Skip Beat

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Skip Beat

Postby Kawaiikneko » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:51 pm

If you haven't read it, you need to read it! Skip Beat is probably one of my favorite manga at the moment. It's hilarious and the characters are so well-developed and have deeper motivations and problems than your average anime characters (imho).

The story follows Kyoko Mogami, a 16 year old girl who discovers her childhood friend, aspiring pop idol and boy she loves, Shou Fuwa, only keeps her around to act as a maid and earn money. Furious and heart broken she vows to get revenge by beating him in show business. (summary from wikipedia!)

Along the way, she also meets a pretty colorful cast of characters including the charismatic top actor in Japan, Ren Tsuruga.... who at first seems to hate her for no reason. But, we all know where that leads! Haha...

Anyways, I love this series. I just wish someone who knew Japanese or Chinese would get off their behinds and translate the two most recent chapters that have been out for at least two months... *bitterness* ... ahem..

So, who do you want Kyoko to end up with? My vote's for Ren, personally, but Shou is always going to be around to stir things up... I think Shou and Kyoko might be able to be friends again though. I imagine he may eventually write a song for her. :]
Kawaiikneko

Postby minakichan » Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:33 pm

I read 12 volumes of this, loved it, and then stopped for no reason. Aaaah, now I can't remember where I left off.

I hope Kyoko doesn't end up with a guy... I'm pretty sure it's going to be Ren, but she's so independent and strong that she doesn't need anyone! Also, Ren is a jerk. But not as bad as Sho.

The thing that scares me about this series is the proportions though ._. Seriously, it makes CLAMP look normal. Ren is like 12 hears tall ;______; so gross!
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby Kawaiikneko » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:43 pm

Aslfk!! Read past Vol 12!! 1) Volume 12 and 13 are my all time favorite volumes of SB 2) Ren starts not being as much of a jerk in that section of the manga.

Ren is freakishly tall though <.< He stands next to Kyoko and its like... alien!
Kawaiikneko

Postby AsianBlossom » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:31 am

My friend told me about this one I think. I might have to look into it and see if I like it.
RESPECT THE UNBORN AND CHOOSE LIFE...your mother did.

"Do not underestimate the power of the muffin! The muffin will smite all those who question it! The muffin will crush all nay-sayers! He who controls the muffin shall control the entire world!" -Taishi, Comic Party English Dub
AsianBlossom

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews