the new Tokyopop site :/

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

the new Tokyopop site :/

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:05 am

Anyone else made about what it's become? I have it bookmarked to see when manga I'm looking for are coming out, as well as how many volumes are out of it etc etc. And now, they've completely revamped it into nothing but fanbased fanart stuff >_< I'm mad! Before they had it, but you could still access the listing of manga, but now I can't even find that >_<

Anyone else mad about this change? I think it's rather stupid and has little to do with Tokyopop, really, except their REALLY taking the whole "Rising Stars of Manga" thing a bit too far...

EDIT: Well, now I found out that you have to go through the shop to find them, it's not categorized under alphabetical title names just new releases, AND they don't list the "coming soon" volumes like they used to :/ Blah.
神 は、 その 独り 子 を お与え に なった ほど に 世 お愛 された。
独り 子 を 信じる 者 が 一人 も滅 ひない で, 永遠 の 命 お得る ため で ある。

ヨハネ 3:16
Tenshi no Ai

Postby EricTheFred » Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:02 am

Actually, you can still find all You can rearrange how the listings are sorted by using the drop-down boxes at the top. You can 'Browse', 'Filter' or "Sort' to get the various functions you're looking for. For example, to get everything starting with 'P' (new or old) you go to 'Sort By' and select 'P'.

I think the old site was a little faster, but I haven't used the new site much yet, so that could be familiarity. The only things I dislike are that reviews I've written seem to have disappeared in the transfer, and that you don't have a page for the whole series any more, just for the individual volumes. Still, you could keep volume 1 bookmarked so you can revisit and see if new volumes show up in the links.
May the Lord bless you and keep you.
May He cause His face to shine upon you.
May He lift up His countenance and grant you peace.

Maokun: Ninjas or Pirates? (Vikings are not a valid answer, sorry)

EricTheFred: Vikings are always a valid answer.

Feel free to visit My Writing.com Portfolio

Largo: "Well Ed, good to see ya. Guess I gotta beat the crap out of you now."

Jamie Hyneman: "It's just another lovely day at the bomb range. Birds are singing, rabbits are hopping about, and soon there's going to be a big explosion."
EricTheFred

Postby ChristianKitsune » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:43 am

I miss the old and original more newsworthy Tokyopop site. This is just a bit stupid...seriously. I miss it when it was just simple news, and whats giong on! It's really hard to find anything aboubt RSOM...grrr
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:33 pm

Do you mean the old version of their Myspace-replica or the site before that? We had a thread concerning the change from the latter. This one has completely lost my interest and I hope I never need to find information from their website in the future.

ChristianKitsune wrote:It's really hard to find anything aboubt RSOM...grrr

http://www.tokyopop.com/Rising_Stars_of_Manga/gopro/717637.html
uc pseudonym

Postby Debitt » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:36 pm

I really don't like the new otaku MySpace thing they've got going on now. =/ It took me forever and a half to find the page about when they were releasing the new volume of Tactics. I don't see why they felt the need to change it that drastically - the least they could do is separate the news and the MySpace wannabe.

...which reminds me, I should go back and wade through that mess again to see if they have dates for any new Tactics books. ;~;

[SIZE="5"](*゚∀゚)アハア八アッ八ッノヽ~☆[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DEBS: Fan of that manga where the kid's head is on fire.[/SIZE]
Debitt

Postby ChristianKitsune » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:07 pm

I meant the OLD website, not the stupid Myspace thingy...couldn't they make a seperate thing for that? I mean this is a PUBLISHING company...this is wierd. XD
oooh thaniks for the linkage, UC! much appreciated! ^^
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Corkyspaniel » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:10 pm

[color="Magenta"]I don't like the new site! T-T[/color]
Corkyspaniel

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:17 pm

ChristianKitsune wrote:I meant the OLD website, not the stupid Myspace thingy...couldn't they make a seperate thing for that? I mean this is a PUBLISHING company...this is wierd. XD

No kidding, it's stupid. Not sure if they're trying to just promote the fanbase or what. I mean, it's already pretty big...
神 は、 その 独り 子 を お与え に なった ほど に 世 お愛 された。
独り 子 を 信じる 者 が 一人 も滅 ひない で, 永遠 の 命 お得る ため で ある。

ヨハネ 3:16
Tenshi no Ai

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews