Anyone reading "Skip Beat?"

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Anyone reading "Skip Beat?"

Postby acgifford » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:57 am

As you might have guessed by the name, I am reading Skip Beat. I'm reading the 6th one and I love it.(My co-worker is lending it to me.^-^) I love how funny it is. So, has anyone read them? If not, I recomend it. :thumb:
[color="Lime"]"Do or do not, there is no try." Yoda[/color]
[color="DarkOrange"]Psalm32: 1 Blessed is he whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered.[/color]
Proud member of MOES!! You better believe I have no scrolling.^_~
[color="Blue"]Doctor Who fan!! [/color]:jump:
[color="Yellow"]"Dare to read, think, speak and write." John Adams[/color]
[color="Pink"]Proud Member of the SisterHoos! ^^[/color]
[color="Red"]Vash the Stampede: I meditate diligently every morning. The subject is Life and Love. I quit after three seconds.[/color]
acgifford

Postby Lynna » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:42 am

I'm reading it! I'm reading it online though.....and I'm dying for the next chapter T.T
I Believe in the Sun/Even when It's not shining/I belive in Love/Even When I Don't Feel it/And I Believe in God/Even when He is silent/And I, I Believe ---BarlowGirl
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators
DeviantArttumblrBeneath The Tangles
Avatar (lovingly) taken from The Silver Eye webcomic
Lynna

Postby Wikiwalker » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:57 am

I've been kind of wanting to read this one, but I'm a little wary of picking up another manga that is still publishing. I'll probably have to finish King of Thorn and Kare Kano first.
~~~~~~~~~~~

[color="DeepSkyBlue"][font="Book Antiqua"]"I love to be alone. I never found the companion that was so companionable as solitude. We are for the most part more lonely when we go abroad among men than when we stay in our chambers. A man thinking or working is always alone, let him be where he will."-- Henry David Thoreau, Walden[/font][/color]

[color="Pink"]TGJesusfreak: Is the chatroom gonna self destruct or somethin?
Chatbot: Yes[/color]

[color="RoyalBlue"]@)[/color][color="SeaGreen"]}~`,~[/color] [color="PaleGreen"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/color]
Wikiwalker

Postby acgifford » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:37 am

^-^cool!
[color="Lime"]"Do or do not, there is no try." Yoda[/color]
[color="DarkOrange"]Psalm32: 1 Blessed is he whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered.[/color]
Proud member of MOES!! You better believe I have no scrolling.^_~
[color="Blue"]Doctor Who fan!! [/color]:jump:
[color="Yellow"]"Dare to read, think, speak and write." John Adams[/color]
[color="Pink"]Proud Member of the SisterHoos! ^^[/color]
[color="Red"]Vash the Stampede: I meditate diligently every morning. The subject is Life and Love. I quit after three seconds.[/color]
acgifford

Postby PrincessZelda » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:41 pm

I've read all of it that's out so far! I like it, it's pretty good. A friends suggested it to me, and I wasn't too sure about it at first, but it kind of grew on me... XD
"If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats."

PrincessZelda

Postby Ella Edric » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:57 pm

ACGifford is my sister, so I know enough about it! XD
But I, sadly, have never read it.T_T;;
Ella Edric

Postby Lynna » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:00 pm

[quote="Ella Edric (post: 1375517)"]ACGifford is my sister, so I know enough about it! XD
But I, sadly, have never read it.T_T]

Really??? you two are sisters?? Lucky!!!! I never knew...though I knew you and TG were siblings...lol
I Believe in the Sun/Even when It's not shining/I belive in Love/Even When I Don't Feel it/And I Believe in God/Even when He is silent/And I, I Believe ---BarlowGirl
Lynna

Postby TGJesusfreak » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:38 pm

Ug.... I need to post a thread on our relationships okay public statment time:

TG+Ella+acg=SIBLINGS (it's simple math really lol)
TGJesusfreak

Location: USA... Earth... the milky way galaxy... the universe...

Postby Atria35 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:05 am

I've been reading it online and buying it when I have the money :sweat: But I really love this series! Does anyone think it's feeling like it's starting to come to a close, or is it just me? ... yeah, probably just me since Kyoko still isn't anywhere near being a superstar yet! (Thank goodness!;))
Atria35

Postby PrincessZelda » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:33 am

It does feel a little bit like that... but then, yeah, there still are a lot of things that need to happen first XD;;
"If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats."

PrincessZelda

Postby acgifford » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:49 pm

I'm on book 13. I love it. Glad to see there are a few that do too!^^
acgifford

Postby Atria35 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:31 am

[quote="PrincessZelda (post: 1382728)"]It does feel a little bit like that... but then, yeah, there still are a lot of things that need to happen first XD]

If I'm not the only person noticing it, then it must not be my imagination :sweat: Ah, well. Having read her previous work, Tokyo Crazy Paradise, I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't end to well. It was rushed in that series.... but then again, since this one is so much popular, it probably isn't that likely that it will have a sloppy end.
Atria35

Postby Lynna » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:03 pm

Atria35 (post: 1383967) wrote:If I'm not the only person noticing it, then it must not be my imagination :sweat: Ah, well. Having read her previous work, Tokyo Crazy Paradise, I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't end to well. It was rushed in that series.... but then again, since this one is so much popular, it probably isn't that likely that it will have a sloppy end.

Was the other one not popular then?
I think the author mentioned somewhere that this series would be different...or something like that...
Lynna

Postby Atria35 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:27 pm

Lynna (post: 1384512) wrote:Was the other one not popular then?
I think the author mentioned somewhere that this series would be different...or something like that...

It wasn't terribly popular- Skip Beat! is her breakout work, her first real hit. And because it's a hit, I wouldn't be surprised if she were able to do a better ending. And yeah, it's definitely very different than Skip Beat.
Atria35

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews