2009 Manga Picks

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

2009 Manga Picks

Postby yukoxholic » Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:34 pm

So, yeah, we're already in the New Year and hype for future releases on continuing as well as new developing series has risen hopes since '08. I'm sure a lot of people here are already on pre-order lists for 20th Century Boys but I was wondering what everyone was dying to read.

Wanting:

Moyashimon
Orange
Tsubasa: Those With Wings
Oishinbo
X-men Misfits

As for "continuing series" I welcome more:

NANA
Evyione (Udon Press don't let this Manhwa die like countless others)
Princess Ai
Bride of the Water God (Please, I need more of this Manhwa series!)
Grim Peddler

I also love how a lot of teen book series are being picked up by distributors and being turned into manga like Maximum Ride and Cirque du Freak. Now, if only they could bring me some Twilight manga. ^_^;
yukoxholic

Postby LadyRushia » Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:53 pm

I also love how a lot of teen book series are being picked up by distributors and being turned into manga like Maximum Ride and Cirque du Freak. Now, if only they could bring me some Twilight manga. ^_^;

Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby EricTheFred » Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:17 pm

I need more BLEACH!!!!

(ahem.) And, naturally, as a responsible adult, I want the rest of the Mushishi series.

The rest of the One-Pound Gospel series (I have the original releases of what has been republished so far. I'm waiting on the stuff that never made it to the States before.)
May the Lord bless you and keep you.
May He cause His face to shine upon you.
May He lift up His countenance and grant you peace.

Maokun: Ninjas or Pirates? (Vikings are not a valid answer, sorry)

EricTheFred: Vikings are always a valid answer.

Feel free to visit My Writing.com Portfolio

Largo: "Well Ed, good to see ya. Guess I gotta beat the crap out of you now."

Jamie Hyneman: "It's just another lovely day at the bomb range. Birds are singing, rabbits are hopping about, and soon there's going to be a big explosion."
EricTheFred

Postby KagayakiWashi » Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:43 pm

I'm dying to see whether or not Vash makes it or not. I've done good not to spoil myself, but the wait drives me nuts! (if I think about it enough, hahaha).
"To be a good listener, you must acquire a musical culture...you must be familiar with the history and development of music, you must listen...to receive music you have to open your ears and wait for the music, you must believe that it is something you need ...to listen is an effort, and just to hear has no merit. A duck hears also." - Igor Stravinsky
Are you hurting? Struggling with something? Need an ear? Check out The Hopeline! https://www.thehopeline.com/CSDefault.aspx
The Blog! http://kagayakiwashi.livejournal.com/
KagayakiWashi

Location: Constantly chasing the dragonfly of love....or something like that

Postby yukoxholic » Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:31 pm

EricTheFred (post: 1279640) wrote:I need more BLEACH!!!!

(ahem.) And, naturally, as a responsible adult, I want the rest of the Mushishi series.

The rest of the One-Pound Gospel series (I have the original releases of what has been republished so far. I'm waiting on the stuff that never made it to the States before.)

I would've read Bleach had I not gotten so into One Piece. I can only do one 20+ volume series at a time. >_>;

One pound Gospel! I had completely forgotten about that series until you brought it up. Is it worth picking up? I've heard a lot of hit and miss reviews on it so I've been skeptical.
yukoxholic

Postby Monkey J. Luffy » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:10 pm

All, I'm truly looking forward too this year is more Bo-Bobob. I still have more series to catch up on. (and I mainly read manga scans anyways 8P)
Monkey J. Luffy

Postby minakichan » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:19 am

I'm sure a lot of people here are already on pre-order lists for 20th Century Boys...

Superman will never--
WROOOOOOOOONG!

*ahem* Actually, that would be PLUTO for me. ^__^ (IT'S BETTER. YOU KNOW IT.)

Also Kaichou no Maid-sama and Otomen. *sheepish grin*
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby EricTheFred » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:51 am

[quote="yukoxholic (post: 1279901)"]I would've read Bleach had I not gotten so into One Piece. I can only do one 20+ volume series at a time. >_>]

It's basically just typical vintage Takahashi (similar to Maisson Ikkoku). I like it mostly for being one of my first manga loves, along with Oh My Goddess and a couple others. It also has the distinction of being the first series where the US distributor dropped the title on me before the JP series ended. Sadly, it wasn't the last. I'm very glad they've now gone back and re-issued it. Now if I can just get them to reissue 'Patlabor'!
May the Lord bless you and keep you.
May He cause His face to shine upon you.
May He lift up His countenance and grant you peace.

Maokun: Ninjas or Pirates? (Vikings are not a valid answer, sorry)

EricTheFred: Vikings are always a valid answer.

Feel free to visit My Writing.com Portfolio

Largo: "Well Ed, good to see ya. Guess I gotta beat the crap out of you now."

Jamie Hyneman: "It's just another lovely day at the bomb range. Birds are singing, rabbits are hopping about, and soon there's going to be a big explosion."
EricTheFred

Postby ilikegir33 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:23 pm

What I Want
Moyashimon
Zetsubou Sensei
WaqWaq (it's a weird but real cool fantasy series from the author of Hoshin Engi)
To Love-Ru -Trouble-
Letter Bee
Ultimo (co-created by Stan Lee and Hiroyuki Takei! That's a collaboration that happens only in dreams!!!)

What I Welcome More Of
Rosario+Vampire
NORA and SUREBREC: NORA The 2nd
Bobo-bo
Death Note (what with the upcoming art book with gorgeous pictures by Obata-sensei)
:dizzy: [color="Orange"]People are so crazy these days. If you are one of those crazy ppl, then copy this into your sig![/color]:dizzy:
MOES. "Take off every sig for great justice"
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators.
What I'll be reviewing in the future:
SoulTaker (soon to start)
Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid. Proverbs 12:1
ilikegir33

Postby KeybladeWarrior » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:54 pm

Eagerly waiting for and continuing:
Black Jack volume 3
Yotsuba&! volume 6
Bamboo Blade(not sure about this title)
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All
The CAA Moderators.

"YEAH TOAST! TOCAA!"
KeybladeWarrior

Postby Gabriel 9.0 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:04 pm

I wouldn;t know where to start, given I haven;t ever read a manga yet. I suppose if there is any new Gundam or DBZ related manga coming out this year, I'd start with that first.
Some of my favorite scriptures.

Psalm91
A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;
There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.

Hebrews 4-4
1Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
2For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
3For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
4For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.

James 4
Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Grieve, mourn and wail. Change your laughter to mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.

Revelation 22:14
Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
Gabriel 9.0

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews