Code Name: Sailor V

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Code Name: Sailor V

Postby Ashley » Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:37 pm

Radical Dreamer gave us a great review for Code Name: Sailor V. Thanks, RD! You can find it here:
http://www.christiananime.net/manga_rev ... isplay=241
Ashley

Postby Radical Dreamer » Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:22 pm

Oh, it's up! :D Thanks so much for posting it! Hope you guys find this useful!
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:31 pm

Hey cool. I want to get this. The lady's artwork is pretty to. And she's married to Yoshihiro Togashi XD
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:50 pm

Shao Feng-Li wrote:Hey cool. I want to get this.

I thoguht it was great when I read through it^^ Too bad that it's not licensed for whatever reason, and because of Sailor Moon -_-;ness that's going on with licensing stuff and all the licenses of both DVDs and mangas being dropped, you can only read it via scans, or in Japanese (although since I own some of the original Sailor Moon mangas, it is quite an easy read if you have an alright vocab and can read hiragana/katakana well^^)
神 は、 その 独り 子 を お与え に なった ほど に 世 お愛 された。
独り 子 を 信じる 者 が 一人 も滅 ひない で, 永遠 の 命 お得る ため で ある。

ヨハネ 3:16
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Wave » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:11 am

Ok I'm jsut going to sick this question in here. Where on this web sight do you find the manga reviews. I have been looking for them for quit some time now and I can find them. I can find the anime reviews ok but I can't find the manga reviews

wave.
••• ––– •••

You have heard that the law of Moses says "Do not commit adultry." But I say, anyone who even looks at a women with lust in his eys has already committed adultery with her in his heart
Mathew 5:27-29
Wave

Postby Radical Dreamer » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:12 am

There's a link at the top of the main page. If you still can't find it, here's the link: http://www.christiananime.net/manga_reviews.php
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:47 am

Naoka Takeuchi won a contest for writing this Manga. Its what inspired her to later make Sailor Moon, which I know many in my age group learned to love Anime with. I owe her a lot. ^-^
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:52 am

Etoh*the*Greato wrote:Naoka Takeuchi won a contest for writing this Manga. Its what inspired her to later make Sailor Moon

Another interesting tidbit is that her and Yuu Watase were friends, and that's why you can actually see similar themes in both stuff like Sailor Moon and Fushigi Yuugi.
神 は、 その 独り 子 を お与え に なった ほど に 世 お愛 された。
独り 子 を 信じる 者 が 一人 も滅 ひない で, 永遠 の 命 お得る ため で ある。

ヨハネ 3:16
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:41 pm

It always seemed to me like they would get a long fine.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby rocklobster » Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:06 pm

It's such a shame that such a great anime like Sailor Moon got so trashed.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:19 pm

You know, it certainly has its flaws. i watched it years later and couldn't stand it. However, I watched the live action Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon and loved it, despite my inabbility to watch the cartoon any more. SM has a huge amount of nostalgia value for me. The Manga is wonderful, and I like the story over all... I just had difficulty with the anime.

I even used the Manga to turn my anime hating niece in to a fan. >:D
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby Wave » Thu May 03, 2007 2:32 pm

Um ok If I whanted to get this. Where would I get it?

wave \/\/\/
••• ––– •••

You have heard that the law of Moses says "Do not commit adultry." But I say, anyone who even looks at a women with lust in his eys has already committed adultery with her in his heart
Mathew 5:27-29
Wave

Postby Radical Dreamer » Fri May 04, 2007 12:20 am

Wave wrote:Um ok If I whanted to get this. Where would I get it?

wave \/\/\/

Currently, it's only available via scanlation in the States. As far as a website goes, I don't remember what site I got my scans from, and I also know that providing that info here is against CAA's policies anyways, so I'm afraid I can't help you much, there. XD;

Radical Dreamer

Postby Ashley » Fri May 04, 2007 8:29 am

Well, you can do it via PM (and while you're at it, put me on that PM, too!) we just don't want it being posted on the boards.
Ashley

Postby Bobtheduck » Tue May 08, 2007 10:24 pm

I read a scanlation of the first issue way back probably before i came to this site... Before I knew what 'Scanlations' were... Sailor Venus was a lot more interesting before she met Sailormoon. As for Artemis... Well... I love Artemis, as you may be able to tell... (blink)

What really bugs me about the whole Sailor V thing is that the closest we got to having a Sailor V anime was the 1 episode in Season 1, and that episode GOT CUT from the US lineup!!! Man, that ticked me off.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews