Shugo Chara!!!

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Shugo Chara!!!

Postby Lynna » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:49 pm

Who Loves Shugo Chara? Anything to say about it?

I Love Shugo Chara to Death. It is one of the best manga's I have ever read:lol::P:dizzy:
:rant:
The Characters are amazingly realistic,And The Plot is amazing! the only drawback I can find is that very little time is givin in between the main happenings for the characters to develop
Lynna

Postby SeraphicCharm » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:15 pm

i love Shugo Chara!!! right now i'm working on the anime....hehe, i haven't read the manga yet...just the first few pages. but i absolutely love the characters and storyline!!!!!
SeraphicCharm

Postby wildpurplechild » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:31 pm

Ok, I like it, but it is a bit weird sometimes. [spoiler]I can't believe Utau is Ikuto's sister!:eyebrow: Creepy... Also finding out that Nagi is a boy was also strange, though I feel bad for him because his family pressured him into it for dance, and he was not allowed to be to strong or good at sports. I really like Rythm his new Shugo Chara, he's adorable! [/spoiler]
Heads up, I don't go on this site much these days...
The King is enthralled by your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord. Psalm 45:11
wildpurplechild

Postby Lynna » Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:37 am

wildpurplechild (post: 1362283) wrote:Ok, I like it, but it is a bit weird sometimes. [spoiler]I can't believe Utau is Ikuto's sister!:eyebrow: Creepy... Also finding out that Nagi is a boy was also strange, though I feel bad for him because his family pressured him into it for dance, and he was not allowed to be to strong or good at sports. I really like Rythm his new Shugo Chara, he's adorable! [/spoiler]

Yeah, since I've read all the manga currently out (which is all but the final chapter and this Shugo Chara-encore! thing) I like Utau, but she is really creepy...because of that
Lynna

Postby airichan623 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:46 pm

Well not really though... she basically just has a really big brother complex and doesnt like other girls coming after him... although coupled with the sleepove episode in the anime, Nagihiko's secret does end up being kinda creepy. But then again, this IS the creators of DearS. I love Utau, and the anime versions of her songs are amazing.

[color="Magenta"][SIZE="4"]愛理ちゃん六二三[/SIZE][/color]

DeviantArt[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]MAL[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]Tumblr
airichan623

Postby wildpurplechild » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:33 pm

How different is the anime from the manga anyhow?
The King is enthralled by your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord. Psalm 45:11
wildpurplechild

Postby Lynna » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:34 pm

wildpurplechild (post: 1362956) wrote:How different is the anime from the manga anyhow?

Well, They're pretty much the same up till shugo chara Doki! except for some fillers...
Then Doki! comes and they add in Lulu and Nana, who don't exist in the manga...and then they drag the manga plot a bit, taking WAY to much time. Then Shugo chara Party starts and it's totally different from the manga. The manga has ended, by the way. But they will begin Shugo Chara! encore! in Febrary.
Lynna

Postby steenajack » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:49 am

I've got a question: What is the content on this manga/anime like? What is it about? Is it really good? It sounds very interesting.
Please, feel free to check out my sites:

My Deviant Art[/color]
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
My FictionPress[/color]
My tumblr[/color] Read...fave...reblog...repeat...
steenajack

Postby wildpurplechild » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:15 am

I'm so sad it ended... At least there's going to be a series that tells you more of their backgrounds.
steenajack (post: 1364891) wrote:I've got a question: What is the content on this manga/anime like? What is it about? Is it really good? It sounds very interesting.
Well the manga plot line is about a girl who doesn't feel she knows her true self. Then one day she finds three eggs with characters (Charas) inside that represent different things she wants to be. She then joins a group at school of other kids with charas, and they go on adventures and try to stop a nefarious group called "Easter".
wildpurplechild

Postby steenajack » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:25 am

Wow, that sounds cute. What exactly is the content on it though?

My Deviant Art[/color]
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
My FictionPress[/color]
steenajack

Postby wildpurplechild » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:41 am

Here's how I'd rate the content
Violence: 2, hardly any violence
Nudity: 1, none that I recall
Sexual content: Some here, unfortunately. It's not that bad, but I give it a 5 to be safe. There may be brief kissing in the manga, the rest is a bit spoiler-ish [SPOILER] A teenage boy and girl sleep in the same bed, but not because of sexual reasons. A girl is attracked to her brother, though he isn't attracked to her. Also there is a crossdresser. [/SPOILER]
Langauge: 2 Minor
Religous details: 2 The kids transform with their charas, but that's it.
That's all the content I can remember. Feel free to add to it.
wildpurplechild

Postby Lynna » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:02 pm

I wrote a review for the first season ppl, but they still havn't posted it/read it/told me whether it's acceptable
Lynna

Postby crusader88 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:26 am

I got into Shugo Chara! after reading Peach-Pit's Rozen Maiden and DearS, and am happy to find their latest series no less of a masterpiece. I've caught up with the anime, but only finished volume 3 of the manga a few days ago.

The art in general is fantastic. The fashion, especially of Hinamori and Utau, is exquisite. I simply adore the Seiyo Guardians and the royal garden. If but student government and school architecture were really that cool and refined. And if I read the manga for nothing else, I would read it for Su. When it comes to cooking, you can always leave it to Su!
...you must begin a reading program immediately so that you may understand the crises of our age... Begin with the late Romans, including Boethius, of course. Then you should dip rather extensively into early Medieval. You may skip the Renaissance and the Enlightenment. That is mostly dangerous propaganda. Now that I think of it, you had better skip the Romantics and the Victorians too. For the contemporary period, you should study some selected comic books.

-Ignatius J. Reilly, in John Kennedy Toole's A Confederacy of Dunces, 1960s

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
crusader88

Postby airichan623 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:17 pm

go Su!
but sadly, the original manga is finishrd...with loose ends to! grrrrr...........

airichan623

Postby airichan623 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:18 pm

wildpurplechild (post: 1364929) wrote:Here's how I'd rate the content
Violence: 2, hardly any violence
Nudity: 1, none that I recall
Sexual content: Some here, unfortunately. It's not that bad, but I give it a 5 to be safe. There may be brief kissing in the manga, the rest is a bit spoiler-ish [SPOILER] A teenage boy and girl sleep in the same bed, but not because of sexual reasons. A girl is attracked to her brother, though he isn't attracked to her. Also there is a crossdresser. [/SPOILER]
Langauge: 2 Minor
Religous details: 2 The kids transform with their charas, but that's it.
That's all the content I can remember. Feel free to add to it.

also a lot about astrology and fortunetelling

airichan623

Postby steenajack » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:29 am

Thank you for the info about the anime/manga.

My Deviant Art[/color]
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
My FictionPress[/color]
steenajack

Uggh!

Postby crusader88 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:50 pm

airichan623 (post: 1365327) wrote:go Su!
but sadly, the original manga is finishrd...with loose ends to! grrrrr...........

Loose ends?! I'd hoped we'd seen the last of that in Rozen Maiden. Now I'll have to expect disappointment at the end of the volumes I've yet to read (4 on).
...you must begin a reading program immediately so that you may understand the crises of our age... Begin with the late Romans, including Boethius, of course. Then you should dip rather extensively into early Medieval. You may skip the Renaissance and the Enlightenment. That is mostly dangerous propaganda. Now that I think of it, you had better skip the Romantics and the Victorians too. For the contemporary period, you should study some selected comic books.

-Ignatius J. Reilly, in John Kennedy Toole's A Confederacy of Dunces, 1960s

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
crusader88

Postby Lynna » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:19 pm

Acctually, Peach-pit is releasing Shugo Chara!encore! in february whichh will tie off a few loose ends...It's mostly going to be side stories though...
Lynna

Postby wildpurplechild » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:20 pm

Yay! Shugo Chara Encore! Chap 1 is out online! I really liked it, I'm a [spoiler]
Tadase♥Utau fan [/spoiler]
wildpurplechild

Postby Lynna » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:27 pm

wildpurplechild (post: 1379289) wrote:Yay! Shugo Chara Encore! Chap 1 is out online! I really liked it, I'm a [spoiler]
Tadase♥]

So great!
but it wasn't a Kuutau chapter?
I Believe in the Sun/Even when It's not shining/I belive in Love/Even When I Don't Feel it/And I Believe in God/Even when He is silent/And I, I Believe ---BarlowGirl
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators
DeviantArttumblrBeneath The Tangles
Avatar (lovingly) taken from The Silver Eye webcomic
Lynna

Postby wildpurplechild » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:11 pm

Lynna (post: 1379292) wrote:So great!
but it wasn't a Kuutau chapter?

Silly me! Why I put Tadase I have no idea :eyebrow: Kuukai♥Utau!
wildpurplechild

Postby RainbowSounds » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:17 pm

This is on my "plan to watch" list. It looks so cute!
"Life is like woodshavings. Except when its in a pail, because then its a pail of woodshavings."
RainbowSounds

Postby Lynna » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:19 pm

RainbowSounds (post: 1380143) wrote:This is on my "plan to watch" list. It looks so cute!

It is allot more than just cute...
I Believe in the Sun/Even when It's not shining/I belive in Love/Even When I Don't Feel it/And I Believe in God/Even when He is silent/And I, I Believe ---BarlowGirl
Lynna

Postby Atria35 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:19 am

Having just finished the manga, I must say that I didn't find too many loose ends if any. Could someone please clarify? I feel like I'm missing something.... :(
Atria35

Postby Lynna » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:54 pm

Atria35 (post: 1383966) wrote:Having just finished the manga, I must say that I didn't find too many loose ends if any. Could someone please clarify? I feel like I'm missing something.... :(

The following contains a few minor spoilers, so those who havn't finished the series would do best to leave it
[spoiler]Well, just think about it. Although it clarifys that Amu does indeed love Ikuto (YAY!!!) it doesn't really say whether they will ever meet again, or whether he will find his father. I personally found it confusing as to whether Amu's eggs will hatch, I mean, she has them, but will they hatch? and who is amu's true self? AND we don't know how or if Nagihiko will reveal his secret to amu. I thought the ending was really sweet, but I hope Peach-Pit clears up some more in Encore![/spoiler]
Lynna

Postby Atria35 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:08 pm

Thanks, Lynna. I feel like a dummy for overlooking those. I mean, I noticed, but... I guess I liked the ending enough where I didn't mind too much. So I guess I do hope they tie up those threads in the new series! :sweat:
Atria35

Postby wildpurplechild » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:39 pm

Another good Encore! Chapter. [SPOILER] So does Nagi like Rima now? It's kinda weird that Rima only likes talking to "Nadeshiko". Still, I liked the chapter.[/SPOILER]
wildpurplechild

Postby thejackal221 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:35 am

I found it interesting too!

[spoiler]i think Nagi likes both Rima and Amu now! That whole love confusion thing is one of the main themes for this manga![/spoiler]
thejackal221

Postby wildpurplechild » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:58 pm

Yeah pretty much:
[SPOILER]Amu likes Ikuto, Ikuto likes Amu, but teases her, Uta likes Ikuto, but really Kukai, Kukai likes Uta, Tadase likes Amu, Nagi seems to like both Amu and Rima( maybe more Rima?), and Rima might like Nagi back. Did I miss anything?[/SPOILER]
wildpurplechild

Postby Lynna » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:59 pm

In my opinion...
[SPOILER]Nagihiko only likes amu as a friend. I mean, he obviously likes her allot, but he's never acctually shown it to be anything more than just friendship. Rima on the other hand...[/SPOILER]
Lynna

Next

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews