Library Selling Manga

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Library Selling Manga

Postby Puguni » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:28 am

I went to library yesterday to drop off some books, and I like to look at their sales to see if I see anything I like.

They had about 20 mangas for sale for three dollars. The thing was, they were all sorts of manga taken from different series. I wanted the Rurouni Kenshin and Yotsuba, which were at odd volumes like 3 and 13, but I didn't care too much about the Tsubasa and other random manga.

I went without them. Should I have gotten them? D'X

Also, did anyone see any devastatingly good deals at libraries? Have you checked often?
Puguni

Location: In a place where I can wonder why good grammar doesn't apply on the internet.

Postby AsianBlossom » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:02 am

Libraries have sales? O_o

Unfortunately, my library doesn't do that. Sounds cool, though. I probably would've grabbed them, and then found the others later, because when it comes to manga, any discount you can get (if the book is in excellent condition, that is) is a good discount.

Like I was able to get Kitchen Princess for $8 and some change on Amazon instead of paying $10.95 at Borders.
RESPECT THE UNBORN AND CHOOSE LIFE...your mother did.

"Do not underestimate the power of the muffin! The muffin will smite all those who question it! The muffin will crush all nay-sayers! He who controls the muffin shall control the entire world!" -Taishi, Comic Party English Dub
AsianBlossom

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:05 am

Should you have got them? Eh, the way I see it, what's the point getting an odd volume for cheap if you don't plan on picking up the rest of it? The one might be cheap, but with how I can be I can't just be with an odd one and I'd have to get the others to fully enjoy the story...

The only manga deal I know if, is my localish comic store started a 'frequent buyers' card' where if you buy so many volumes, you get the 10th or so for practically free^^ Nice when you're trying to work through buying many different series^^
神 は、 その 独り 子 を お与え に なった ほど に 世 お愛 された。
独り 子 を 信じる 者 が 一人 も滅 ひない で, 永遠 の 命 お得る ため で ある。

ヨハネ 3:16
Tenshi no Ai

Postby ilikegir33 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:06 am

At Half Priced Books there can be good deals. I got volumes 3-8 of Death Note and some of the Kindaichi Casefiles that way.
:dizzy: [color="Orange"]People are so crazy these days. If you are one of those crazy ppl, then copy this into your sig![/color]:dizzy:
MOES. "Take off every sig for great justice"
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators.
What I'll be reviewing in the future:
SoulTaker (soon to start)
Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid. Proverbs 12:1
ilikegir33

Postby EricTheFred » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:46 am

Half-price, library sales, etc. are how I get hooked on new series, more often than not. I pick up something there, then start buying the rest of the series from Amazon, Rightstuf, Borders or whatever (Borders regularly has 4 for the price of 3 sales on specific publishers).
May the Lord bless you and keep you.
May He cause His face to shine upon you.
May He lift up His countenance and grant you peace.

Maokun: Ninjas or Pirates? (Vikings are not a valid answer, sorry)

EricTheFred: Vikings are always a valid answer.

Feel free to visit My Writing.com Portfolio

Largo: "Well Ed, good to see ya. Guess I gotta beat the crap out of you now."

Jamie Hyneman: "It's just another lovely day at the bomb range. Birds are singing, rabbits are hopping about, and soon there's going to be a big explosion."
EricTheFred

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:38 pm

My local library doesn't sell its manga, because those are some of their most used titles. But if they did, it would mostly be incredibly random volumes as well. I really wish I knew how they acquire those.
uc pseudonym

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews