Manga Bible

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Manga Bible

Postby Sapphire225 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:16 pm

"Because the World isn't as cruel as you take it to be." ~ Celty, Durarara!!

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."
~Deuteronomy 31:6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality. ~ Iris Murdoch
Sapphire225

Postby LadyRushia » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:41 pm

I've seen this before; it's pretty cool. Slowly but surely the Japanese are hearing the truth ^_^

Have you heard of Manga Messiah? It's pretty cool too.
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby Sheol777 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:43 pm

I need this.
Image........... My Deep Space Nine Podcast ........... My Anime List...........
Sheol777

Postby OtakusForChrist » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:52 am

That's really cool, I'd buy it if i could find where to, and if i could read more japanese...thanks for posting it
ImageYeah, he's that cool

{})--^--*If you love someone from afar copy this into your sig*
formerly: Shugo
OtakusForChrist

Postby Netbug009 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:08 pm

I wonder if this is the one my mom was saying they got at Christian Supply. Some Bible manga is in English now. I gotta check it out.
Netbug009

Postby SnEptUne » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:08 pm

Actually, there is an old anime that tells the story of the old testament of the bible, where Moss and his followers are moving out of Egypt. I can't remember the name however, unfortunately.

The angel in that anime has black long hair and looks like a man in white robe, compare to today where angel are drawn as "female" (i.e. with big chest, and unusual high pitched voice) in anime. I don't think there is gender in angels since they do not reproduce.
[SIZE="1"]Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs (1 Corinthians 13:4-5)[/SIZE]
SnEptUne

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:37 pm

This makes at least three series entitled "Manga Bible" (though one is technically manwha). I support one of the more recent ones, which is colored, probably to appeal to American audiences, but very high quality. However, I have not read this one.
uc pseudonym

Postby Auh_Rin_Yaang » Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:39 am

I dunno if any of you have seen this version of "Manga Bible" but there's the link.

http://www.newlivingtranslation.com/05discoverthenlt/details.asp?id=youth_teen&isbn=978-1-4143-1679-6
:hug:
Auh_Rin_Yaang

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:29 pm

That is the one I just mentioned, albeit with a different cover. As I said, I approve of this one and think people should support their effort.
uc pseudonym

Postby Okami » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:55 pm

Auh_Rin_Yaang wrote:I dunno if any of you have seen this version of "Manga Bible" but there's the link.

http://www.newlivingtranslation.com/05discoverthenlt/details.asp?id=youth_teen&isbn=978-1-4143-1679-6

I just bought this for my birthday <3 It's really cool. NLT, being my favorite translation, then an awesome manga style...
It's a good Bible to just sit and read and focus on while doing highlight-focus (Highlighter is my favvvvorite :thumb: ) It's good and colorful, at least, my first four chapters of Genesis, haha.
~*~ Blessed to be Ryosuke's wife!
"We will be her church, the body of Christ coming alive to
meet her needs, to write love on her arms." ~ Jamie Tworkowski
Okami

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews