitely on my to-watch list.

Niche! <3
"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:5-6
Cadence

Postby goldenspines » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:36 pm

Hat, you are my bff for making this thread~

I have been following this series since I first read its debut in Shonen Jump (then watched the short movie/OVA thing for it before the anime officially aired). Not only does this series have stunning and beautiful artwork, but it's story and characters are heart warming (and heart breaking). Not to mention everyone has great names in this series; Lag Seeing, Niche, Gauche Suede, Jiggy Pepper, etc... Or even, Steak. B{[

Yay! This was the second "Lets watch the First Episode" when we interviewed Goldy on the podcast! I really enjoyed it, but just haven't had the time to get back on it, which is kind of a shame, so a forum wide lets watch of season 2 could be really fin.

Yay, I remember this awesomeness! You need to watch more, Mech. O:
Season two of Tegami Bachi is going to be great, I'm sure, providing they keep following the manga. Because, STUFF HAPPENS, like srsly.

Speaking of the manga, chapter 41:

[spoiler] Hazel makes me LOL.
Maybe it's just me, but I don't like the human Roda too much. Maybe because she's too mysterious right now.
I like Mock Sullivan's name.
Also, scene where Gauche hugs Sylvette was so happy, I was crying tears of happiness.
Yes, I get too much into this series. >_>;;

Also, I'm happy they're finally reminding us of back Lag's main focus, finding his mom. Sometimes with all the stuff happening, that can get lost. [/spoiler]
goldenspines

Postby blkmage » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:40 pm

I keep on forgetting to read this.
blkmage

Postby Atria35 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:24 pm

Ever since I watched the first episode and decided I hated the CG monsters, I've been reading the manga. It is absolutely fantastic- whimsical, interesting characters and setting, and just a fun, fun read. I love it.
Atria35

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:30 pm

goldenspines (post: 1416462) wrote:Speaking of the manga, chapter 41:

[spoiler] Hazel makes me LOL.
Maybe it's just me, but I don't like the human Roda too much. Maybe because she's too mysterious right now.
I like Mock Sullivan's name.
Also, scene where Gauche hugs Sylvette was so happy, I was crying tears of happiness.
Yes, I get too much into this series. >_>]

[spoiler]Wait, when did it say anything about finding Lag's mom? I feel terrible for missing that.

And I thought Mock Sullivan was Zazie when he first showed up. I do like that they're throwing in more Bees.[/spoiler]

Also, Connor is the fat guy who throws land mines and rather than some exotic creature, just has an old dog that digs holes as their strategy.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby wildpurplechild » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:04 pm

Wasn't there already a thread on this? No matter. I love Tegami Bachi, it's great!
Heads up, I don't go on this site much these days...
The King is enthralled by your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord. Psalm 45:11
wildpurplechild

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews