Good werewolf/vampire manga?

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Good werewolf/vampire manga?

Postby Sozo Bakura » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:35 pm

I'm looking for good clean manga about werewolves, mostly, but vampires would do fine. I know there's lots of rubbish out there, but I don't particularly want to sort through it all. I have read some of the .hack// manga with Ouka in it, so I guess that's an example of what I'm looking for (though I prefer fantasy to scifi).
Sozo Bakura

Postby Joshua Christopher » Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:42 pm

I don't think such a manga exists. The only real vampire manga that comes to mind is Hellsing, and that's certainly not clean.
Joshua Christopher

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:01 pm

Vampires, for whatever reason, automatically equal sex to a very strange percentage of the population. Werewolves less so, but they're definitely in there too. Thus you're probably not going to find a lot. I work in a bookstore, and even among the regular novels and such that kind of book is exceedingly rare. Most of it is the Anita Blake type crap where it's the "what supernatural creature is our heroine going to hook up with this week?" kind of thing.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby mechana2015 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:46 pm

Depending on your definition of clean, I might have something for you in... a few years or so. XP

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Fish and Chips » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:51 pm

"Clean" vampire Manga? Is there even such a thing as clean vampire literature in general?

Then again, what do you mean by clean?
Fish and Chips

Postby Sozo Bakura » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:34 am

I suppose by "clean" I mean "something that your parents or kids could read." A bit of violence is okay, but not excessively on every page. I can even grit my teeth through a little bit of language. Again, not on every page. I can't stomach sex in my manga, though, and like Eto said, it's very rare to find vamp manga without it.
Sozo Bakura

Postby Fish and Chips » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:16 am

I'd think the vampires, by their very definition, would be mutually exclusive from "Clean" Manga. Your best shot would probably be Trinity Blood, But I've never personally read/watched it.
Fish and Chips

Postby soul alive » Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:01 pm

I like to research a series and try it out before I buy - I looked into Trinity Blood a couple of months ago, and have recently been looking into Vampire Knight. Trinity Blood was okay, but it didn't capture my attention enough for me to read beyond one volume. I've liked the four and a half volumes of Vampire Knight so far - they're by the same manga-ka as Meru-Puri.

You're pretty much guaranteed to have some level of gore/violence with vampire manga. Trinity Blood's level wasn't overly done, but slightly excessive a couple times if I remember correctly. Vampire Knight's level of gore has been pretty tame - some blood down a vampire's face after he/she feeds, and vampires gone crazy attacking people and getting executed for it... the manga-ka deals with it well though, and implies violence sometimes rather than actually showing it.

I can't think of any werewolf manga/anime off the top of my head. Your best bet would be to go over to anime news network and search for werewolf manga.

Hope that helps.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby Sozo Bakura » Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:10 pm

Thanks, guys. :) I've heard of Trinity Blood, but it didn't interest me. I may look into Vampire Knight, though.
Sozo Bakura

Postby goldenspines » Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:22 pm

From what I've seen of Vampire Knight, I love it. I can't remember if there's any really bad stuff in it.
goldenspines

Postby MyrrhLynn » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:14 am

Vampire Knight is the #1 I would recommend. There is some blood and violence but it's not every page. There is a lot more gore as the story progresses. The worst I would say so far is that someone gets killed when a vampire puts a hand through that person's body and squeezes their heart to pieces. XP

The other one I would highly suggest is 100 Years of Snow (ore maybe it's 1,000 Years of Snow I honestly can't remember). It's by Bisco Hatori (Ouran Host Club) and it's only 2 volumes long but there's no major objectionable content and it's quite funny. :)

:x:Anti Yaoi Fans :x: Daystar Design :x: MyrrhLynn.NET :x: Need an avatar? Then Click here!

"Another Sane Sig brought to you by MOES."
MyrrhLynn

Postby Sozo Bakura » Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:02 pm

Well, ta again to everyone who reccomended Vampire Knight. I just bought the first volume, and I couldn't put it down. :D I think I'll try Millenium Snow when it's released.
Oscar Wilde:
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."
"Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months."
"One can survive everything, nowadays, except death, and live down everything except a good reputation."
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
Sozo Bakura

Postby ilikegir33 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:18 pm

If you want a clean vampire manga, and a little bit of kawaii and comedy, pick up Chibi Vampire (AKA Karin) or Tsukuyomi. I couldn't put down CV.
:dizzy: [color="Orange"]People are so crazy these days. If you are one of those crazy ppl, then copy this into your sig![/color]:dizzy:
MOES. "Take off every sig for great justice"
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators.
What I'll be reviewing in the future:
SoulTaker (soon to start)
Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid. Proverbs 12:1
ilikegir33

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews