What Christian Manga do you recommend for me and my friends to read

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

What Christian Manga do you recommend for me and my friends to read

Postby firestorm » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:53 pm

(Yay I just got the longes title award)

Ahem anyways, Hi I'm Firestorm or FS as some call me, I used to visit this site alot but have sort of disappeared from it for a while. I was wondering what Christian Manga do you guys recommend me to read? I like alot of stuff as long as it has a good story and good characters so don't worry about which genre, though I have seen a lack of stuff for the guy audience out there as far as printed stuff (I could be wrong of course. I've only seen a couple of the Christian mangas that are out there, also I like alot of the christian manga I read on the web.) Also, I'm trying to Get my friends into it and they like alot of stuff that stretch the Imagination, like fantasy and sci-fi and stuff like that, but besides steelblood (still waiting on inky to publish it! SO PROUD OF HER! GO INKY!!!!!) So I was wondering can you guys also recomment some Christian mangas that are in the fantasy or sci-fi genres.

Here is some of the ones I've read so far:

Advocate

Goofyfoot Gurl

Kingdom Come

Steel Blood

Lobster Tales (lol Ash please continue this It's funny)

Psychoteers

Skipping Tomorrows.

Serenity

Hits and Misses

Shelter of Wings

The Way (this one I really wante to read)
Come check my facebook fan page here If you want to see some great photography and art!

I am currently on my 4th draft of the script for Canvas! Canvas is a watercolor animated short about how everything declares of a Creator and how everything happens for a reason. If anyone would like to help by sending me resources on watercolor or animation it would be greatly appreciated!

I am also on my 1st draft of a short live-action Romcom called "Behind Every Good Man! Behind Every Good Man is about a Bride-to-be, Evelyn, who must stop her Mother-in-Law, Pamela, from living her dream wedding through Evelyn's. Along the way she learns what it means to be a Woman of Integrity today! If anyone wants to help let me know!

Location: Lovin the Miami Heat. And I ain't talking about the basketball team :3

Postby MorwenLaicoriel » Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:07 am

The ones I've read are Kingdom Come and Skipping Tomorrows. Skipping Tomorrows is on hiatus right now, but it's really good--particularly if you like historical romances or...time traveling!
MorwenLaicoriel

Postby dyzzispell » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:29 am

Yeah, for the most part the only place you'll find Christian Manga is on the web as webmanga. The only actual books out there are Serenity and Shelter of Wings. Serenity was very... basic, in its story, nothing special. I haven't seen Shelter of Wings yet except for an online preview.
And I know pretty much nothing about webmanga. I wouldn't mind being referred to some, too. XD
In Christ,
Dyzzi

Also on Smackjeeves
"Work In Progress" Facebook Fan Page
My DeviantART

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men..." - Colossians 3:23 NIV
dyzzispell

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:13 am

*insert plug for skipping tomorrow*
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby soul alive » Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:53 am

I'd recommend browsing through the titles in the Cognatio Webring. Also, go take a look through the 'Member's Projects' section of CAA - there are quite a few webcomics on there.

I myself am in the process of starting a webcomic - A Cruce Salus - historical/action/fantasy. I don't have anything of the comic up yet, but am planning on having a complete prologue up by the end of the year. The link is below in my sig.

Good luck in your quest, and let us know about the comics you find.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:06 pm

You seem to have read a great deal of the existing Christian webcomics. One thing you might want to try is going to http://www.theproject.us which has things from Ann, Mave, and myself. You've already read most of them, but "Kardia" by Syreth will be new to you.

As far as professional manga goes, there is one additional option:
http://www.zondervan.com/Cultures/en-US/Product/Kidz/Kidz+ZGraphic+Novels.htm

They aren't released yet, but please support them once they are. If these succeed, Zondervan will be open to new series that are bolder and hopefully better.
uc pseudonym

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews