Beauty Pop

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Beauty Pop

Postby Sakura15 » Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:02 pm

Have any of you read this series? I think it's incredibly hilarious :lol: and very good. I won't lie I'm addicted to it :grin: I can't wait to read volume 6.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beauty_Pop

Wiki info if you don't know what it's about XD

I hope this thread hasn't been posted before, I didn't see one..so forgive me if it has.
[color="SeaGreen"]
"For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you." -Isaiah 41:13
[/color]

[font="Georgia"]
Sakura's Deviantart
[/font]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]
For what do I have
If I don't have You, Jesus?
What in this life
Could mean any more?- Starfield
[/color]
Sakura15

Postby Momo-P » Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:48 pm

Probably my all-time favorite manga. Got addicted to it thanks to Ciao magazine. X3

I absolutely love the scenes where you get to see the characters before and after. Mao-chan's new look is so adorable! I want that outfit so badly. ;~; I also wanna take Kei home with me. He's such a sweetheart...kind of a piglet though. XD
Momo-P

Postby Mave » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:03 am

It's certainly interesting and the female lead character is unique in my eyes.

It surprises me at how arrogant some of these professional hairstylists are and wonder how much of it rings through in real life.

I would love to have a haircut from Kiri. Seriously, I need a makeover and hairstyle is a very good place to begin at.
Mave

Postby Sakura15 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:12 am

Momo-P wrote:Probably my all-time favorite manga. Got addicted to it thanks to Ciao magazine. X3

I absolutely love the scenes where you get to see the characters before and after. Mao-chan's new look is so adorable! I want that outfit so badly. ;~; I also wanna take Kei home with me. He's such a sweetheart...kind of a piglet though. XD

It'd be awesome to get a make-over by them huh? XDD although I'd probably like Kiri to cut my hair, just cuz she's better :P *gets yelled at by Narumi* XD
Kei is very sweet, it makes me laugh how little he cares about their fights.

Mave wrote:It's certainly interesting and the female lead character is unique in my eyes.

It surprises me at how arrogant some of these professional hairstylists are and wonder how much of it rings through in real life.

I would love to have a haircut from Kiri. Seriously, I need a makeover and hairstyle is a very good place to begin at.

Yeah, I think that's one of the reasons it interests me, she's not the stereotyped sweet/hyper anime girl XD

I know! I believe some of them must be...I had this lady cut my hair once and oh my word, she acted like she was the queen of england or something :P very snotty and high and mighty attitude. On top of that she almost chopped all my hair off! I think she did it on purpose..but that's just me ;) :P

XD I agree, to bad she's not real, eh?
[color="SeaGreen"]
"For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you." -Isaiah 41:13
[/color]

[font="Georgia"]
Sakura's Deviantart
[/font]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]
For what do I have
What in this life
[/color]
Sakura15

Postby AsianBlossom » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:09 am

My friend has recommended this series to me...I guess I really should look into it.
RESPECT THE UNBORN AND CHOOSE LIFE...your mother did.

"Do not underestimate the power of the muffin! The muffin will smite all those who question it! The muffin will crush all nay-sayers! He who controls the muffin shall control the entire world!" -Taishi, Comic Party English Dub
AsianBlossom

Postby Puguni » Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:01 pm

The main girl is unique. She's not clutzy or a spazz, which goes a long way in my book.

The story is cute in a childish way. :D
Puguni

Location: In a place where I can wonder why good grammar doesn't apply on the internet.

Postby Kairi » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:33 pm

One of my friends recommend this series to me quite a while ago, and I've been meaning to buy the first volume ever since! It looks so cute, and like one that'd actually be safe for Christians to read.

Although, I must admit that it'll take me a while to get used to the idea of a bunch of (masculine...?) guys who are into giving makeovers and stuff. Ehh, only in manga... XD;
Kairi

Postby Sakura15 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:20 am

Kairi wrote:
Although, I must admit that it'll take me a while to get used to the idea of a bunch of (masculine...?) guys who are into giving makeovers and stuff. Ehh, only in manga... XD;

XD yeah at first I was like..and..these guys are...straight, right XD it was kinda weird but after awhile I got used to it.
[color="SeaGreen"]
[/color]

[font="Georgia"]
Sakura's Deviantart
[/font]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]
For what do I have
What in this life
[/color]
Sakura15

Postby Puguni » Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:23 am

Kairi wrote:Although, I must admit that it'll take me a while to get used to the idea of a bunch of (masculine...?) guys who are into giving makeovers and stuff. Ehh, only in manga... XD;

D: That's stereotyping genders. I'm sure there are a lot of straight guys that are into giving makeovers, but they don't because they're afraid they'll be labeled, which is pretty sorry if that's all it takes to prevent talents from getting out.

Sorry for making the thread too serious, but I think this is extremely important.
Puguni

Location: In a place where I can wonder why good grammar doesn't apply on the internet.

Postby Sakura15 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:30 am

Puguni wrote:D: That's stereotyping genders. I'm sure there are a lot of straight guys that are into giving makeovers, but they don't because they're afraid they'll be labeled, which is pretty sorry if that's all it takes to prevent talents from getting out.

Sorry for making the thread too serious, but I think this is extremely important.

No it's fine, you're right actually. I'm not in any way trying to say that if guys do makeovers they are gay :P but in manga you just can't tell sometimes XD
[color="SeaGreen"]
[/color]

[font="Georgia"]
Sakura's Deviantart
[/font]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]
For what do I have
What in this life
[/color]
Sakura15

Postby minakichan » Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:52 pm

I love Beauty Pop! Kiri is one of the coolest shoujo leads ever, in that she's neither a clumsy idiot nor a gung-ho violent girl nor a tsundere.

The whole "Get a makeover and your life will be PERFECT" stuff gets on my nerves, but it's all in fun =D
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:07 pm

Cool. I'll look into this one. I need more shojo manga.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Sakura15 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:56 pm

Shao Feng-Li wrote:Cool. I'll look into this one. I need more shojo manga.

It's definitely a good shojo :D
[color="SeaGreen"]
[/color]

[font="Georgia"]
Sakura's Deviantart
[/font]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]
For what do I have
What in this life
[/color]
Sakura15

Postby Souba » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:11 pm

[color="RoyalBlue"]How lame, but I just started reading this series, and it's really good! I really like all the characters, and the main girl is just so cool in her attitude. Aside from these children calling themselves "old biddies" *rolls eyes* from time to time, I really enjoy reading this manga. :D
Beloved in Grace,
Souba[/color]
@)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~@)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~

[color="RoyalBlue"]We are not saved by the Law, but by Grace[/color]

@)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~@)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~
Souba

Location: Second star to the right and straight on until morning!

Postby Kurama » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:48 pm

Shao Feng-Li (post: 1182064) wrote:Cool. I'll look into this one. I need more shojo manga.

Same here. <_<

LOL I have wanted to read this one for some time now. Thankies for reminding me about it. xD
Kurama

Postby AlyssHeart » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:11 am

I got the first two volumes at my school book fair...I liked them..I want to find the rest though...cause I can't...=(..BLEAGH!...but I love it so far!!! XD
"Surely what a man does when he is taken off his guard is the best evidence for what sort of man he is."-C.S.Lewis. =)
AlyssHeart

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews