negima info

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

negima info

Postby hitokori » Thu May 03, 2007 12:36 pm

I have been looking for a new manga a long time as some of you know. I think I found one I realy like.I saw the negima anime a few times and loved it!!If any one can tell me somthing I need to know that could keep me from collecting the manga that would be great!!
things like nudity or extreme violence.
thanks!!
hitokori

Postby Nate » Thu May 03, 2007 12:39 pm

Let's put it this way. Negima is by Ken Akamatsu.

If you don't know who that is, let's just say his name is synonymous with "fanservice." The Negima manga comes shrink-wrapped because of the content.

Which to me is a bit overboard, the nudity levels aren't any higher than Love Hina was (which wasn't shrink wrapped). Lots of nudity, but it's "Barbie doll" nudity.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Hitokiri » Fri May 04, 2007 2:55 pm

The reason why it is shrink-wrapped is because the girls in the manga are 16 below and are depicted "barbie doll" nude.

It's very fan servicey. As well, it has alot of magical themes. Also, there are fight sequences (the martial arts tournament comes to mind) but nothing over the top.

It's very funny though, a intresting and compelling story, a grteat cast of diverse characters, and a intresting setting. I love all the over-the-top exagerattedness of the series. Like all the wierd clubs and stuff.
Hitokiri

Postby Nate » Fri May 04, 2007 3:50 pm

Hitokiri wrote:The reason why it is shrink-wrapped is because the girls in the manga are 16 below and are depicted "barbie doll" nude.

Shinobu, Kaolla, and Motoko in Love Hina are below 16 and were depicted Barbie doll nude, and it wasn't shrink wrapped.

That's why I don't understand why Negima was.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Fish and Chips » Fri May 04, 2007 4:32 pm

Nate wrote:Shinobu, Kaolla, and Motoko in Love Hina are below 16 and were depicted Barbie doll nude, and it wasn't shrink wrapped.

That's why I don't understand why Negima was.

Negima is handled by Del Ray Manga, who are different publishers from Love Hina. So I've heard, they went with shrink-wrapped editions to avoid making as many edits as possible to the content, which has paid off well thanks to fans of the series. Love Hina had different publishers, so I can't speak for them. My guess is, Del Ray just wanted to cover all their bases.
Fish and Chips

Postby Hitokiri » Fri May 04, 2007 5:55 pm

I am unsure but I think DelRay shrink-wraps other series as well.

The truth is though Negima has ALOT more underaged nakedness then Love Hina does.

Be warned though that the Negima manga, much like Love Hina, is much more fan-servicey then the anime.
Hitokiri

Postby Fish and Chips » Fri May 04, 2007 6:00 pm

Hitokiri wrote:I am unsure but I think DelRay shrink-wraps other series as well.

Basilisk is another shrink-wrapped serious they carry.
Fish and Chips

Postby ilikegir33 » Sat May 05, 2007 8:20 pm

Hitokiri wrote:I am unsure but I think DelRay shrink-wraps other series as well.

They shrinkwrapped Air Gear and Suzuka too.

Air Gear the manga has Barbie doll styled nudity too, and one of the girls is 10! o_O The other girls are 14, 17 and 22.

Yeah. Some OT 16+ series like School Rumble don't have shrinkwrap while Negima, Air Gear, Gacha Gacha and Pastel have it.
:dizzy: [color="Orange"]People are so crazy these days. If you are one of those crazy ppl, then copy this into your sig![/color]:dizzy:
MOES. "Take off every sig for great justice"
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators.
What I'll be reviewing in the future:
SoulTaker (soon to start)
Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid. Proverbs 12:1
ilikegir33

Postby hitokori » Thu May 10, 2007 12:22 pm

If its got nudity my parents will not let me have it :stressed:
thanks for telling me though.I could have gotn in trouble with my parents.
I just gues I wont be collecting negima.
hitokori

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews