Guru Guru Pon-chan

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Guru Guru Pon-chan

Postby Momo-P » Sun May 13, 2007 9:24 pm

I picked up the first volume of this manga sometime ago, but I'm a bit hesitant to pick up the rest. Although I absolutely adore the story, the idea of a dog turning into a girl and falling for a guy...it's a sweet idea (how many stories do we have where people change forms for love?), but...ya.

I guess it wouldn't bother me so much if the guy turned into a dog himself or if Ponta turns into a permanent human.

Anybody got some info on future volumes? I know there's some ignorance moments later one where Ponta has no idea what "making a baby" is and therefore leads to her telling people she wants to have a kid and junk, but I don't know exactly what lengths these go to. Yanno, if they're more funny and innocent, or if it's handled distastefully.
Momo-P

Postby Ashley » Mon May 14, 2007 7:18 am

I don't know about that one, but if you love the plotline you might also like an older series called Tuxedo Gin. It's about a guy who gets turned into a penguin and has to turn back into a human for the girl he loves. From what I remember, it was marketed to younger teens so I think it'd be okay.

Anyway, sorry I couldn't help with your actual question. :sweat:
Ashley

Postby ranma8 » Mon May 14, 2007 8:06 am

Ashley wrote:I don't know about that one, but if you love the plotline you might also like an older series called Tuxedo Gin. It's about a guy who gets turned into a penguin and has to turn back into a human for the girl he loves. From what I remember, it was marketed to younger teens so I think it'd be okay.

Anyway, sorry I couldn't help with your actual question. :sweat:

Though, I haven't heard about there being anything overly explicit in Tuxedo Gin, I have heard there is nudity of the guy's girlfriend in Tuxedo Gin. If you don't like nudity, then you might not like Tuxedo Gin.
ranma8

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews