Anyone heard of this?

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Anyone heard of this?

Postby AsianBlossom » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:31 am

Has anyone on here heard of "Yotsuba&!" by Kiyohiko Azuma?
AsianBlossom

Postby Radical Dreamer » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:03 am

YES. It's pretty much my favorite "comedy" manga. It's adorable, it's clean, it's funny...what's not to like? But yes, it's a very good series. I just wish ADV would hurry up and release the rest of it, already. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:07 am

Are they still publishing it? It looked like it kind of just dropped off the face of the planet with no clear ending.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:17 am

XD I love Yotsubato. It's so funny ^w^
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Debitt » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:43 am

Etoh*the*Greato wrote:Are they still publishing it? It looked like it kind of just dropped off the face of the planet with no clear ending.

There are at least 2-3 more books in the series, but ADV's manga branch has been having trouble for quite some time now, so I don't know if we'll be seeing the rest of Yotsubato! for a while. :(

[SIZE="5"](*゚∀゚)アハア八アッ八ッノヽ~☆[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DEBS: Fan of that manga where the kid's head is on fire.[/SIZE]
Debitt

Postby KeybladeWarrior » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:57 am

I love that series! It is a great manga for those who like the comedy genere. Hopefully ADV will release vol 4 this year.
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All
The CAA Moderators.

"YEAH TOAST! TOCAA!"
KeybladeWarrior

Postby soul alive » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:51 pm

I adore Yotsubato! I laugh to the point of tears every time I read it. Yotsuba's antics and how her father and Jumbo totally play along... heeehe. :D

I was pretty miffed at ADV for their disappearing act, and found a source of scanlations for the volumes that hadn't come out yet in the US. I'd be happy to share, so just PM me. I totally plan on buying the remaining volumes whenever they're released here, but the year plus hiatus was getting to me...
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby Tarnish » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:53 pm

Heh. Imagine my surprise when I realized I hadn't looked for new volumes in months, checked, and found out I still had the latest volume. Gotta love ADV (*grumble*).

Wonderful series. I loved it just as much as Azumanga Daioh!, and it's so clean, I was able to lend it to a nine-year old!
i draw things

Ponies are for ages six and under.
Tarnish

Postby AsianBlossom » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:58 pm

Yup. If there was ever an anime, and ADV dubbed it, I could totally see Jessica Boone (Chiyo Mihama from Azumanga and Misaki Suzuhara from Angelic Layer) playing Yotsuba, and Andy McAvin (Kimura-sensei from...well, you know...and Ichiro Mihara from Angelic Layer) playing Jumbo. "Did I say something stupid again??"
AsianBlossom

Postby Gypsy » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:54 pm

Woot! I love this series! The only other manga that has brought me to tears from laughter would be Azumanga Daioh. I guess Kiyohiko's style of humor just nails it for me.
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby AsianBlossom » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:56 pm

Totally. I love his work (those two manga anyways; I think he might have more out there).
AsianBlossom

Postby ilikegir33 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:24 pm

I LOOOOOOVE Yotsubato! It's the cleanest manga I've ever seen. However, I laughed until I cried!! :)
:dizzy: [color="Orange"]People are so crazy these days. If you are one of those crazy ppl, then copy this into your sig![/color]:dizzy:
MOES. "Take off every sig for great justice"
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators.
What I'll be reviewing in the future:
SoulTaker (soon to start)
Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid. Proverbs 12:1
ilikegir33

Postby AsianBlossom » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:53 am

Yup. Really cute. WE NEED AN ANIME!!!
AsianBlossom

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews