Tsubasa info

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Tsubasa info

Postby hitokori » Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:25 pm

I have been looking for a new manga for a long time.I came across a manga called Tsubasa.I looked at the review but I want to know more about it and what peoples apinions are about the series.
anything you have to say would be a great help. :thumb:
hitokori

Postby jon_jinn » Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:36 pm

Tsubasa’s a pretty good manga. Many have found it to be a disappointing manga. I don’t think it’s the greatest, but it’s decent. I’ve only read the first like eleven volumes and it was a while back. however, I believe that the series is pretty clean. Some action violence and blood but it’s pretty clean in terms of sexual content/nudity. The artwork is very well-done (by Clamp) and the characters develop fairly well. The plot is somewhat slow-moving and can be kinda boring at times. But overall, the manga’s pretty nice. If you want an clean adventure/fantasy manga with a touch of romance, some smooth action, and beautiful artwork, I’d suggest giving it a try.
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby MyrrhLynn » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:08 am

If you want to know more about the story I suggest looking for one of the 1000000+ fansites out there. It also has an anime series so it is very popular and it is very easy to find lost of general content about the series.

In terms of objectionable content there is the whole fact that Sakura supposedly has these "magic powers" and magic is used a lot in the series. In one place they visit there is a god that grants wishes and the people have to try to please but it seems more like a Greek/Roman god in my opinion then the great I Am. :)

Violence gets a little worse as the series goes on but yeah the sexual content and swearing level are pretty low as far as I know.

:x:Anti Yaoi Fans :x: Daystar Design :x: MyrrhLynn.NET :x: Need an avatar? Then Click here!

"Another Sane Sig brought to you by MOES."
MyrrhLynn

Postby Miso_Chan » Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:40 pm

you should PM Shaera_Phina, she's a Tsubasa fanatic, she'll be honest with you on giving you the facts, not just the fanboy(or girl) review. she'll be jarsh when she needs to and soft when needed, she'll tell you straight up.

PS(it might be ShaeraPhina or Shaera_Phina, i don't remember which)
私は必死に日本への高等学校の外に移動することを希望し、日本の学生です。とにかく私の場合はより詳細な研究では、メインの仕方を知っているお問い合わせください!

私のお気に入りのアニメをしているカノンは、涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱ハチミツとクローバー、カウボーイビバップ.
Miso_Chan

Postby mai » Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:19 pm

I found it to be very boring. I couldn't even make myself finish volume 10. The characters don't change much and what little whiffs of deeper plot you get are all slow in being fully realized. If you don't mind a lot of rather pointless wondering around different worlds [with a lot of cuteness] were the good guys always win then you might enjoy it. I liked the first 8 or so volumes but I was ready for it to end a long time ago. Even some of the interesting things I've heard about the future of the series are not enough to entice me to continue with it.

Also each book is $11 I believe there are 17? volumes released so far. That is a lot of money.
My Website [online comic]

Do you find your self worried alot of the time about things that don't always make sense?

Are you experiencing any of these?
• Persistent feelings of sadness, irritability or anxiety
• Overreaction to irritations
• Loss of interest in activities previously enjoyed,
• Sleep too much, or sleep too little
• Unexpected loss or gain of weight
• Tiredness or restlessness
• Slowed movement, thought and/or speech
• Guilt, low self-esteem, feelings of worthlessness
• Inability to concentrate and poor memory
• Loss of motivation
• Feelings of hopelessness
• Suicidal thoughts and/or behavior
• Withdrawal from relationships, anti-social behavior
• Physical aches and pains that seem to have no other cause

If you have a few of the symptoms on this list, you may be suffering from a form of clinical depression there are many sites that offer advice and help.
mai

Postby hitokori » Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:19 pm

hitokori

Postby hitokori » Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:21 pm

Thanks for the manga info! You guyz all gave some awesome suggestions.. and i really appreciate it!!if all goes well, this will be the manga for me.

Again.. Thanks
** Hitokori **
hitokori

Postby ich1990 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:06 pm

Please note that after volume 12 the manga gets much more violent, bloody, and gory (dismembered limbs, people being run through with swords, people being shot with arrows, etc.). Of course around that time is when the plot starts to become interesting, so there is a tradeoff. Just be aware that their is some rather graphic violence in the later volumes.
ich1990

Postby Shaera_Phina » Fri May 18, 2007 5:16 am

Tsubasa seems really mild to me. Not much lagugue, gorg or any thing. But then again this going from the girl who loves FMA, bleach and the stuff like that so it seems mild to me I loved vol 12 it was awesome i can't wait untill vol 13 is out.

The plot is somewhat slow-moving and can be kinda boring at times.

Tsubasa has a good plot and it's never slow moving unless they stay somewhere too long. If you can something witha slow plot read furuba. It is all flash backs and the authoer just makes it up as she goes.
These are my drawings. Tell me what you think okey. =3

http://s47.photobucket.com/albums/f182/ ... /Drawings/
Shaera_Phina

Postby Kisa » Fri May 18, 2007 7:39 pm

I love this manga. I do see it taking darker twists which CLAMP does like to pull out in some of their manga, but the story and use of chracters we all know and love, as well as how the plot is unfolding is just so intriguing (sp?) I can't wait to see this one out ^^
They also have a character guide now which I may pick up as well ^^
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby Shaera_Phina » Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:18 pm

I loove clamp tsubasa is my favorite manga out there. MKRE is good too I really like that. CCS is cool too but kinda suggestive. Bleh.
These are my drawings. Tell me what you think okey. =3

http://s47.photobucket.com/albums/f182/ ... /Drawings/
Shaera_Phina

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews