Maximum Ride 8D

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Maximum Ride 8D

Postby ChristianKitsune » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:43 pm

Okaaay so it's more like "Man-wah" because it's created by a Korean artist XD...but it's a new graphic novel that is based on the Maximum Ride books by James Patterson. I just picked up my copy today and I really think it's FANTASTIC 8)

The character designs are pretty nifty, although Fang's design was a bit...unexpected XD (samurai hair basically X3)

anyways, has anyone picked up this book?
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Aileen Kailum » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:48 am

I picked it up yesterday. Or the day before. Around then.

I really liked it, and I thought the art was great. I agree with you on Fang's design. The hair... Haha.

I'm still wondering what Max was eating for breakfast in that one scene, though. It looked like a salad... but for breakfast?

And is it just me, or does Iggy look like Light from Death Note?
Need some excitement and meaning to brighten your bleak existence? Enter the CAA Monthly Manga contest!
(Warning: side affects may/will include irritability, the cramping of hands, frustration, and/or loss of sleep.)

Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades
Aileen Kailum

Postby minakichan » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:07 am

I have issue 1 of Yen Plus but didn't pick it up yet. Well, I'll take a look at it now.
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby animewarrior » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:24 am

I saw this in the store yesterday.... XP but I want to read the original material first...
and I bought Full Metal Alchemist Vol.1 instead..hmm I must read the Maximum Ride novel now..
~ The fainter the heartbeat the stronger the soul~

*They're just an incomplete group of people wishing to be whole; and to that end, they're desperately searching for something.* - Namine (Kingdom Hearts 2)
animewarrior

Postby S.M.O.G. » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:40 am

I love the book, I'm just dissapointed that I can't find the manga around here.
S.M.O.G.

Postby Aileen Kailum » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:37 pm

I flipped through the first volume again the other day. Is anyone else wondering how the magic jackets work?
Need some excitement and meaning to brighten your bleak existence? Enter the CAA Monthly Manga contest!
(Warning: side affects may/will include irritability, the cramping of hands, frustration, and/or loss of sleep.)

Aileen Kailum

Postby ChristianKitsune » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:37 am

Aileen Kailum (post: 1288367) wrote:I flipped through the first volume again the other day. Is anyone else wondering how the magic jackets work?

magic jackets?
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Aileen Kailum » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:55 pm

You see Max with her wings out and her jacket on. Logically, there must be some kind of hole in the jacket for her wings. But later on you see the back of her jacket--no holes. How does it work?

Aileen Kailum

Postby Heronwing » Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:56 pm

Fang's hair is waaay too long. XD
I liked it a lot. The writer/artist/whatever-it-is dude did a good job.
Heronwing

Postby Elycien » Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:22 am

I read the first chapter or two of this and really enjoyed it. ^__^ There seem to be a few changes from the original book, but that's okay with me, really... the book was good, but I never felt it was perfect, so it'll be interesting to see how the changes work with the story. And the art is pretty <3

Can't wait to read the whole thing, I've reserved it from the library so hopefully it will come in soon...

@Aileen - that's the problem with writing humanoid, winged characters. The mechanics of it are insanely irritating. >__>;;; *speaking from experience* XD

ImageImageImageImageImage
My dragons ^^ Please click!
Elycien

Postby Monkey J. Luffy » Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:33 pm

I might get it. I remember the books being really good, especially for one of those vending machine writers...
Monkey J. Luffy

Postby Psycho Molos » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:28 pm

Aileen Kailum (post: 1286007) wrote:I picked it up yesterday. Or the day before. Around then.

I really liked it, and I thought the art was great. I agree with you on Fang's design. The hair... Haha.

I'm still wondering what Max was eating for breakfast in that one scene, though. It looked like a salad... but for breakfast?

And is it just me, or does Iggy look like Light from Death Note?

even though this is about MR....

YAY DEATH NOTE AND LIGHT!

sorry LOL
Psycho Molos

Postby Aileen Kailum » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:29 pm

Has anyone read the new chapter that came out this month? Fang's character design still makes me laugh when I see it.

Aileen Kailum

Postby S.M.O.G. » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:30 pm

Why can't I find the manga anywhere? I need to find it or I'll become emo again... If anyone can find a copy I'll be in the corner...
S.M.O.G.

Postby S.M.O.G. » Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:15 pm

Finaly got my hands on a copy. Woot. Got my brother to pay for half. More woot.
S.M.O.G.

Postby Dr.Faust » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:30 pm

how is maximum ride i never got in to it
Dr.Faust

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews