Goofy foot gurl-another christian manga?

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Goofy foot gurl-another christian manga?

Postby Kuro-Mizu » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:59 pm

Sooo...

I searched for a topic about this but I couldn't find one. Maybe I wasn't searching the right things or maybe in the midst of everyone seemingly disliking serenity and being caught up in zondervans releases realbuzz's other releases have been overlooked on the forum.

If their is another thread though feel free to link me and close this thread.

ANYWAYS today I went to my christian book and gift store to check out zondervan's christian manga releases and LOW AND behold I see another release from real buzz studios called goofy foot gurl... I hadn't heard anything about it. In fact last I heard realbuzz had called off serenity and it was getting published by someone else.

I flip through the book and the art style is actually really good (even for being colored manga) in fact one of my favourites. The story didn't look amazing but it didn't look to bad either. Overall it looked like a pretty decent christian manga.

So I came and searched it on google and I find it on the realbuzz studios website-

http://www.realbuzzstudios.com/about_goofyfootgurl.html

and I notice two other titles besides serenity that were not featured at my christian book store. Also I didn't see any serenity on the shelf.

So here is what I am wondering... has anyone read goofy foot gurl and if so what do you think?

Also has anyone seen or heard anything about the continuation of serenity or any of the other titles on realbuzzes website? and if so are they any good?

any info is appreciated!
CAA does the FACE!
ImageImageImage
Formerly Known As Vernhal
//My Devart\\//My Sheezyart\\
Kuro-Mizu

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:20 pm

I'm interested as well. The purposeful misspelling of "girl" and the main character's pointlessly Japanese-style first name irritate me, however, and bring down my expectations.

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby ChristianKitsune » Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:48 pm

the artwork looks GORGEOUS actually...

i will have to look for this one.
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:34 pm

These are actually out? That means I may have to spend my money on them in order to write reviews. Irritation.

Vernhal wrote:Also has anyone seen or heard anything about the continuation of serenity or any of the other titles on realbuzzes website? and if so are they any good?

All RealBuzz titles are currently being published by Thomas Nelson, but information is remarkably tight concerning them. I do not know if any volumes have materialized.
uc pseudonym

Postby Nikolai Melodie » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:39 pm

Oddly, Realbuzz stuff seems to just vanish when it gets into public hands. I've never seen reviews online for Serenity or anything (come to think, does the CAA database even HAVE one? Now I must go check...) and that was why I bought it online even though from the stuff I'd heard, I didn't really want to read it at all. I've never seen it in stores, either. I had to get it off Amazon (however, it WAS 50 cents at the time...)

As for in the store, I haven't seen adverts or anything. What's going on here? o_o
Nikolai Melodie

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:38 pm

Sales for Serenity were very low, which contributes to this overall. When popularity is low so is funding for advertising. I recall very few reviews but you can read the ones written by Ann and I if you want. The address is below.
reviews.theproject.us/

Seleana wrote:does the CAA database even HAVE one?

No. Our focus is Japanese or Korean graphic novels, so no Realbuzz or Tokyopop titles.
uc pseudonym

Postby Kuro-Mizu » Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:07 pm

uc pseudonym wrote:

No. Our focus is Japanese or Korean graphic novels, so no Realbuzz or Tokyopop titles.

maybe a new section specifically for christian manga and anime would be something for the caa admins and mods to think about adding in the near future as more are made... just a thought.

I'm kind of disappointed that sales for serenity were low as I actually enjoyed it quite a bit despite its somewhat preachy story and lame art (the coloring mostly... the character art is all pretty good)

I'm glad I am not the only one who didn't realize that another realbuzz title had been released. If someone purchases goofyfoot gurl plz tell the rest of us what you think!
CAA does the FACE!
ImageImageImage
Formerly Known As Vernhal
//My Devart\\//My Sheezyart\\
Kuro-Mizu

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:23 pm

We will consider an expansion when there are enough of them. For the moment we have to just hope.
uc pseudonym

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews